Jug DPS Survivability discussion

Maudril

It was mentioned earlier that even with the buffs, Jugs fall a bit behind a lot of the DPS classes still, and a further DPS buff would put them in line with other classes.

Good, leaves room for Jugs to live up to their name, time to boost survivability.

But how is the issue, adding a large AOE damage reduction is apparently out the window because of Enraged Defense. Perhaps along with making ED free, reduce the benefits in favor of more passive damage reduction. I am not a numbers guy, so not sure how much or exactly what to hit

I also have a major beef with Rage jugs being squishier than Mara jugs, but IDC about Rage as much as I do about Vengeance, so I have no ideas there.

How about you all, what do you think would be the best way to increase Jug DPS survivability?

I think a 30% AOE reduction or 20% because 30 might be a bit too much should be added to Deafening Defense. IMO my Veng jug has good survivability especially in 1v1, but in large fights...with quite a few monkeys... as it has been the case for a while now thing's aren't as pretty anymore!

We already have a 4 percent all around DR is the thing. What I would do is give us 26 percent aoe DR if people are OCD bout it.

And carnage gets 6 percent DR and defense. Focus sents get 7 percent from stance and talents. Sure, we have slightly more due to heavy armor, but they have Rebuke, which is better than focused defense in longer fights.

Again, I don't see why our other defenses need to be nerfed to get AOE DR that we should have had fir a while now.

And carnage gets 6 percent DR and defense. Focus sents get 7 percent from stance and talents. Sure, we have slightly more due to heavy armor, but they have Rebuke, which is better than focused defense in longer fights.

Again, I don't see why our other defenses need to be nerfed to get AOE DR that we should have had fir a while now.

Totally agree with you andrew, powertechs also gets 30% AOE dmg reduction in their middle tree AND 30% dmg red while sunned. So a 30% AOE dmg reduction for vengeance isnt to much to ask for. With the changes that are coming in 2.6 + the changes thats planned for enraged defense ,AOE dmg reduction is the only thing we still need IMO. I could live with some sort of melee crit buff tho, how about +10% melee crit per stack of pooled hatred (in addition to what it does now).. I know this thread is about surviability but just thoght its better to get my idea out...

• 3 weeks later...

Vengeance's enraged defence is definitely a stumbling block. It's one of the few abilities that can be activated while stunned, and when skilled offers damage reduction in addition to the heal. If the rage costs are removed it will be fully usable for what it's designed for, a defensive cooldown that can be used while stunned.

If passive AoE damage reduction were added, enraged defence would need to be changed (maybe into a reactive self heal and no longer be usable while stunned?). It's hard to say what would be a balanced survivability addition for juggs until we see what they plan to do with enraged defence.

Personally, I'd like to see enraged defence work like chaff flare does for the pyro pt, and just give the middle tree passive AoE damage reduction.

Edited by Marb