Here you go PvPers.

Reno_Tarshil

I can't think of a single "semi-serious" PvP'er that would want to queue for GSF at the same time as warzones. It would be better if they separated Arena from normals, I can think of a ton of people who would want that. And people don't even have to dislike Arena to be in favor of that separation, they just have to be against total BS games like 4 healers VS 4 dps.

And bring back the damn re-spec. Instead of having turtle games in one warzone we now have BS imbalance in EVERY warzone and with no way of "damage controling" it on our own. Nor are we able to level as one spec and play as another in warzones. I bet I'm not the only one who never heals anymore due to the fact that I refuse to do dailes as healer. So we're basically even more stuck on the fleet if we want to PvP on specs that arent as funny to solo PvE on.

Edited by MidichIorian

I can't think of a single "semi-serious" PvP'er that would want to queue for GSF at the same time as warzones. It would be better if they separated Arena from normals, I can think of a ton of people who would want that. And people don't even have to dislike Arena to be in favor of that separation, they just have to be against total BS games like 4 healers VS 4 dps.

And bring back the damn re-spec. Instead of having turtle games in one warzone we now have BS imbalance in EVERY warzone and with no way of "damage controling" it on our own. Nor are we able to level as one spec and play as another in warzones. I bet I'm not the only one who never heals anymore due to the fact that I refuse to do dailes as healer. So we're basically even more stuck on the fleet if we want to PvP on specs that arent as funny to solo PvE on.

for 200k you can buy field re-spec and it's free to respec as a sub, so what is the issue?

No it isn't.

Are you a player? Yes. When (if) you play GSF, do you fight, compete against, and kill other players? Yes. Is a Player fighting other Players PvP or not?

I can understand if people don't like GSF, or prefer ground PvP to Space PvP, but please. Don't pretend that GSF is not PvP. It is PvP through and through, your like/dislike of it is an entirely different story.

Edited by EzioMessi

for 200k you can buy field re-spec and it's free to respec as a sub, so what is the issue?

I don't think you quite understood his grievance. We're not *allowed* to respec anymore while in warzone queue. So if we want to heal in a warzone, we either have to wait on fleet and do nothing at all, because any other solo content we do (like dailies) is a pain in the *** with heals spec. And if we choose not to heal, and instead DPS so we can do the dailies, we screw over a lot of teammates in the wzs.

This dilemma is common for me on my Sage too. He's still busy clearning out the class quests, which is a pain in the *** in heals spec. And when I premade my teammates always want me to heal.

Are you a player? Yes. When (if) you play GSF, do you fight, compete against, and kill other players? Yes. Is a Player fighting other Players PvP or not?

I can understand if people don't like GSF, or prefer ground PvP to Space PvP, but please. Don't pretend that GSF is not PvP. It is PvP through and through, your like/dislike of it is an entirely different story.

It isn't player versus player, it is ship versus ship. You may know your class inside out and it doesn't help you a bit with GSF. GSF is a poor mans vehicle based FPS. If I want that kind of action I'll play some other game.

I don't think you quite understood his grievance. We're not *allowed* to respec anymore while in warzone queue. So if we want to heal in a warzone, we either have to wait on fleet and do nothing at all, because any other solo content we do (like dailies) is a pain in the *** with heals spec. And if we choose not to heal, and instead DPS so we can do the dailies, we screw over a lot of teammates in the wzs.

This dilemma is common for me on my Sage too. He's still busy clearning out the class quests, which is a pain in the *** in heals spec. And when I premade my teammates always want me to heal.

It is even worse, if you are leveling and gain a level while in queue for a WZ you'll have to leave queue before you can even assign the new talent point.

It isn't player versus player, it is ship versus ship. You may know your class inside out and it doesn't help you a bit with GSF. GSF is a poor mans vehicle based FPS. If I want that kind of action I'll play some other game.

You might. But I (and most likely, many others) won't. This is a Star Wars game, and I have seen many, many posts emphasizing that the "war" part is missing or lacking (usually these posts support development of more OWPvP).

What I found even more lacking than the Wars part was the "Star". We had some terrible on-rails space missions. Now we finally have some real Space Combat, which is something many, many people wanted (judging by the queue times at least).

In any case, I have nothing against people requesting that the focus on GSF does not kill off ground PvP. But please, don't say that GSF should not be there at all and what not (which is the attitude that a lot of posters, not specifically you, but a lot of posters) have taken against GSF. Don't like it, don't queue for it. Don't say it's not PvP or "poor man's FPS" or whatnot to justify not liking it.

Eric in a thread on the general forums said that in 2.6 they're hoping to have the ability queue for wz's and gsf.

Oh and you guys got a Yellow post. Please don't abuse it, for it may lead to future yellow posts.

You can already que for WZ and gsf all you do is que WZ first then Gsf but if what eric ment was normal pvp or space pvp would pop it can only be a good thing

I don't even know why respecs and talent spending is locked when you queue unranked. There's no match-making in unranked arenas anyway. It'd be a lot less obnoxious if talent trees were locked only when you queued up for something which used talent trees in actual match-making.

Oh and you guys got a Yellow post. Please don't abuse it, for it may lead to future yellow posts.

If negative feedback and internet snark is enough to discourage you from engaging with your community, you're probably not doing a good job as an MMO dev or community manager.

If negative feedback and internet snark is enough to discourage you from engaging with your community, you're probably not doing a good job as an MMO dev or community manager.

The past 2 years are what they are and clearly they avoid this section of the forums. Run off the new guy like the rest...good plan.

There is a difference between giving negative feedback and biting the hand that feeds you. Feeding you in this case is finally getting a response people asked for and then acting hostile and unappreciative (biting hand) causing even more reason for a yellow post not to visit here.

There is a difference between giving negative feedback and biting the hand that feeds you. Feeding you in this case is finally getting a response people asked for and then acting hostile and unappreciative (biting hand) causing even more reason for a yellow post not to visit here.

Yeah well don't feed a dog for a few months and he'll die. Don't feed a metaphorical dog for a few months and he will metaphorically bite you when you finally feed him.