S-12 Blackbolt Cosmetic Issue

Korithras

For those who don't know it by name, the S-12 Blackbolt is the default scout fighter you start off with on any given character Imperial side.

Anybody who has played the game would recognize this as the fighter that has small foils on the top of it's wings that deploy when it launches. For reference, go to the character creation screen for an Empire character. In the background of the hangar you're standing in, you'll see these fighters being moved into position, deploying the foils, then launching.

I'm just curious, why don't these fighters that we fly in starfighter games deploy the foils? They look rather silly without them deployed? Maybe fix it so that they do, possibly with certain component choice(s)?

For those who don't know it by name, the S-12 Blackbolt is the default scout fighter you start off with on any given character Imperial side.

Anybody who has played the game would recognize this as the fighter that has small foils on the top of it's wings that deploy when it launches. For reference, go to the character creation screen for an Empire character. In the background of the hangar you're standing in, you'll see these fighters being moved into position, deploying the foils, then launching.

I'm just curious, why don't these fighters that we fly in starfighter games deploy the foils? They look rather silly without them deployed? Maybe fix it so that they do, possibly with certain component choice(s)?

If you look at the republic scouts, the novadive and the flashfire, you will realize they are the same ship, only the novadive has the wings folded out.

If i had to guess, i'd say the same will be true for the imperial side. You will have the blackbolt with the foils closed, and another scout variant introduced at a later date with the foils extended.

If i had to guess, i'd say the same will be true for the imperial side. You will have the blackbolt with the foils closed, and another scout variant introduced at a later date with the foils extended.

No, the blackbolt is actually bugged, they've said. The engine can't support the wings opening and closing in flight, so they just left them closed.

personally, i reckon the Blackbolt is the coolest looking ship in GSF as it is.

Well in terms of the Imperial models I personally lean towards the S-13 Sting myself, it looks like a cross between a TIE Interceptor and Darth Vader's TIE Advanced.