Healthy Sign

Einobi

Wow. I see a tsunami of Dev posts in the forums. Tsunami is probably an understatement by past standards. Its a great sign. More info forecoming, More player engagement. More LISTENING (or at least pretend that you are listening.)

If all these rants have driven them out of their desk cubicles to engage the players more. Its all worth it. But I think they have to quickly ramp up their game. You wouldn't survive the competition ahead at current pace. EA current strategy is to acquire up-coming good gaming companies in its fold to stay afloat. But this cannot be sustained. When the next good gaming companies refuse to be acquired, EA will face stiff competition.

As long as the Dev speaks more, I will speak less. Over to you Devs. I hope to retire from this forum. Peace.

Wow. I see a tsunami of Dev posts in the forums. Tsunami is probably an understatement by past standards. Its a great sign. More info forecoming, More player engagement. More LISTENING (or at least pretend that you are listening.)

If all these rants have driven them out of their desk cubicles to engage the players more. Its all worth it. But I think they have to quickly ramp up their game. You wouldn't survive the competition ahead at current pace. EA current strategy is to acquire up-coming good gaming companies in its fold to stay afloat. But this cannot be sustained. When the next good gaming companies refuse to be acquired, EA will face stiff competition.

As long as the Dev speaks more, I will speak less. Over to you Devs. I hope to retire from this forum. Peace.

Personally, I loved it when EA tried to do a hostile takeover of Take-Two Games so they could get Rockstar: http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/17/rockstar-is-the-key-as-ea-gets-hostile-in-takeover-bid/. And got knocked flat on their asses when it was all over.

More devs/publishers take stands like Take-Two did, and EA will have a much shorter lifespan to look forward to. Unfortunately, the gaming world is full of people like Biowares' Dr's, so that's unlikely to happen soon.

Edited by Zorvan

Yeah, there's more dev posts now BECAUSE THEY ARE BACK FROM THEIR HOLIDAYS. Which is what we all tried to tell you and others who were complaining about the lack of info.

It's not because of your rants, it's what they were going to do anyway, but you and others were too busy being outraged that no one was working on Christmas Day.

Now, I know that you who have been on this crusade for a few weeks now about getting more info and all that would like to think that this is all because of your incessant whining and nagging.

But the truth is simple. They are back from their holidays and it's a new year.

The info was gonna come whether or not you made a fuss on the forums.

But you just couldn't wait for a few weeks, you just had to condemn the game as dead because the devs took the holidays off.

Now, I know that you who have been on this crusade for a few weeks now about getting more info and all that would like to think that this is all because of your incessant whining and nagging.

But the truth is simple. They are back from their holidays and it's a new year.

The info was gonna come whether or not you made a fuss on the forums.

But you just couldn't wait for a few weeks, you just had to condemn the game as dead because the devs took the holidays off.

Small kid cries when mommy is not around. It is good for small kid to cry otherwise daddy think mommy is not important.

Yeah, there's more dev posts now BECAUSE THEY ARE BACK FROM THEIR HOLIDAYS. Which is what we all tried to tell you and others who were complaining about the lack of info.

It's not because of your rants, it's what they were going to do anyway, but you and others were too busy being outraged that no one was working on Christmas Day.

ahah, ya I liked that part of OPs post the most. "Looks like I can almost retire from my much needed position in these forums". Like he's doing some great duty for all of us.

OP thanks SO much for ensuring that the Devs continue to communicate with us, you know, cuz they aren't paid to do that or anything...

Edit: In regards to ESO. I've only seen declarations that ESO will kill TOR, or people saying that the ESO beta is terribad. I'm guessing the former are people who are fear mongers, and the later are people who are informed on ESO's progress. I make these assumptions because of content of the posts I am referring to.

Edit 2:

Small kid cries when mommy is not around. It is good for small kid to cry otherwise daddy think mommy is not important.

... wha?

Edited by VulgarMercurius

And next week's post will be "ZOMG DEVZ NEVER POAST ON TEH FORUMS WE WANT COMMUNCATION!!!111" even though there will be something like exactly 2 fewer posts than there were this week.

I never understood the complete lack of common sense on this. Nothing ever gets done the last two weeks of a year because of the holidays, but for some reason ignorance wins out over common sense because every year the forums fill up with "lack of communication" threads during that time period.

Quick rule of thumb for people not smart enough to figure it out on their own...if YOU are on a holiday break, the DEV'S are on a holiday break.

I never understood the complete lack of common sense on this. Nothing ever gets done the last two weeks of a year because of the holidays, but for some reason ignorance wins out over common sense because every year the forums fill up with "lack of communication" threads during that time period.

Quick rule of thumb for people not smart enough to figure it out on their own...if YOU are on a holiday break, the DEV'S are on a holiday break.

Indeed. :)

for some reason ignorance wins out over common sense

A phenomena by no means limited to gaming forums. Though I admit, gaming forums do attract pro-experts in application of said phenomena. :p Happily, there is enough common sense in this forum to over come this in via forum through discussion the threads. :)

Fact is.. this "healthy sign" comes regardless of any complaining about information flow on the forum. It's part of their ongoing business process, where there are time of great information activity and quiet times as well. It's just that the coincidence makes some feel somehow more empowered as they attack phantom windmills on phantom horses with phantom spears. Yes folks self appointed Don Quixotes of the world are alive and well on the internetz. :)

On a less tongue in cheek note..... clearly things are revving up early in SWTOR in 2014. But I'm sure never fast enough for some, nor in the proper track either.

Edited by Andryah