The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Knight Character Creation armor

Merwanor

• 2 weeks later...
Technically, the Trooper didn't have theirs added either... the Stalwart Protector set is missing the backpack that, last I checked, was on the Trooper's armour in the Character Creator... :jawa_redface:

Thats because the Stalwart Protector is based off Jace Malcom's armor on Alderann's Bonus mission series with the secondary color different.

Thats because the Stalwart Protector is based off Jace Malcom's armor on Alderann's Bonus mission series with the secondary color different.

So they're actually putting in the armor of a key lore character? Where is my Malgus armor then? Where is Satele's set people were asking for? Where is master Orgus' robe :D ?

So they're actually putting in the armor of a key lore character? Where is my Malgus armor then? Where is Satele's set people were asking for? Where is master Orgus' robe :D ?

To be clear, Satele Shan's armor is not actually armor. She has a unique model, and her clothes are part of it, or so I've heard.

• 8 months later...

Still no word on when we will get the Jedi Knight Character Creation armor? Of the eight Character Creation armors it is the only one that has not been released.

The seventh, and last (as far as I can remember/determine), Character Creation armor to be released was the Bounty Hunter's set back in March 26th, 2013 (the "Heartless Pursuer Armor Set" was released as part of patch 1.7.3). That was one year and almost 8 months ago.

It really is about time that Jedi Knight Character Creation armor be made available. Could we maybe get some word on when this will happen? Maybe Mr. MDondelinger could satisfy our curiosity about this ;)?

Yet another Necro....

NEEEEEEECCCRRROOOOOOOOO!

:)

Considering that one of the forum rules is basically that you don't create a new thread for an existing topic, I did a search and replied to the most recent thread that was asking for this.

But since its at the time for a bit anyway, BW finds the Valiant Jedi to be the 'Creation' armor equivalent, and I heard its even coded as such, so it looks like it wont happen.

This is news to me! The Valiant Jedi armor is the "cinematic armor" that the Jedis wear. When did Bioware state that the Valiant Jedi was the "Creation" armor equivalent (and it wouldn't be even remotely "fair" for that to be the case when you consider that the Sith Warriors get the "cinematic armor" and the "character creation armor")? As for the "coded as such" comment: what does that even mean?

I don't remember the discussion, might be in another of the valiant jedi threads, but it knocked me for a loop too. I was excited about valiant and then creation armor, but if I remember correctly, the valiant is named in the code as creation armor or something like that. I wouldn't quote me on that, but I remember reading that. I'll look it up and try to find it myself.

EDIT: looked around, seems I remembered wrong. But it still seems to be treated as if Valiant is supposed to be the Character Creation armor. I do support a hood down white Battlelord's chest piece being implemented it is almost in the game :Dhttp://tor-fashion.com/jedi-battlelord/

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Going Necro Here ....

It really isn't fair that every other class has there character creation screen armor in it and we Knights get jacked ... again. And don't tell me about the Battlelord set. The hoods up with that one.

HOOD DOWN JEDI KNIGHT CHARACTER CREATION SCREEN ARMOR!! Please BioWare. We have literally been asking for this EXACT set since launch. I'll gladly go through and pull links to all of them.

Thank the Force it's missing the backpack! Haha!

Imo they won't add it because they find Valiant Jedi set as an appropriate substitute. :[

TBH, Valiant Jedi has a better model and is more detailed than the Character Creation Knight armor.

Still, you can mix and match armor pieces from sets like the Guardian's Exalted and dye them to get pretty much the same thing.

Edited by GabDube

• 1 month later...
TBH, Valiant Jedi has a better model and is more detailed than the Character Creation Knight armor.

I always find this comment rather strange.

While the Valiant Jedi set is a nice looking set, it has *less* detail than the Character Creation Jedi Knight armor. Especially when viewed from the back which is how you will spend 90% of your time in the game. The character creation armor has shoulder pads, back armor and the "belt over robe" look that provide more detail. The Valiant set has none of that. All you see is a "robe" and nothing else.

Not to mention that when looking from the front, the leg plates from the character creation armor are "better looking" (in my opinion :)).

