Symbiote Rakling ...thanks for nothing

Vis-Tecum

If it was made a rare drop of sm and a guaranteed drop of hm it wouldn't be so bad. I just hate seeing an achievement that I might as well give up on finishing for an event. I was super excited to get Lord of the Raklings title. I am a vanity pet collector. After doing eyeless countless times on almost every 55 i have, and never seeing it drop. I am discouraged. I'll get my rep for my mount and will probably not be back down to the event. I think that is what the op is talking about.

If it was made a rare drop of sm and a guaranteed drop of hm it wouldn't be so bad. I just hate seeing an achievement that I might as well give up on finishing for an event. I was super excited to get Lord of the Raklings title. I am a vanity pet collector. After doing eyeless countless times on almost every 55 i have, and never seeing it drop. I am discouraged. I'll get my rep for my mount and will probably not be back down to the event. I think that is what the op is talking about.

There are mount collectors who have never seen the Red Sphere, etc, drop. Just part of the game.

after taking 6 months of farming lost island and having to compete with 3 other players each time for the RNG midnight rakling, some troll dev decides to add another rakling pet for RNG but this time decides to make it a rare drop from a temporary event boss with a weekly lock out that you have to compete with 8 - 16 other players for 1 RNG item. that just seems sadistic and like some moron dev is laughing while making troll faces at the players participating in the event, completing content, but not being rewarded.

there is not one single reward for completing any quest chains in this event or the bounty week, just currency to grind. why do devs think mmo has to mean do this 190 times and if you're lucky maybe you might get something shiny for it.

so thanks for nothing, because that's what you get for participating in swtor events and completing quests / objectives... nothing

didn't all of you get your special snowflake titles, don't you feel special enough already? can we stop with the artificial rare crap and just get rewards for kills and completion like there is a reason to be playing and participating in content

The bold part is where I stopped reading, and stopped taking you seriously. Really hard to attain items are wanted by a fair portion of mmo players. I don't care two squirts about those sorts of things, my enjoyment comes from elsewhere. Maybe you would prefer something a little more instantly gratifying? Try one of those toy dispensing quarter machines. Every time you insert a quarter you receive a cool little item!

Edited by VulgarMercurius

• 1 year later...

I agree with OP. To get the achivement "Lord of the Raklings," you need to kill the Luker once with each of the raklings summoned. If OP is in fact correct about One or more of the pets dropping ONCE per Eyeless Boss fight, then that IS a sadistic, or stupid way of doing things. Yeah, I get the "You have to earn it" BS and the rarity of the item. But having to compete with other players to get it is a big pain in the butt.

QQ is not unexpected. I welcome and embrace this player's pain as my own. I don't want to go through "Lair of Eyeless" several times on all my toons, up to level or not, and still not get the one pet I need. Meanwhile the random DPS player that stood in all the AOEs and died, gets the pet, doesn't focus on achievements or legacy titles, is rewarded with an item he or she will never recognize the value of, nor recognize the envy of the other player that has grinded for hours looking for the pet.

Why is it that some of the raklings can be bought easily but others cannot? :mad:

I agree with OP. To get the achivement "Lord of the Raklings," you need to kill the Luker once with each of the raklings summoned. If OP is in fact correct about One or more of the pets dropping ONCE per Eyeless Boss fight, then that IS a sadistic, or stupid way of doing things. Yeah, I get the "You have to earn it" BS and the rarity of the item. But having to compete with other players to get it is a big pain in the butt.

QQ is not unexpected. I welcome and embrace this player's pain as my own. I don't want to go through "Lair of Eyeless" several times on all my toons, up to level or not, and still not get the one pet I need. Meanwhile the random DPS player that stood in all the AOEs and died, gets the pet, doesn't focus on achievements or legacy titles, is rewarded with an item he or she will never recognize the value of, nor recognize the envy of the other player that has grinded for hours looking for the pet.

Why is it that some of the raklings can be bought easily but others cannot? :mad:

Firstly - congratulations on the thread resurrection.

Secondly - can I assume that you simply don't agree with rare items? You've used this rankling as an example, but you feel that everyone should be entitled to said item and follows, entitled to said achievement?

Can I also assume that in this case you're totally aginst the party jawa as there are plenty of people who don't own one and thus there are at least 2 achievements they will be unable to get?

You also feel that the red sphere drop during the Gree event should be a "if it drops - it drops for everyone in the ops group" kind of drop?

That's why it's rare and precious, you smart Sherlock. It wouldn't be rare if it dropped for everyone per raid. Get your guildmates and run Eyeless with alts. If the same people do it you can get a pet for each person after the second event or keep alts in tunnels and do Eyeless when the event is off.

Edited by PavSalco

Don't worry in 3.3 all achievements will be granted as soon as you download the patch and log in. You'll feel so special!!

