Sam_WarDragon

• Replies 751
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kal'izo

Guardian Vigilance 4/36/6 - 3896

http://www.torparse.com/a/740965/time/1407955579/1407955834/0/Overview

AMR - http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/2920cf19-0f70-4073-804c-701045ccdf13

I think the Guardian/Jugg leader board it a little messed up. I like to see my name like anybody else but I think one Kalizo on the board will suffice. Thanks Sam

Kal'izo

Guardian Vigilance 4/36/6 - 3896

http://www.torparse.com/a/740965/time/1407955579/1407955834/0/Overview

AMR - http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/2920cf19-0f70-4073-804c-701045ccdf13

I think the Guardian/Jugg leader board it a little messed up. I like to see my name like anybody else but I think one Kalizo on the board will suffice. Thanks Sam

LOL thanks for pointing that out. :)

Updated

Not sure if it matters much but this time i am on my guardian. If accuracy is important lol.

also not sure if this thread does TTK. If we do, then that parse would actually be 3914 (1,000,000/255.442). Just let me know if I need to change anything.

Edited by Joran-Koon

Not sure if it matters much but this time i am on my guardian. If accuracy is important lol.

also not sure if this thread does TTK. If we do, then that parse would actually be 3914 (1,000,000/255.442). Just let me know if I need to change anything.

well if you would have trimmed the parse properly ( i assumed you did because this isnt your first time posting) it puts you at 3928. We dont use ttk on this thread and we trim to the killing of the dummy to include the full kill shot. So you actually did 1003564 damage in 255.44 seconds

1003564/255.44 = 3928

as you can see... this properly trimmed parse shows.

http://www.torparse.com/a/740965/time/1407955579/1407955835/0/Overview

i will update it later when i get home from running errands.

I would like to state that we changed our trim rules to that of the old world thread before they started using the google docs. So are they trimming differently now? Because their calculations seem off to me when you actually trim to the dummy kill which is what you used to have to do. Some of the dps they have stated is wrong when you trim to the kill shot because its not taking in the extra second to actually kill the dummy. Its cutting the kill shot completely off which is why the old thread and this one says to trim to the kill dummy line. just curious.. i am not going to change this threads rules at all but have looked at a couple parses on that thread and came up with a diff dps number.

well if you would have trimmed the parse properly ( i assumed you did because this isnt your first time posting) it puts you at 3928. We dont use ttk on this thread and we trim to the killing of the dummy to include the full kill shot. So you actually did 1003564 damage in 255.44 seconds

1003564/255.44 = 3928

i will update it later when i get home from running errands.

I would like to state that we changed our trim rules to that of the old world thread before they started using the google docs. So are they trimming differently now? Because their calculations seem off to me when you actually trim to the dummy kill which is what you used to have to do. Some of the dps they have stated is wrong when you trim to the kill shot because its not taking in the extra second to actually kill the dummy. Its cutting the kill shot completely off which is why the old thread and this one says to trim to the kill dummy line. just curious.. i am not going to change this threads rules at all but have looked at a couple parses on that thread and came up with a diff dps number.

Snicker is using TTK now that's why.

Which is a fundamental misunderstanding of DPS. Take a spec like Rage, which most of the time has no dots on the target. If you take 4:15 to do 999,999 damage, then you're sitting at 3922 DPS. If your next hit is for 5883 damage, then you're still at 3922 DPS by doing 1,005,883 damage over 4 minutes and 16.5 seconds. But, going by TTK, you've done 1 mil damage over that time, resulting in 3899 DPS.

The amount of damage you do actually do should matter, especially with parse times being so short. Trimming according to this thread's rules results in Damage Done/TTK results in a more accurate assessment of DPS (though to be fair, the differences are about 0.5%).

they were using TTK before snicker but you still have to trim the parse the way we do on this thread. That is why we changed our rules so people could parse for the world thread and this one at the same time.

World Thread:

2. Parses will be standardized using the drop down time boxes. Set the time interval according to start of combat and death of the dummy.

