Best in pvp for each class?

Prapcaster

I never knew Warrior Class was Hardcore when did that happen? Because obviously you guys have it so hard with all the nerfs and lack of any burst, defensive cooldowns are terrible aren't they? You must have it really rough Deni.....not. your Easy Mode not Hardcore.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well maybe I'm more or less talking about an issue more or less meant towards Elite PVP like Zulu said. But if you think that the "elite" scene doesn't matter, then I really do encourage you regstars to keep whooping up on those 8v8s.

This game is geared towards casuals, yeah, which sucks. I guess there will always be better games that this for Hardcore players.:p

thanks bro... totally don't sound like a douchebag at all.

thanks bro... totally don't sound like a douchebag at all.

Bastion grows on you I guess.

@Dashara, I mailed vigilance till it was nerfed into the ground. I never played smash in ranked, I was always carnage. I commando healed for the longest time, and I myself played a sage DPS. I played Balance against mvp in 4s. And won. They're not bad at all right now. :eek:

Edited by JamesBalla

@Dashara, I mailed vigilance till it was nerfed into the ground. I never played smash in ranked, I was always carnage. I commando healed for the longest time, and I myself played a sage DPS. I played Balance against mvp in 4s. And won. They're not bad at all right now. :eek:

Sounds more like a ego trip to me...The bastion just has a higher quantity of dbags. Talking like elite competition is the only thing that counts is just stupid...This is a video game right?

Eh, either way mallo, one can't really argue that the pvp scene as a whole is healthier than it was when we were all back on BC. We don't really have the metrics for PVE since the group finder for that one has never worked particularly well unless you gathered most of a group to begin with before queing up. I simply haven't seen fleet reach 3 instances since immediately after 2.0 and ive been on at all hours. It's hard to argue a growing populace when BC is one of the higher pop servers and it doesn't reach 3 fleets.

Is it dying...meh, not til someone else wants to make a star wars game. Is it going to slowly lose people as new games come out? yeah probably, that's been the case for every MMO, lots of people leave, some people come back.

The most important thing is "is it possible to have fun" If you're looking for competitive pvp...that's a shaky proposition. It's hard to argue that the pvp scene everywhere has somehow gotten better since transfers. I'm crapping the bed compared to where I used to be at 200k to 600k damage a map (depending on how quickly my teammates get ripped through leaving me the only person at a node) and still ending up in the top 3 on my team.

MVP's JV team or their top team? i'd have to see it to believe it. I've never played with a good tank and healer combo in fours that would take a sorc over another class for good reason the class has the weakest Armor defenses in the game if you won it was because you had a great Guard and Healer It's not in a good place you just beat a lesser team with three great players and yourself. Balance/Madness isn't horrible but it's not great either I'm sure had you played Carnage you would have won most likely much easier than with a DPS Sage/Sorc..

All you have to do is look at the talents your greatest talent is 30% reduction while stunned other than that you have a passive 2% damage reduction and light armor so either your getting above average heals and guard or they left you alone. Sorc/sage is the easiest to shut down and pressure as they take more damage than any other class so if your guarding one because they are so soft your guard and healer work that much harder to keep you alive.

Simular situations happened in wow where 2800 rated players took classes that had no buisness being in arena and could beat 1800-2k rated teams all day. they would never do that if their 2800 rating depended on ti but they would do it to say look at me I can win with a lesser class with less gear .

Cross Server is a need.

Sounds more like a ego trip to me...The bastion just has a higher quantity of dbags. Talking like elite competition is the only thing that counts is just stupid...This is a video game right?

Ofc it's a video game, if I can't talk passionately about it then I don't know anyone can.

@Dash I was running with tara on his sage. MVP doesn't have a JV team. It's basically all scold/jonie/Purerage/teacher.

way I see it is there a plenty of good players ready for ranked, and to get involved. but finding others that you have enough synergy with to put up competition becomes a problems. The best arena teams have the best communication this is just a simple fact. That they work best together, working with their composition and acknowledging the opponents composition to proceed with the best plan available and pursue it as best to perfection as you can. the more in sync you are with you're team mates the more flexible you are to sudden changes in the battle field which in ranked arenas nothing is steady. no matter how great of a player you are if you queue up with 3 random guys that you've never played with before thus making it hard to establish communication with out having to explain everything because they wont know the way you work which slows the team down. its not the best player its the guild or group that works best together and of course if they are all derps then they aren't gonna work all that well together.

way I see it is there a plenty of good players ready for ranked, and to get involved. but finding others that you have enough synergy with to put up competition becomes a problems. The best arena teams have the best communication this is just a simple fact. That they work best together, working with their composition and acknowledging the opponents composition to proceed with the best plan available and pursue it as best to perfection as you can. the more in sync you are with you're team mates the more flexible you are to sudden changes in the battle field which in ranked arenas nothing is steady. no matter how great of a player you are if you queue up with 3 random guys that you've never played with before thus making it hard to establish communication with out having to explain everything because they wont know the way you work which slows the team down. its not the best player its the guild or group that works best together and of course if they are all derps then they aren't gonna work all that well together.