It's Monday and ran it 24 times and no pet. (11 x 16m sm and 11x 16m hm and 1x 8m hm and 1x 8m sm)

It's Thursday and I've ran the Eyeless 18 times and no pet.

Did the Gree Xeno 24 times and no mount.

Doesn't seem fair.

Edited by pooks

Rarity is not the problem. The reason behind the rarity is the problem. An item should be rare only because it is difficult to complete the content in order to get it. Not because a random number generator and a lockout in a rare event makes it difficult to get.

I've done the eyeless OP 4 times, including 16m HM and have yet to see a pet drop even once. At the same time, eyeless was by far the easiest group boss fight I've ever done.

If you want to have a rare item, it should be because the mechanics are so difficult that players struggle to complete it. For example, I've only tried Ravagers 3 times so far but my group has failed to complete it yet. This means that I don't have any of the items that OP drops. That's okay with me. On the other hand, I practically slept through the eyeless fight 4 times and haven't even seen the pet drop yet, much less having a chance to roll for it. That's not okay with me. That is artificial rarity.

after taking 6 months of farming lost island and having to compete with 3 other players each time for the RNG midnight rakling, some troll dev decides to add another rakling pet for RNG but this time decides to make it a rare drop from a temporary event boss with a weekly lock out that you have to compete with 8 - 16 other players for 1 RNG item. that just seems sadistic and like some moron dev is laughing while making troll faces at the players participating in the event, completing content, but not being rewarded.

there is not one single reward for completing any quest chains in this event or the bounty week, just currency to grind. why do devs think mmo has to mean do this 190 times and if you're lucky maybe you might get something shiny for it.

so thanks for nothing, because that's what you get for participating in swtor events and completing quests / objectives... nothing

didn't all of you get your special snowflake titles, don't you feel special enough already? can we stop with the artificial rare crap and just get rewards for kills and completion like there is a reason to be playing and participating in content

Why not just give every player every item in the game?

Very basically he doesn't want rare items in the game. If something is available it should be in high-supply and freely available to all who want.

Adding an item that has a tiny drop rate and then you're forced to compete with 7 or 15 others (akin to the Red Sphere) is unacceptable.

There should be some rare items, but not too many. Anything the devs make that is cool is automaticly ultra rare. if bob the intern finger paints a cow, that will be available for everyone. they need to make some cool stuff that is common, to keep peoples interest. they also need to remember that making things like pets impossible to aquire alienates collectors. once you know it is impossible to get the whole set you stop trying to get any of it.

In other words... he wants the opposite of what so many other MMO players want and crave -----> hard earned bragging rights. He appears to want free bragging rights. :D

More seriously.. I think he is just frustrated at getting spanked so badly by /random and wants to blame someone.. and devs are low hanging fruit for blame in MMO forums.

Sorry OP, but MMO bragging rights and showing off is as old as MMOs. You cannot take it away, just because you did not get the little bauble you so very much want and crave. You have to work for it, and overcome the great /random variable and player competition that is definitive of MMOs. Single player game, where everything is yours, sounds like it would be more fulfilling for you.

bragging rights? "yay!!! I clicked on a box and got the ultra uber rare siamese fish stick!!!woohoo women will want to have my babies and men will want to be me!!!!!!!"

want people to respect you? join the marines

ps..welcome back Andrya, we missed you

Edited by ivanhedgehog

Firstly - congratulations on the thread resurrection.

Secondly - can I assume that you simply don't agree with rare items? You've used this rankling as an example, but you feel that everyone should be entitled to said item and follows, entitled to said achievement?

Can I also assume that in this case you're totally aginst the party jawa as there are plenty of people who don't own one and thus there are at least 2 achievements they will be unable to get?

You also feel that the red sphere drop during the Gree event should be a "if it drops - it drops for everyone in the ops group" kind of drop?

or have it apply the sphere to 4 random people in the team that dont have it already. that would be a cool mechanic.

bragging rights? "yay!!! I clicked on a box and got the ultra uber rare siamese fish stick!!!woohoo women will want to have my babies and men will want to be me!!!!!!!"

want people to respect you? join the marines

ps..welcome back Andrya, we missed you

Andryah is not back. This thread is from January. And I do not miss him/her.

Ontopic: For a start, I would already appreciate it if players who already have the pet, cannot roll for it again. They should get a lockout for the drop. What is worse than a guy who wins the pet twice in a row and is keeping the second one just so that no one else can have it? I witnessed such a scenario. It's very uncool.

Andryah is not back. This thread is from January. And I do not miss him/her.

Ontopic: For a start, I would already appreciate it if players who already have the pet, cannot roll for it again. They should get a lockout for the drop. What is worse than a guy who wins the pet twice in a row and is keeping the second one just so that no one else can have it? I witnessed such a scenario. It's very uncool.

mmo's bring out some really special personalities.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.