Thats the same rule that applies to this thread the difference is now he takes the ttk and only devides it by 1000000 which is not the accurate damage you did in the same amount of time. It is essentially nerfing your kill shot. I have seen that some of his parses he accepts are not trimmed properly and because of that the dps is a little off as well. TTK pretty much stays the same and that is why the old thread OP never posted dps but only TTK. We like the DPS number on this server that is why i kept with this format. Snicker also stated on this thread he wouldnt allow someone to post on the world thread who didnt get loot the right way. To me that doesnt make sense because i would think i would want people to be equally geared to me so i can truly see if im better then them and not only beat them because im in one of 3 guilds that can actually get the MH. But thats just me.

1003564/255.44 = 3928

Kal = Noob

Sam = Hero

My apologies lol

Thats the same rule that applies to this thread the difference is now he takes the ttk and only devides it by 1000000 which is not the accurate damage you did in the same amount of time. It is essentially nerfing your kill shot. I have seen that some of his parses he accepts are not trimmed properly and because of that the dps is a little off as well. TTK pretty much stays the same and that is why the old thread OP never posted dps but only TTK. We like the DPS number on this server that is why i kept with this format. Snicker also stated on this thread he wouldnt allow someone to post on the world thread who didnt get loot the right way. To me that doesnt make sense because i would think i would want people to be equally geared to me so i can truly see if im better then them and not only beat them because im in one of 3 guilds that can actually get the MH. But thats just me.

I don't speak for Yolo and the others who are running the World Leaderboards, but they did accept Clixx's parse (aka Swiggity-swooty) regardless of exploiting the Main Hand for not. You can see their finalized statement here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7577765

EDIT: Yes, he did, in fact, say he wasn't going to add Clixx's parse intially when the exploit happened. Some time after, I think he's gotten around accepting parses regardless of gear legitimacy.

Edited by DieGhostDie

I don't speak for Yolo and the others who are running the World Leaderboards, but they did accept Clixx's parse (aka Swiggity-swooty) regardless of exploiting the Main Hand for not. You can see their finalized statement here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7577765

EDIT: Yes, he did, in fact, say he wasn't going to add Clixx's parse intially when the exploit happened. Some time after, I think he's gotten around accepting parses regardless of gear legitimacy.

Well it makes sense to want competition to push you harder. In my opinion dps parsing doesnt mean as much as some people make it out to be. We are standing still going balls out it really isnt an accurate representation of how we would respond in a raid environment. And i have had plenty of people in raid with me that could out parse me on a dummy but couldnt out dps me in raids. But thats neither here nor there. These parsing threads are for fun and we all should encourage others to get gear equal to ours so we can maybe learn a thing or 2. If someone out parses me with the same gear i want to know what they are doing and learn it so i can be a better player.

Edited by Sam_WarDragon

Well it makes sense to want competition to push you harder. In my opinion dps parsing doesnt mean as much as some people make it out to be. We are standing still going balls out it really isnt an accurate representation of how we would respond in a raid environment. And i have had plenty of people in raid with me that could out parse me on a dummy but couldnt out dps me in raids. But thats neither here nor there. These parsing threads are for fun and we all should encourage others to get gear equal to ours so we can maybe learn a thing or 2. If someone out parses me with the same gear i want to know what they are doing and learn it so i can be a better player.

I definitely agree with you there. I mean while it was kind of silly to easily exploit gear without any effort (i.e. Nightmare Dread Council), that has its mind of its own progression realm. DPS Competition is what got me going throughout the 2 years of playing this game. I always parse to adapt to situations where I have the best and worst RNG, dummy or raid. I remember when I was suffering of not having a bugged Kell Dragon SA relic in terms of Sniper parsing (I had an Underworld Relic that time), but I pushed myself hard to at least get near that level with insane crit levels. The grind was terrifying, but the effort was shown.

At any rate, I think I've said my peace. Let the epeening continue. :p

Just for you Shulk :phttp://www.torparse.com/a/739802/time/1407717971/1407718229/0/Overview

Onimikrayt - Sniper -Lethality (5/5/36) - 3885

Trying for 3900 this weekend just to beat shaym so I can feel some sense of accomplishment in life

Grats! Be my revenge and beat Shaym for me. :D Huehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

I'm honestly sad that there's not much competition in Marksmanship/Sharpshooter parsing. :(

My internet might be crazy but i cannot for the life of me on any device open that link Xeph. might have problems with it. it just won't load.

might just be me though.

EDIT: nvm Torparse is all turtle-like. Nice parse.

Edited by Joran-Koon

• 2 weeks later...