Hop On PTS For Galactic Starfighter Now!

EricMusco

Hey folks,

Don't forget that we are having a Galactic Starfighter focus test right now! Hop on PTS, test Team Deathmatch, play the bomber, and give us your feedback. We'll see you on Public Test!

-eric

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3251984233

http://i822.photobucket.com/albums/zz142/keitzy/jjajbiha.png

It's a pity that the download to Australia is at 750 kilobytes even though I am on fiber optic but somehow to the rest of the us I get 3 + megabytes download.

I am on day 4 of letting it download while I sleep.

So yes, I would test it but the download speeds are pathetic.!

Yes I have tried everything in the settings to get it to go faster.

Edited by keitzy

It's a bit of a shame we don't have the PTS title incentives like back in the early days. I imagine there'd be a lot more interest if you said something like: "Play 3 Galactic Starfighter Matches During this PTS Round for a 'X, Starfighter Inspector' character title. Play 10 matches to also unlock a 'Imperial/Republic Fleet Supervisor' Legacy Title."

I hopped on PTS briefly but there didn't seem to be much hope for testing when "/who 1-55" revealed 6 players online :(

It's a bit of a shame we don't have the PTS title incentives like back in the early days. I imagine there'd be a lot more interest if you said something like: "Play 3 Galactic Starfighter Matches During this PTS Round for a 'X, Starfighter Inspector' character title. Play 10 matches to also unlock a 'Imperial/Republic Fleet Supervisor' Legacy Title."

I hopped on PTS briefly but there didn't seem to be much hope for testing when "/who 1-55" revealed 6 players online :(

to be fair everyone is too busy with the event, after the event more people will come on, but a limited time thing like the return of the Rakghouls is too good to miss

Feedback: GSF SUCKS and takes away players from the real game. Once GSF came out for subs ther was a huge drop in the number of ops groups forming which has barely recovered. Not too sure if that's due to GSF or the lack of content

I have literally not noticed a drop in anything, as it is people were nervous it would affect ground pvp ques but it did not, and just because YOU don't like it does not mean that the rest of us who do like it can't enjoy it. Also, ops groups for pve content? if it is for pve then how does that involve gsf, a PVP minigame? I seriously don't understand how one would affect the other

Edited by Sangrar

I have literally not noticed a drop in anything, as it is people were nervous it would affect ground pvp ques but it did not, and just because YOU don't like it does not mean that the rest of us who do like it can't enjoy it. Also, ops groups for pve content? if it is for pve then how does that involve gsf, a PVP minigame? I seriously don't understand how one would affect the other

People like your are very annoying assuming one persons opinion reflects that of the entire community.

Obviously I'm talking about pve ops since pvp ops do not exist. I play on the shadowlands server and the ammount of ops groups to be found seems like it's been cut in half. I stated two possibilities for that, and if you fail to see how a ****** pvp game can cause that.... I wish I was a smart as you.

true but its either that or miss out on the rep grinding and dna canister collecting

This was a one-night thing. It's over, and no queues popped.

The rakghoul event doesn't seem to have an end date affixed as far as I could tell. So, no testing was accomplished for no good reason.

Edited by FridgeLM

Feedback: GSF SUCKS and takes away players from the real game. Once GSF came out for subs ther was a huge drop in the number of ops groups forming which has barely recovered. Not too sure if that's due to GSF or the lack of content

I haven't noticed any decline in Ops or FP ques (horribly long as usual) so I doubt it has changed anything.

It seems to me that people are using GSF on their alts more than their mains as an assist whlie leveling up.

Ques for PvP are not noticably longer either. GSF ques are popping like crazy tho. Even on off hours I hardly have to wait more than a few minutes.

People, in general, seem to love it for now.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

PTS has been a ghost town whenever I've been on, but I play EU times so maybe that is coincidental.

Loathe as I am to say it BW needs to start offering incentives (Joe MMO doesn't care about PTS changes, Joe MMO wants cool stuff) to get some bodies on the PTS, so that stuff can be tested properly.

