14500cc is available to buy on website

CrazyMcGee

Hey all, I just bought some more coins and although the usual options were displayed, once I clicked on 5500, a box appeared saying "Special Offer" and offered me 14500 as a "purchase upgrade". I believe it's the equivalent of $99.99 USD.

Anyway, I know this was available briefly for in-game purchases, but in case anyone is interested, it is also available online (although not at first glance).

I'm a pretty good customer of cartel coins, so I don't know if this is available for everyone or if they just knew I have no willpower...

I've purchased my fair share of coins and have been all for the CM but lately I've been questioning what this means for gaming. I'm kinda torn right now, I love this game and want it to succeed but something feels weird about the CM and these types of transactions in general. Is the evil corporate empire taking advantage of us gamers? You can't tell me we wouldn't buy DLC expansions given the $ we spend on hypercrates. What's best for gaming?

there are people in this game who buy lots of CC each month. At the time the largest purchase you could make was the $40US for 5500 CC, 5500 is not enough to purchase a single hypercrate (or multiple for that fact) so people are "forced' to make multiple purchases, requiring processing fees and transaction fees. Easier to offer those that are going to spend that amount anyway on a single transaction, than require multiple transactions.

I didn't believe it the first time I had seen it either, had it been there a few months ago I might have used it, but as of now I havn't, and probably wont in the near future if ever. But, it is an option to those that like to purchase lots of items and packs. Just another option for people to use and those are never bad things.

Yes this option appeared a couple months ago in game then it wasn't present as a purchase option however now it is back again at least for me. Not sure what is going on with it.

But you see people buying 3, 4, 5 Hypercrates a larger purchase option was needed in particular because there's that lockout that occurs if you have too many transactions in a particular period this alleviates that issue for some people.

I've purchased my fair share of coins and have been all for the CM but lately I've been questioning what this means for gaming. I'm kinda torn right now, I love this game and want it to succeed but something feels weird about the CM and these types of transactions in general. Is the evil corporate empire taking advantage of us gamers? You can't tell me we wouldn't buy DLC expansions given the $ we spend on hypercrates. What's best for gaming?

I am more than happy to buy CC and buy stuff from the CM, but IMO this current and the previous shipment was not worth the money. Having seen what items Rift & TSW create for their cash shop, I really think BW needs to step up their game.

Given how cheap things now sell for on the GTN and the lack of "OMG! I gotta have it" items, I'm surprised that people are still buying gambling packs.

The same thing happened to me yesterday so I pulled the trigger. It is the best bang for your buck.

As for this comment:

No one is taking advantage of anyone. If you like a product buy it, if you don't then don't buy it.

Edited by Kain_Turinbar

The same thing happened to me yesterday so I pulled the trigger. It is the best bang for your buck.

As for this comment:

No one is taking advantage of anyone. If you like a product buy it, if you don't then don't buy it.

It's not about buying a product or not, it's about the direction some games are going. Something just doesn't feel right.

I am more than happy to buy CC and buy stuff from the CM, but IMO this current and the previous shipment was not worth the money. Having seen what items Rift & TSW create for their cash shop, I really think BW needs to step up their game.

Given how cheap things now sell for on the GTN and the lack of "OMG! I gotta have it" items, I'm surprised that people are still buying gambling packs.

And the whole embargo bs only to flood the market with the same "super rare" items is dumb. Why would I spend tons of creds on something that's gonna be back soon? Like I said, I love this game but come on BW, how long will this gig last? Make "super rare" mean something.

It's not about buying a product or not, it's about the direction some games are going. Something just doesn't feel right.

The customer base (broadly) has demonstrated that they like the shift in business model. It gives the customer more degrees of freedom in how they access a game, and how much, rather then fixed fee access. Not all customers of course, but companies are practical.. they provide what sells. The proliferation of "free" games in mobile computing is driving the market shift much more then even the MMO genre changes. It's a broad market shift, being heavily liked by customers, across ALL gaming.. not just MMOs. MMOs are small potatoes compared to all other gaming.

Personally, I prefer to subscribe, and to use Credits to purchase CM content from others as much as possible. But I understand and respect that other players have other desires.

Edited by Andryah

The customer base (broadly) has demonstrated that they like the shift in business model. It gives the customer more degrees of freedom in how they access a game, and how much, rather then fixed fee access. Not all customers of course, but companies are practical.. they provide what sells. The proliferation of "free" games in mobile computing is driving the market shift much more then even the MMO genre changes. It's a broad market shift, being heavily liked by customers, across ALL gaming.. not just MMOs. MMOs are small potatoes compared to all other gaming.

Personally, I prefer to subscribe, and to use Credits to purchase CM content from others as much as possible. But I understand and respect that other players have other desires.

You're right, many games are shifting to this model and it is quite simply a choice to spend real money or not. I've used the CM to make in-game creds several times so I can't be a hypocrite :D, I just question how long until people say enough is enough.

You're right, many games are shifting to this model and it is quite simply a choice to spend real money or not. I've used the CM to make in-game creds several times so I can't be a hypocrite :D, I just question how long until people say enough is enough.

My guess is the industry is changing because the customers changed. Or rather, they stayed the same but their circumstances changed. The gamers from 15-20 years ago are still gamers today, but many may have less time but more money to spend.

Still, it's everyone's choice how much they want to spend. And considering there are far more expensive hobbies out there, and looking at the hours of enjoyment per currency unit, I think it's worth the money. :)

My guess is the industry is changing because the customers changed. Or rather, they stayed the same but their circumstances changed. The gamers from 15-20 years ago are still gamers today, but many may have less time but more money to spend.

