Five energy worth my time?

Yukonmiami

Currently one of, if not the best operative dps on my server. Can anyone tell me why its worth getting my fourth set bonus piece at the expense of another raid member getting theirs. I cant see why five energy would help me dps...Anyone do the math?

Currently one of, if not the best operative dps on my server. Can anyone tell me why its worth getting my fourth set bonus piece at the expense of another raid member getting theirs. I cant see why five energy would help me dps...Anyone do the math?

It doesn't. It's a really poorly designed 4 piece. There's no reason to not get it, I suppose, but it isn't going to make much of a difference to you. If someone else really needs it, let them have it IMO.

How is being "one of the best" relevant to the question? Also if you dont know what type of gear to get, you are not "one of the best" unless youre the only dps operative on yoru server.

Cute, but the one of part consists of being 8th in the world, so i assume first on my server.... Now knowing about the 4 set means i used it with my 72s back in the day, and it was useless... so im asking if its still useless :p

Edited by Yukonmiami

5 energy in the grant scheme of things is actually quite useful! Lacerate costs 15 energy minus (im going to use the new changes so bear with me) 8 from a Colatteral Strike, so from a full energy bar you would only be down to 98 energy if you had the set bonus and were at full energy from a Lacerate, Energy on concealment Ops is very coveted, i know that if i dont get enough RNG on Colatteral Strikes my energy takes a nosedive. if your playing Lethality, i would just get it as a side bonus, if your Crit is high enough you shouldnt need to worry about energy. It's just nice to have. the Shiv crit buff IMO isnt that great, i would much rather have 15% crit on Lacerate.

5 energy in the grant scheme of things is actually quite useful! Lacerate costs 15 energy minus (im going to use the new changes so bear with me) 8 from a Colatteral Strike, so from a full energy bar you would only be down to 98 energy if you had the set bonus and were at full energy from a Lacerate, Energy on concealment Ops is very coveted, i know that if i dont get enough RNG on Colatteral Strikes my energy takes a nosedive. if your playing Lethality, i would just get it as a side bonus, if your Crit is high enough you shouldnt need to worry about energy. It's just nice to have. the Shiv crit buff IMO isnt that great, i would much rather have 15% crit on Lacerate.

It's actually only ~2 extra energy at top regen. I believe it was Wainamoinen who did the math.

It's actually only ~2 extra energy at top regen. I believe it was Wainamoinen who did the math.

I was just throwing a rough example out there. 5 energy in the grand scheme of things is decent but not 100% needed. I would rather take a set bonus like this

2 Piece: Increases the damage on Lacerate and Colatteral Strike by 10%

4 Piece: Each time Lacerate, Backstab, or Hidden Strike are activated you are granted 2% Damage Reduction for 20 seconds, Stacks up to 3 times.

THAT would be a rocking SB for Concealment. Operatives should have 3 set bonuses IMO though, 2 isnt quite enough.

I was just throwing a rough example out there. 5 energy in the grand scheme of things is decent but not 100% needed. I would rather take a set bonus like this

2 Piece: Increases the damage on Lacerate and Colatteral Strike by 10%

4 Piece: Each time Lacerate, Backstab, or Hidden Strike are activated you are granted 2% Damage Reduction for 20 seconds, Stacks up to 3 times.

THAT would be a rocking SB for Concealment. Operatives should have 3 set bonuses IMO though, 2 isnt quite enough.

Or even just the old PVE thing where it gives you a 15% crit chance on backstab for the 4pc. That would be much better than 5 extra energy.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

Or even just the old PVE thing where it gives you a 15% crit chance on backstab for the 4pc. That would be much better than 5 extra energy.

Well, I don't think that with the new changes we will even need the 5 energy, right now, I have a few situations where if a fight runs longer than 5 minutes with no downtime, say the first boss in TFB, my energy tanks if I don't get enough Colatteral Strikes. So I think that 5 more energy could help. On a Sniper though, 5 Energy rocks, gives a max of 15 extra energy if you go for it, which is really nice because it makes Ambush nearly energy neutral.

This. Maybe it's changed now, but how it used to work...

You want to remain in top energy regen tier. This means above 60% energy.

If you have base 100 energy, that means above 60 energy.

However, if you add 5 energy to your base, then the 60% boundary is actually 63 energy. And 105 - 63 = 42

So adding 5 to your energy pool means you can use 42 energy instead of 40 while remaining in the top regen tier.

A massive 2 extra energy.

This was checked some time ago. It's possible it has changed to make the +5 energy actually worth 5 energy (say by locking the threshold at 60 energy), I haven't made sure it's the same. Feel free to record how many points energy regen you're getting ay 60-63 when wearing the 4-pc armour with the +5 energy bonus.

Edited by Wainamoinen

im going with the old pve 2 piece and the new 2 piece.

Now that's an idea, I've hung on to my old Tionese for just that reason. Might see what Bolster does with rubbish old Tionese armourings and PvE mods in the slots. Otherwise might have to resort to the medic 2pc for a Defence Screen buff (tears of laughter). Hmm hmm hmm.

Edited by Wainamoinen

Now that's an idea, I've hung on to my old Tionese for just that reason. Might see what Bolster does with rubbish old Tionese armourings and PvE mods in the slots. Otherwise might have to resort to the medic 2pc for a Defence Screen buff (tears of laughter). Hmm hmm hmm.

my operative still has the full enforcers (which is totally crap, as everybody know).... no intention to regrind the whole gear so. yeah

i run 2pc heals and 2pc slinger (for the extra flyby tick), which still if you don't wanna mix in pve gear seems the best option, at least until they nerf flyby for absolutely no reason. I guess i will have to see what i gonna do after 2.6 hits, but again no intention to regrind anything.

Cute, but the one of part consists of being 8th in the world, so i assume first on my server.... Now knowing about the 4 set means i used it with my 72s back in the day, and it was useless... so im asking if its still useless :p

Just out of curiosity... How does one measure being "8th in the world"?

I have seen DD doing massive ammount of DPS... but being unable to understand the most simple boss mechanic. I wouldn't rate them anywhere near best. So how does one get "8th in the world", if pure raw DPS just isn't all?

On the topic, the 5 energy does not seem reasonable to get on the healer set either. In total, the value of the 2 piece and 4 piece sets-bonus is grossly different from class to class (e.g. the 100 force bonus on the sage/sorc-healer set4 is a lot better than this 5 energy one).

...i run 2pc heals and 2pc slinger (for the extra flyby tick)....

They're not only nerfing Flyby, they're switching the 'slinger 2pc/4pc set bonuses. The 2pc will give you a buff to 'slinger abilities you don't have, you'd need to go to 4pc to get the extra tick on nerfed Flyby.

Translated = Field Tech / Professional gear totally useless for Scoundrels in 2.6.

Hence me wondering which is the least-hopeless set bonus to add to the 2pc Enforcer now the Flyby tick has gone.

Edited by Wainamoinen