Hardmode Czerka Core Meltdown and Jugg Tank

On my jugg tank I always have problems with Enhanced Duneclaw in Czerka Core Meltdown HM... how do you get to the green generators in time? Since they are random, I tank him in the middle. But once Sand Storm starts, I have a slow debuff on me and can't make it tot he far ones in time... unless I blow my unleash (purge). But then sometimes I get stunned just before I get there. And the times I do get there, the next time around my purge is still on cooldown.

I've also to asked the dsp to start moving to them so I can leap to them. But they are moving as slowly as I do.

So any tips for a jugg tank tanking Duneclaw on how to get to the green generator in time?

note: these are PUGs

If your party has ranged DPS, you can ask healer to stand between boss and 1 generator, ranged dps stands between boss and 2nd, while you tank the boss between 3rd and 4th. Then when the generator lightens up, you just intercede to the player closest to it, and you should have enough time to get in range in time.

I like to move the boss to the middle after each generator :) I let the group know that I will bring Duneclaw back to the middle after each generator and face him away from the group.

When fighting him, I usually also have my camera zoomed out so I can see a couple generators and if none of them light up you can quickly check the ones behind you to see which one it is :)

Another thing, don't take him in the middle after first generator when u have to blow ur CD but possition ur self closer between the rest. Especialy when the first generator that lights up is the right one which is the trickiest of them all. Intercede helps a lot as others said and if u have Mara with u, let him pop Transcendence (taking the skill name from Sentinel but i think u guys have it same) when the storm starts...

Intercede helps a lot as others said and if u have Mara with u, let him pop Transcendence (taking the skill name from Sentinel but i think u guys have it same) when the storm starts...

Predation, if I'm not mistaken.

By the way, have some of you tried to aoe-taunt the boss to reduce the damage on the group during the sandstorm (sonic wall)? Might help the healer. And saber reflect also seems to reflect the sandstorm's damage (don't know if it hits the boss, though). Seems like the juggernaut has some nice tools for this fight.

Sounds like rule of two is my best option for random pug's. Never used it, so a couple of questions. aoe damage will trigger this? my guard doesn't have to be directly attacked? And is there a cooldown on it?

Last night's pug was with two operative dps, and they were in melee range. So they weren't any help with being able to use intercede to them. I did ask them to be on opposite sides and position themselves towards the generators. But being they were in melee range, that didn't really help.

Sounds like rule of two is my best option for random pug's. Never used it, so a couple of questions. aoe damage will trigger this? my guard doesn't have to be directly attacked? And is there a cooldown on it?

Aoe triggers the effect. It should last for the whole sandstorm, though I usually do focus on other stuff while tanking.

Last night's pug was with two operative dps, and they were in melee range. So they weren't any help with being able to use intercede to them. I did ask them to be on opposite sides and position themselves towards the generators. But being they were in melee range, that didn't really help.

Operatives are melee, don't let the blaster fool you.

Aoe triggers the effect. It should last for the whole sandstorm, though I usually do focus on other stuff while tanking.

Good to know. thanks

Operatives are melee, don't let the blaster fool you.

I wasn't complaining that the operatives weren't dps'ing from range. Just stating the the dps were in melee range so leaping to them wasn't really an option.

Edited by altaboy

I wasn't complaining that the operatives weren't dps'ing from range. Just stating the the dps were in melee range so leaping to them wasn't really an option.

Oh, I misread you then. But you would wonder how often I meat people who belive that scoundrels/operatives are ranged dps (and vanguards/powertechs as well - even people who play them:rak_02:)

Good to know. thanks

Also, aside from Rule of Two which is really handy, taunt the boss just to be safe as soon as you start running towards the generator, 'cause you might lose aggro to dps since they don't stop dpsing and no backpedalling is allowed during that run. If you lose aggro even for a couple of seconds and the dps you lose aggro to is in a different direction that of the generator you wont have time to properly position the boss. Healer will love healing through all that damage :p

Healer will love healing through all that damage :p

When I am in there as a healer, I always tell the tank to keep the boss in the center because that's the only way to get 4k EHPS on this fight in the Torparse leaderboards. :D (http://www.torparse.com/statistics/Czerka+Core+Meltdown/Enhanced+Duneclaw)

To the OP: On my Guardian, I never heard problems getting to the generators in time. However, you really need to start running as soon as the generator turns green, if you start running like 2 seconds later, you won't make it before the boss does his smash and stuns you.

And I don't remember that you could target those generators and intercede to them but I may be wrong.

Edited by Jerba

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.