Still, you can mix and match armor pieces from sets like the Guardian's Exalted and dye them to get pretty much the same thing.

The Guardian's Exalted has 2 problems: 1) it is Heavy Armor so only Guardians can use it; 2) it is "hood up".

The other problem is that on the Republic side there are no robed armors that have the "belt over robe" look and that have the hood down. Not one! (Don't believe me? Take a look on the GTN. Check the Medium and Heavy Chest pieces. Not one, I tell you! :( )

Another interesting fact:

when doing the Boarding Party (on the Imperial side) about a third of the Jedi's defending the ship are wearing... wait for it... the Jedi Knight character creation armor. It is already in the game. All that is needed is to take those assets, make them Adaptive, give them a nice little name (ex: Devoted Defender :)) and put the result on the Cartel Market.

It is long past time Bioware did so. (I really cannot understand why they haven't so far. :().

I seriously wish they would comment on this. We were told we were getting this set waaaaaaaay back when ... and haven't gotten jack. There is a huge diff in that armor set and every other one that is in game right now. I don't want something that kinda sorta maybe a little bit in some way does look like this ... I want the exact set. It's in game. There really is no excuse. Why? because it's already in the game for every single race and body type ... just make a new jedi and try ... so that isn't even excuse they could have. They literally just don't, as always, give a frack about what the community asks for.

• 4 weeks later...

Still no word on when we will get the Jedi Knight Character Creation armor?

The last Character Creation armor to be released was the Bounty Hunter's set back in March 26th, 2013 as part of patch 1.7.3. That was almost two years ago.

Could we get some word on when the Jedi Knight Character Creation armor will be made available? Or even word saying it will never happen... :(

Maybe Mr. MDondelinger could satisfy our curiosity about this ;)?

Btw they see valiant set as the character creation armor ^^

Not trying to be rude or anything, but anyone that looks at the Valiant set and looks at the armor that appears on a Jedi Knight during character creation and thinks that they are the same, needs to have their eyes checked. :D

I really just wish that they would comment on this officially! Do they plan to add it in the near/far future? Do they have no plans to add it? Something! Anything!

The Jedi Knight Character Creation armor should come with a backpack full of school books & binders, pencils/pens etc.

It should also say "Honor Student" or "Good Smart Kid".

In addition the armor should include pants that don't fit too well (slightly oversized) and a shirt that hangs too low.

The Jedi Knight Character Creation armor should come with a backpack full of school books & binders, pencils/pens etc.

It should also say "Honor Student" or "Good Smart Kid".

In addition the armor should include pants that don't fit too well (slightly oversized) and a shirt that hangs too low.

Really?

Personally, because none of those are present when creating a Jedi Knight, I see no reason why they should be a part of the armor.

Would you like to elaborate on your thought process?

Really?

Personally, because none of those are present when creating a Jedi Knight, I see no reason why they should be a part of the armor.

Would you like to elaborate on your thought process?

He's being a smart *** troll because he doesn't share your desire for armor identical to the character creation outfit. Valiant Jedi armor is actually the armor that Ven Zallow wears during the Sacking of Coruscant cinematic. Is good armor, but is not the character creation one (which I didn't even realize until literally going to check just now).

.... Is good armor, but is not the character creation one (which I didn't even realize until literally going to check just now).

Just in case anyone else hadn't realized it yet (or doesn't remember ;)), here are some links to help:

Jedi Character Creation Armor

Valiant Jedi Armor Set

As you can see, the armors are significantly different.

I just wish someone from Bioware would step up and let us know when this armor set will be made available on the Cartel Market.

Or, at the very least, explain to us why it won't be made available :(.

While we are on the topic, they should not only release the jedi knight character creation armor, but they should also release a second chest piece that is hood up, and make the robes on both be able to be dyed. Now some of you might think, "But wait! Hood up is the Jedi Battle Lord armor! We have that already!", and you would be correct that we have it, but the robe cannot be dyed, only part of the armor! The cloth never gets dyed, and also only jedi knights can only wear it, my shadow cannot. :(