Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Orange Gear Critting Tests

Kryzite

So I have crafted roughly 150 orange items testing to see if they can crit and have an augement slot. I have concluded either it it VERY rare or they cannot crit craft. Anyone else done any testing?

For reference the recipes I tested were:

Hardweave Jacket

Vagabond Chestguard.

Made 70-80 of each.

Thx for the test. I compared raid drops to modded orange gear and if mods carry the set bonuses, orange gear without augment slot = raid gear. If orange gear could crit, the augment slot would be unbalancing factor between raid gear and orange gear. If mods don't carry set bonuses, orange gear will be inferior regardless of augment slot.

So it's likely that orange gear can't crit and that mods do carry the set bonuses. If not the gear balance will be a mess.

I think you are right, but one thing this means is that Synthweaving and Armormech are 2 very useless Crew Skills as they bring nothing to the table at 50. There is no bonus to leveling them and are a waste of time and credits. Since you cannot craft anything BIS and any orange gear can be modded to be a level 50 piece, they have nothing to sell and no benefit to the crafter. This is a serious oversight and should be fixed.

I think you are right, but one thing this means is that Synthweaving and Armormech are 2 very useless Crew Skills as they bring nothing to the table at 50. There is no bonus to leveling them and are a waste of time and credits. Since you cannot craft anything BIS and any orange gear can be modded to be a level 50 piece, they have nothing to sell and no benefit to the crafter. This is a serious oversight and should be fixed.

That's not entirely accurate, at least for Armormech. There are some raid tier pieces I can craft at max level, from what I saw upcoming on the trainer.

And who knows what will drop from those raids for crafters, and what we can reverse engineer.

Not to mention the fact that through Armormech/Synthweaving we will have the ability to craft orange versions of every type of armor look in the game. You can't get all that from questing/drops. If orange modded with raid level mods is equal to raid level gear, then that will be a huge draw to people not wanting to look like whatever the tier sets look like. It is basically this game's appearance tab.

Edited by hadoken

All I can think of is that there is no reason to use orange wrists ... one item that could be covered by armortech. But that's about it.

Not to mention the fact that through Armormech/Synthweaving we will have the ability to craft orange versions of every type of armor look in the game. You can't get all that from questing/drops. If orange modded with raid level mods is equal to raid level gear, then that will be a huge draw to people not wanting to look like whatever the tier sets look like. It is basically this game's appearance tab.

How does that work / how do you get the schematics ?

Apparently you didn't read some of the feedback people have posted on the tier set art :p

/signed.

I have found a ton of lower level orange gear that looks amazing... I checked out the tier gear and it looks like someone wanted to do a Gundam meets Star Wars look or something. It looks really bad.

has anyone made any further tests? Ive spent yesterday crafting orange armor with Kira (+5 crit synth) and nothing critted. Ive made assumptions, that even orange gear can take augment slot. Crafted gear should be after all superior, for crafting to have some meaning.

Thx for the test. I compared raid drops to modded orange gear and if mods carry the set bonuses, orange gear without augment slot = raid gear. If orange gear could crit, the augment slot would be unbalancing factor between raid gear and orange gear. If mods don't carry set bonuses, orange gear will be inferior regardless of augment slot.

So it's likely that orange gear can't crit and that mods do carry the set bonuses. If not the gear balance will be a mess.

Since everyone in this thread seems to be trying stuff on Oranges I have question...

If you mod your Oranges with all Artifact mods... Would you be able to make it as good as the Artifact armor drops ?

I had a huge argument with one guy in my guild about that... Saying that Oranges meant nothing and they don't scale...

Edited by pSyToR

Since everyone in this thread seems to be trying stuff on Oranges I have question...

If you mod your Oranges with all Artifact mods... Would you be able to make it as good as the Artifact armor drops ?

I had a huge argument with one guy in my guild about that... Saying that Oranges meant nothing and they don't scale...

They should be equal. For example the best PvE gear if you take enhancement and mod from it, add armoring 25, you get orange item of equal strength. That is if neither can have augment slot and if set bonuses carry over with mod or ehancement.

They should be equal. For example the best PvE gear if you take enhancement and mod from it, add armoring 25, you get orange item of equal strength. That is if neither can have augment slot and if set bonuses carry over with mod or ehancement.

I know I won't "win" the argument with him... cause he didn't even believe me about the "crit" crafting with the Augment slot on Green and Blue items... ;-)

So I guess until he practice it himself ... he will keep the same minding ;-)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.