Downtimes incorrect?

fire-breath

Hey bioware. I might be mistaken but in my book 10:00AM GMT is 10:00AM in wintertime.

At this time my clock is at 10:40 and servers would have been down allready for 40 minutes.

Somehow the internal Bioware clock is still on summertime I think?

Btw, this happend last week too.

Hmm Idk about GMT, but I know that it's quite correct on my server of Pot5, that at 6am-8am (3am-5am PST) it's down. They actually pulled it a few min fast. Because I logged off bout 4min before server down, and tried to get back in & couldn't.

Thats normal captrogue. They close the servers for new loggers a few minutes before the downtime starts. The people online will get booted out at the correct time.

And for the downtime. I allready expected it to be at 11:00 AM GMT since thats the usual time they pull the plug. Its only a bit strange imo. We shouldnt have to calculate it from PST or whatever it is being called :p

Is the system supposed to be up now? I am at 1pm Eastern US, but every time I try to log in I get an empty server list.

I have run the repair tool and it says everything is okay. as did the launcher diagnostic.

Any ideas?:eek:

Last time I got error 4001

Edited by Jrpm
new info

Hey bioware. I might be mistaken but in my book 10:00AM GMT is 10:00AM in wintertime.

At this time my clock is at 10:40 and servers would have been down allready for 40 minutes.

Somehow the internal Bioware clock is still on summertime I think?

Btw, this happend last week too.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=7123839&postcount=1

Reading is important, the downtime is listed as 11:00am GMT, not 10:00am GMT.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to be sure a quote. Again at 9 AM GMT the servers weren't down yet. I presume this is because 2AM PST is 10AM GMT. This now the 3rd time in a row this mistake occured.

On February 4th, all game servers, SWTOR.com, and the launcher will be unavailable while we perform scheduled maintenance. Game Update 2.6 will be implemented during this downtime. Details are as follows:

Date: Tuesday, February 4th, 2014

Duration: 5 hours

Time: 2AM PST (9AM GMT) - 7AM PST (2PM GMT)

During maintenance, all updates and additional information will be posted on our Twitter account.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain service for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/pacific-time/convert/