PTS has been a ghost town whenever I've been on, but I play EU times so maybe that is coincidental.

Loathe as I am to say it BW needs to start offering incentives (Joe MMO doesn't care about PTS changes, Joe MMO wants cool stuff) to get some bodies on the PTS, so that stuff can be tested properly.

PTS definitely needs to reward players again with titles. Additionally Free-to-Play should not only be allowed to play PTS (not sure if they are or not, every single one of the 12 people on fleet reported being a subscriber), but F2P players should also be rewarded with access to raid content on PTS.

The PTS isn't always there. What harm would it be to incentivize it for those times you actually want people playing there voluntarily? They gave me titles in the past, two patches in a row, so I know the technology exists.

If I may, Mr. Musco...

Why don't we try this again, at the same time? Announce it earlier. I know my guild would have been happy to try it but I bet half of them don't even have the PTS downloaded and we were rather occupied during peak match times blowing up people to notice the OP (Or the forums at all, really). I'm sure this was the case for most people.

As for incentive... why don't you try to have a Bioware team going? They could pass out Faun Taun codes or something to people they play with/against.

I waited 3 hours qued with no GSF pop. There was never enough people online.

The people who didn't waste their night are the real winners.

Sounds consistent with GSF. I believe they got the feedback they needed - Semi-Free Rail Shooter 2013/14 is just as dull as the first "space" combat arcade game.

In all honestly once this game produces quality content then people will play SWTOR more. From my perspective on Jedi Covenant (and when I rarely check on Ebon Hawk and Shadowlands [gave up on my alts there because those servers weren't that good to start with) I have seen a pretty good drop in activity, population, etc.

It has become stagnant and resembles a bunch of zombies roaming around trying to do something to justify their subs. Again, my opinion, but JC, with the exception of people trying to do the Rakghoul event when it isn't bugged or when BW/EA announced it AFTER it started (like most times with events) has had consistent low population for a good amount of months now.

This was a one-night thing. It's over, and no queues popped.

The rakghoul event doesn't seem to have an end date affixed as far as I could tell. So, no testing was accomplished for no good reason.

the end date for the event is January 28

Sounds consistent with GSF. I believe they got the feedback they needed - Semi-Free Rail Shooter 2013/14 is just as dull as the first "space" combat arcade game.

In all honestly once this game produces quality content then people will play SWTOR more. From my perspective on Jedi Covenant (and when I rarely check on Ebon Hawk and Shadowlands [gave up on my alts there because those servers weren't that good to start with) I have seen a pretty good drop in activity, population, etc.

It has become stagnant and resembles a bunch of zombies roaming around trying to do something to justify their subs. Again, my opinion, but JC, with the exception of people trying to do the Rakghoul event when it isn't bugged or when BW/EA announced it AFTER it started (like most times with events) has had consistent low population for a good amount of months now.

I play only on JC and don't see this at all. JC has not dropped in activity. Fleet has 3 instances everyday. Rakghoul event is bustling. Queue times for lowbie and endgame PvP isn't long nor are queue times for starfighter. Raids are being formed at all times of the day so if you want to pug there should never be an issue. GF queues might be lower due to the rise of 16 man OPs post 2.4. I don't know what issues you are running into, but since I play there everyday and at various times excluding the morning I have not been stopped from doing all the content I've wanted to do.

Per Tait's announcement, I came to the party, but no one was there. After waiting on PTS for 40 mins. I tried again later on, still no one. I had tried several times throughout the weekend for the first test build. Same thing.

It's a huge waste of time, and a disappointment. I respect your trying to get everyone on at the same time, but if you're going to do this staffers need to be there from start to finish to fill the queues.

Players have made any suggestions. If you guys delivered practice arenas or the ability to select the ship of your choice for the tutorial, we could at least get a feel for the new bombers any time we log in to PTS.

But right now, it'd almost an insult. Our time is valuable too.