The game has been out two years now, enough is enough with the damn stuns already!

Icebergy

Revanite overseers will use durasteel punch approximately 3 times, which each can be interrupted. Even a sent can use force kick, awe and force stasis.

Commandant Jenarian? That **** is a joke, he'll force choke you 17 times in the 30 seconds he'll take to wipe out anyone.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't Jenarian a named Conquest Commander? As in, intended to be done with an ops group?

Nah, she's just a Champ. But tougher than most Champs. The Commandant should generally be treated as a flashpoint boss. Take a group of 4, and use some common sense and you'll be fine.

Nah, she's just a Champ. But tougher than most Champs. The Commandant should generally be treated as a flashpoint boss. Take a group of 4, and use some common sense and you'll be fine.

I got some pugs but we got wiped twice before we figured out the way to go. That 2nd stun is BS.

Revanite overseers will use durasteel punch approximately 3 times, which each can be interrupted. Even a sent can use force kick, awe and force stasis.

Commandant Jenarian? That **** is a joke, he'll force choke you 17 times in the 30 seconds he'll take to wipe out anyone.

Debatable with the current levels of lag. Haven't personally had a lot of luck interrupting more than one or two per battle, but that wasn't what I was aiming at.

It's one thing to have knockbacks that send you back a couple of meters, it's another thing when you get launched into outer space with a single (sometimes non-interruptible) attack. The degree of knockback-- durasteel punch being only one example-- is ridiculous. Bioware seems to be really fond of it, especially after DA2, but it's gotten really old, really fast. Not that it was ever fun in the first place.

• 4 weeks later...
Isn't Jenarian a named Conquest Commander? As in, intended to be done with an ops group?

I tried to solo her last week. I got her down to sub 10%, and I was still above 50%. Then she literally force choked me until I died. She force choked me from above 50% to dead. And of course since she had the usual Bioware amount of stuns, I had already used my CC break.

Eric recently asked what we would like to see in streams, I would love to see a dev deal with all these stuns, particularly as a tank in an HM FP, and look into the camera and tell us that it is interesting gameplay and that they are having fun dealing with.

Eric recently asked what we would like to see in streams, I would love to see a dev deal with all these stuns, particularly as a tank in an HM FP, and look into the camera and tell us that it is interesting gameplay and that they are having fun dealing with.

Manaan? :D

This has always bugged me, as well. Nothing says "fun" like being stunned for 18 strait seconds. Or being stunned, break it, and immediately being restunned. I've been playing since beta, and the npc cc abilities in this game has always been my complaint.

This has always bugged me, as well. Nothing says "fun" like being stunned for 18 strait seconds. Or being stunned, break it, and immediately being restunned. I've been playing since beta, and the npc cc abilities in this game has always been my complaint.

Exactly! It doesn't make the game more difficult in most cases, it is just not fun gameplay. Its one of those things that really makes you wonder if the devs do actually play this game.

Tanking HM Korriban Incursion just now, my group just wiped because a gold mob literally chain stunned me for over 10 seconds and the rest of the pack killed everyone.

And my CC breaker was already used up since the previous group had a gold mob that tried to chain stun me as well.

Please tell me how this is fun or interesting game play?

It's not at all fun or interesting. How this problem has perforated this game for so long boggles the mind.

I have defended them for years, but this kinda thing continuing to pervade the game speaks either of gross incompetence in mob design or they just do not play their own game at all. Or both. How can they possibly think this is fun?

I have defended them for years, but this kinda thing continuing to pervade the game speaks either of gross incompetence in mob design or they just do not play their own game at all. Or both. How can they possibly think this is fun?

I suspect a lot of devs work on their part of the game and don't spend enough time actually playing, double that for an ongoing game like a MMO.

Watching the streams, it is clear the community team doesn't really play the game, they are generally terrible at it.

This became a huge issue for me with the release of SoR. The Revan fight alone is an absolute pain in the ***, but so are the numerous mobs with huge knock backs. I think it really is too much. I usually try to send in my companion first to eat whatever knock backs I can anticipate, but that's not always viable.

I can understand knockbacks and stuns in pvp and boss fights in pve (with the occasional from a weaker npc). And I completely agree on the Revan fight. Can't get a single rotation out without being stunned for 9 strait seconds. And using a tank companion doesn't help, because aggro doesn't seem to work correctly on him. And no, dropping aggro doesn't help much either. If he did cc less often it'd be fine, but doing it every 10 seconds is beyond frustrating. Frankly, once all of my companions are geared up I'm never doing that piece of crap fight again.

This became a huge issue for me with the release of SoR. The Revan fight alone is an absolute pain in the ***, but so are the numerous mobs with huge knock backs. I think it really is too much. I usually try to send in my companion first to eat whatever knock backs I can anticipate, but that's not always viable.

Its not even that I mind the mobs having them while fighting out in the open world, its when they design FP/Op trash groups with 6+ stuns/knockbacks that really make me want to quit playing a tank.

Its not even that I mind the mobs having them while fighting out in the open world, its when they design FP/Op trash groups with 6+ stuns/knockbacks that really make me want to quit playing a tank.

One of the biggest reason why pvp was broke and why a lot of people left this game was the unresolved CC issues. I say again, ONE OF THE BIGGEST REASONS. Basically the game is like WoW was before they put in the diminish returns on CCs.

I can understand knockbacks and stuns in pvp and boss fights in pve (with the occasional from a weaker npc). And I completely agree on the Revan fight. Can't get a single rotation out without being stunned for 9 strait seconds. And using a tank companion doesn't help, because aggro doesn't seem to work correctly on him. And no, dropping aggro doesn't help much either. If he did cc less often it'd be fine, but doing it every 10 seconds is beyond frustrating. Frankly, once all of my companions are geared up I'm never doing that piece of crap fight again.

...Revan's Saber Throw Stun is interruptible in the solo fight, you realize?

/signed

I enjoy some of the interesting attacks used by mobs, but I quickly grow tired of watch my prone character get bludgeoned.

Remember the old days when games used resistance rolls or saving throws? Yeah, I miss those days. The level mechanics in this game are so generalized they almost suffocate at times.

they abandoned a modified DnD rule set for this game sadly. it worked just fine for kotor and kotor2