Still, it's everyone's choice how much they want to spend. And considering there are far more expensive hobbies out there, and looking at the hours of enjoyment per currency unit, I think it's worth the money. :)

There has never been any doubt in my mind about this game being worth it, just hope that those in charge are smart enough to balance it all out in the long run. Gaming is a business and successful companies keep the traffic flowing nice and smooth on both sides of the street.

And the whole embargo bs only to flood the market with the same "super rare" items is dumb. Why would I spend tons of creds on something that's gonna be back soon? Like I said, I love this game but come on BW, how long will this gig last? Make "super rare" mean something.

Not once have they been secretive about the fact that an embargo only means temporary removal and not a permanent one.

And don't tell me that stuff like revans sash isn't "super rare".

This whole line of thought smacks of elitism.

And it sickens me. What's wrong with having occational releases of retired items every now and then?

It's not like the rare stuff is gonna get common just because they release an embargoed pack for a week or two.

I don't see revans mask for sale for 10k or the hoverchairs for a pittance.

No, the real problem with this line of thought is that it is based on real life "rare" items.

But the difference is that a rare item in this game is unsellable once it is used. And thus after a while they will stop existing for purchase (or people will "collect" them but never use them, which is just as pointless).

Look at the threads on the first page of this forum and you'll easily see what isn't right.

There are multiple threads about the CM and the recent packs that have nothing to do with the game of TOR. All of these threads are about things specific to the CM and the packs, as though they were the game. These threads could be taking about Magic or Pokémon cards, as the topic, and the discussion are all about the Cash Shop minigame and have nothing to do with the actual game.

The next "MMO" that EA makes is likely just going to be a Second Life type mechanism to pawn their virtual Pokémon cards. The Sims:Star Wars edition is where we are heading.

Look at the threads on the first page of this forum and you'll easily see what isn't right.

There are multiple threads about the CM and the recent packs that have nothing to do with the game of TOR. All of these threads are about things specific to the CM and the packs, as though they were the game. These threads could be taking about Magic or Pokémon cards, as the topic, and the discussion are all about the Cash Shop minigame and have nothing to do with the actual game.

The next "MMO" that EA makes is likely just going to be a Second Life type mechanism to pawn their virtual Pokémon cards. The Sims:Star Wars edition is where we are heading.

The new Forza game for Xbox One has a $40 car pack that you can't get unless you buy it. That is wrong for gaming imo. Titanfall says they won't have micro-transactions even though it's backed by EA so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. It is a choice but I wonder what the future of gaming will bring, just hope the higher ups are smart about it.

The new Forza game for Xbox One has a $40 car pack that you can't get unless you buy it. That is wrong for gaming imo. Titanfall says they won't have micro-transactions even though it's backed by EA so it'll be interesting to see how that goes. It is a choice but I wonder what the future of gaming will bring, just hope the higher ups are smart about it.

There are companies out there still doing it right.

The expansion for XCOM was pretty remarkable, IMO. Huge content expansion, basically a re-boot of the whole game for $30. Maybe we need Firaxis to make an MMO.

Spot on. Things race to the rock bottom price so fast. The tacky armour drops are all too often, the worthless level 6/9 crafting stuff and other items.

I've had this option to purchase 14500 for £62 but as my sub runs out in 2 days, I dont plan on returning until 4v4 is removed for standard Qs and we see some new 8v8 content.

Not once have they been secretive about the fact that an embargo only means temporary removal and not a permanent one.

And don't tell me that stuff like revans sash isn't "super rare".

This whole line of thought smacks of elitism.

And it sickens me. What's wrong with having occational releases of retired items every now and then?

It's not like the rare stuff is gonna get common just because they release an embargoed pack for a week or two.

I don't see revans mask for sale for 10k or the hoverchairs for a pittance.

No, the real problem with this line of thought is that it is based on real life "rare" items.

But the difference is that a rare item in this game is unsellable once it is used. And thus after a while they will stop existing for purchase (or people will "collect" them but never use them, which is just as pointless).

My point, at least, is that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for BW to continue things like the have been the past couple months. I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with this business model. My criticism is that I don't think they are doing it as well long-term as other games.

My point, at least, is that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense for BW to continue things like the have been the past couple months. I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM with this business model. My criticism is that I don't think they are doing it as well long-term as other games.

I sort of feel the same way but, Eric said they are working on a road map style post to let us see their plans for 2014 and content outside of the CM. I'm waiting until then to decide whether or not I feel comfortable with the direction the game is going in. I'm hoping they have some good content in store for us.

Yet... we have threads fairly regularly by players asking for them to bring <xyz> pack back in the CM. AND.. they sell... so yeah.. not everyone welcomes embargoed packs back.. but many do. They are serving the customer desires.

Personally, I made a truck load of credits when they bring back embargoed packs. It floods the market with desireable items at discount prices. I made 20M credits alone simply buying up Music Probes when they recently flooded the market and sold for under 1M credits.. and I held them until the market returned to the more normal prices for this particular item. I should have bought more of them to be hones. :)

Edited by Andryah

Spot on. Things race to the rock bottom price so fast. The tacky armour drops are all too often, the worthless level 6/9 crafting stuff and other items.

Players are driving the market, not Bioware. And it's player choice.... let the players play the way they want to IMO.. including the trade market for CM pack items.

And yes.. prices move into the basement very quickly these days after a pack releases... but I'm fine with that. Instead of having to wait two weeks for prices to floor... I only have to wait a few days. I've already purchased everything I wanted off the GTN for this pack.. at great prices. So now.. I will begin farming the market and storing select items for later resale after the frenzy is over.

Nobody buys Cartel Coins that does not want to. And nobody is forcing them to either. And selling larger CC blocks for less real money per CC is a win for everyone.

Edited by Andryah