The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Livestream - 1/24 Cancelled

EricMusco

Oh no! They are snowed in!

Soon they'll be down to resorting to cannibalism!

OR... they have an outbreak of the Rakghoul virus in the office and they are trying to cover it up! :eek:

Lol! Our definition of snowed in is a bit different than many of yours out there. We get snowed in if we wake up, its cold and we notice our drive ways are a little shiny.

Edited by Rafaman

Hey folks,

We had a really strange occurrence today, Texas actually got hit by something resembling winter. It is not at all like the winter I am used to from Pennsylvania, but certainly enough to create some problems. Due to the weather we will be postponing this weeks livestream.

Thanks for your understanding everyone!

-eric

Dude were in PA you from, da Burgh here, although born in Allentown.. Right now its 2 degrees but -15 with wind chill. But ya weather in Texas is tough, even SRV couldn't stand the weather. BTW i seriously envy you, the music scene in Austin is one of the best in the country, I've visited but never lived there, lucky bastich:)

I'm in Austin and schools, roads, and business are closed. That is what happens when we have a little ice down here and dip down near freezing temps. We all freak out and stay home because nobody knows how to drive on ice.

Well, being a California native and also someone who used to drive a big rig through the 11 western states and Canada ( now there was some fun in he snow and ice ), my first thought is to buy some snow-tires and have a nice crime spree in the greater Austin area.

Edited by Zorvan

I saw a report of ice and numerous accidents. Don't forget this is Texas we are talking about. People in southern states do not know how to drive on ice and snow. Luckily it will probably melt very soon...

This is all too true. I managed to survive living in Tennessee for 3 years. I never had a problem getting home in my p.o.s. Buick with regular tires, but every time the Ice (never really saw much snow but lots and lots of ice) covered the roads the maniacs in their 4x4 pick-em-up trucks sure had fun. I got to where I'd gauge how bad conditions were by the number of 4x4s wrapped around trees on my route home. 4-wheel drive, large off-road tires, and other nonsense don't work on ice at all. You have to slow down as you reach the top of a hill and ease down it, or you won't make any turns at all on the way down. This is something that quite a few people in the South (and all the other compass directions too for that matter) didn't seem to grasp.