Operative healers meanwhile game breaking

Cretinus

if your tank dies from 15-20k dmg from direct and transferred smshdmg sth else is horribly wrong.

Okay, so maybe the tank wouldn't die, but the full damage from 3 auto-crit shockwave smashes AND another half of that damage from the player he was guarding would leave the tank very close to death, and with him that close to death, all the 3 smashers would have to do would each to another attack or two and, no matter what the healer did, your tank is dead.

Okay, so maybe the tank wouldn't die, but the full damage from 3 auto-crit shockwave smashes AND another half of that damage from the player he was guarding would leave the tank very close to death, and with him that close to death, all the 3 smashers would have to do would each to another attack or two and, no matter what the healer did, your tank is dead.

What kind of tank is going to sit 5m range of the person he is guarding to take AOE dmg you really are bad.

The biggest issue I see is DPS not timing their burst and stuns. Get them to half health before unleashing your heaviest attacks, then stun them when they're within execute range. Yes it takes less skill to kill a sorc or mando but ops are still killable.

Sorry, but this is the truth. I'm not even talking about killing them, but even to keep them from healing you need twice as many players as their team has on that fight. Which means that on another node you'll have half the players needed. It's absurd and game breaking. And it's an insult to everybody playing a healer who's not an operative.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with operative healers atm pvp wise. If anything.. mercs/commando's could use a bit more defense and sorcs a more viable insta cast ability on a short cd. Aside from that, pvp in general boils down to a ltp issue. The problem facing a huge portion of the people that pug pvp boils down to more then just one or two issues.... just a few off the top of my head would be....

1) Never have or use stims/consumables < including bothing pvp defense adrenal and medpack one that can be used at the same time >

2) Tunnel Vision > completely ignore objectives or marked healers and attack the first thing that they see

3) Refuse to listen to people in warzones who are trying to coordinate things i.e Kill THE BULLSEYE, 2 peopel defend so and so node etc

4) Don't know how to play their class to it's full potential; yes this is a ltp issue. There are countless threads on the forums for every single class for both pve/pvp that lay out the best rotations for each spec, the stats you want.. everything and it's broken down extremely well. Reading any given post for 15 mins would do wonders for people

5) I can't count the number of people I see rolling into warzones with absolutely no pvp gear what so ever. Getting a full set of conq takes maybe 2 weeks tops playing casually. Rolling around in 72's/pve gear... yeah expect to get rolled and never be able to touch any healer that is in full pvp gear

6) Simple pvp mechanics that tie in with a lot of the above on how to split tanks/healers apart... timing burst abilities for when healers are low on health, focus fire etc

7) One that's helped myself quite a bit in dealing with other classes is actually playing other classes so I know what to expect from them and what abilities to look out for to interupt/stun etc... it helps tremendously in dealing with particular classes that some might consider a bane to their class

Add all these up and countless more and you get the end result that you see in 95% of warzones unless they are premade vs premade... 1 or 2 people with 500k+ dmg and the other 4-5 dps all between 100-150k. If the other 4-5 dps upped their game.. did some research... fixed even a few of the above eg's they could easily be up in the 500k range and add up another 2 mill dmg on the boards = dead healers over and over regardless of class.

I've played all the healing classes.. few dps and all classes have their strengths and weaknesses. Op's are not hard to kill at all if you know what you're doing and one good dps can destroy an operative solo. Bottom line, before people start to que que about so and so classes being op'd, they need to take it upon themselves to fix their own issues. Until I see matches where every single dps is at the 500k+ mark and one healer wether it be a operative/sorc/merc doesn't die at all, the fault lies on the people behind the keyboard, not Bioware.

You want some tips on how to lock down a op.. keep them snared for 1... then they can't use their roll to go anywhere but a foot in front of them, dps them down to just above 30% then drop all your burst and they'll have no time to react, it only takes one good dps to lock down an op and if 2-3 can't do it.. you're the problem.. not the person playing the op.

1) Never have or use stims/consumables < including bothing pvp defense adrenal and medpack one that can be used at the same time >

2) Tunnel Vision > completely ignore objectives or marked healers and attack the first thing that they see

3) Refuse to listen to people in warzones who are trying to coordinate things i.e Kill THE BULLSEYE, 2 peopel defend so and so node etc

4) Don't know how to play their class to it's full potential; yes this is a ltp issue. There are countless threads on the forums for every single class for both pve/pvp that lay out the best rotations for each spec, the stats you want.. everything and it's broken down extremely well. Reading any given post for 15 mins would do wonders for people

5) I can't count the number of people I see rolling into warzones with absolutely no pvp gear what so ever. Getting a full set of conq takes maybe 2 weeks tops playing casually. Rolling around in 72's/pve gear... yeah expect to get rolled and never be able to touch any healer that is in full pvp gear

6) Simple pvp mechanics that tie in with a lot of the above on how to split tanks/healers apart... timing burst abilities for when healers are low on health, focus fire etc

7) One that's helped myself quite a bit in dealing with other classes is actually playing other classes so I know what to expect from them and what abilities to look out for to interupt/stun etc... it helps tremendously in dealing with particular classes that some might consider a bane to their class

Bad play plagues all classes so is a very poor explanation for the difference in effectiveness BETWEEN classes. Op healers are vastly superior to the 2 other healer classes right now and some balancing needs to occur.

What kind of tank is going to sit 5m range of the person he is guarding to take AOE dmg you really are bad.

a tank with a nerfed guardrange to 5m - ffs read the whole thread and not only a few lines :/

Assuming 8k smashes, 3 smashes on the healer+tank will cause the tank to take 36k damage.

8k + 8k + 8k + 4k + 4k + 4k = 36k.

A tank with mitigation isn't taking 36k from smashes. Not through guard even with 3 smashers.

thats the point, i´ve never recieved more than 5k by a smash on my tanks(vanguard , guardian, shadow[lastone using a mitigation spec to be usefull as a tank in pvp]), transferred dmg as well runs through the tanks mitigation since 2.0 and you are down to 15k-20k all incl. add taunt aswell and the recieved ammounts of dmg are reduced once more.

not to mention that one of your teams efforts is to seperate the DD´s to lessen the amount of burst your team recieves simultanious.

Edited by Tankqull

Another thing I notice is too many people pass over healer killing specs like carnage mara, arsenal merc, and pyro powertech in favor of classes that put up shinier numbers like smash or AP tank, yet don't put enough pressure on op healers to be enough of a threat.

Bad play plagues all classes so is a very poor explanation for the difference in effectiveness BETWEEN classes. Op healers are vastly superior to the 2 other healer classes right now and some balancing needs to occur.

Yes bad play does, that I won't dispute. What I also won't dispute is good sorcs can put up just as high if not higher healing numbers then operatives. A lot of the pvp guilds on our server run sorcs in them and are extremely effective. I guess they must be doing something wrong if they still compete just as easily as the others. I also won't say op's aren't higher then the other two.. but not by much except maybe merc/commando. Vastly though, far from it.

Yes bad play does, that I won't dispute. What I also won't dispute is good sorcs can put up just as high if not higher healing numbers then operatives. A lot of the pvp guilds on our server run sorcs in them and are extremely effective. I guess they must be doing something wrong if they still compete just as easily as the others. I also won't say op's aren't higher then the other two.. but not by much except maybe merc/commando. Vastly though, far from it.

In an 8v8 warzone, and when the sorc is left relatively alone then yes a sorc can put up comparable numbers. But against good teams who focus or even moderately harass, those numbers are going to drop quick. You simply can't stand still and cast in this game against decent opponents with the amount of stuns, interrupts, and knockbacks there are. In arena, this isn't even a conversation and an op is far superior.