That is the problem, if teams lose consistently they look for someone to blame. And sure enough the team gives up and blames it on the FotM classes they are facing. It takes time to build a rapport with your teammates and you gotta stick with them in the dark times to get to the good times :D

Some players will always be bad, because of their ignorance.

Some players are bad but give them time and experience they will grow into little Ramikades.

MVP's JV team or their top team? i'd have to see it to believe it. I've never played with a good tank and healer combo in fours that would take a sorc over another class for good reason the class has the weakest Armor defenses in the game if you won it was because you had a great Guard and Healer It's not in a good place you just beat a lesser team with three great players and yourself. Balance/Madness isn't horrible but it's not great either I'm sure had you played Carnage you would have won most likely much easier than with a DPS Sage/Sorc..

All you have to do is look at the talents your greatest talent is 30% reduction while stunned other than that you have a passive 2% damage reduction and light armor so either your getting above average heals and guard or they left you alone. Sorc/sage is the easiest to shut down and pressure as they take more damage than any other class so if your guarding one because they are so soft your guard and healer work that much harder to keep you alive.

Simular situations happened in wow where 2800 rated players took classes that had no buisness being in arena and could beat 1800-2k rated teams all day. they would never do that if their 2800 rating depended on ti but they would do it to say look at me I can win with a lesser class with less gear .

Cross Server is a need.

This is a link to the match in question (i think)

Jballa is good. Tara is good. DP is good. Just because you're blinded by prejudice doesn't take away from his player skill. Like him or not, he was obviously good enough to get into one of, if not the best team in NA. (in 8's or 4's).

It just amazes me how someone who has little to no 4v4 experience against these teams, is going to talk smack about those who do. qeue up against DP, or please just stop talking **** on their members. You're accomplishing nothing at this point, except making yourself look like an idiot.

Edited by NvrShoutNvr

That is the problem, if teams lose consistently they look for someone to blame. And sure enough the team gives up and blames it on the FotM classes they are facing. It takes time to build a rapport with your teammates and you gotta stick with them in the dark times to get to the good times :D

Some players will always be bad, because of their ignorance.

Some players are bad but give them time and experience they will grow into little Ramikades.

I agree with you I try my best not to be ignorant and take criticism well when im proven wrong its a learning process and well frankly I just like wz's and I like ranked I really do so im willing to play it but when you are with a team when they get down you automatically get down with them negativity has an environmental effect so the learning process slows down but people gets there its all a point of getting your *** whooped into shape to catch up to the other groups and that's what everyone does (that's what ITK and please lets not have another one of those threads they are just an example) its a different play style and you gotta take time to learn it when I came bastion whe had some rough times and some fun times right off the bat (general chat is idiotic if you are into the social aspect of servers this is not your home) but you get stomped seeing new tactics and working with different people. its a whole new community and it takes time to conform but you learn a lot from them

Ofc it's a video game, if I can't talk passionately about it then I don't know anyone can.

@Dash I was running with tara on his sage. MVP doesn't have a JV team. It's basically all scold/jonie/Purerage/teacher.

Talking passionately about a game you like is one thing... acting like your a god is another..

Can someone explain "Jeep" to a server newb, such as myself.

Also who is the best Sorc/Sage dps and Sniper/Gunslinger still playing?

Jeep is a pub player who warzones regularly but is kind of bad at it. He's not all that much worse than a lot of people in WZ, he's just well known because pubs don't really have a whole lot of regular warzone players compared to imps.

AFAIK he's not the kind of player who rages while being bad, i'm not sure why people are constantly on about him. It's kind of a dick thing to do.

Best Sorc/Sage I've seen would be Shinkirou or Akarda. The best Sniper/Gunslinger on the server is Miamore. One of the few classes where I could say one player is clearly at the top.

Ok.. I've seen Shinkirou. From Grim Determination I think? Definitely good. I figured he'd be good comp. Haven't seen Miamore (or any other sniper beating mine in damage yet). Nice to know who to measure myself against.

Ok.. I've seen Shinkirou. From Grim Determination I think? Definitely good. I figured he'd be good comp. Haven't seen Miamore (or any other sniper beating mine in damage yet). Nice to know who to measure myself against.

Akarda and Miamore are APAC players, which is why you may not have come across them yet. They usually queue during off-peak hours, unless it's the weekend in which case you might bump into them. Damage doesn't represent skill, but you should probably know that if you're an experienced PvPer.

Jeep is a pub player who warzones regularly but is kind of bad at it. He's not all that much worse than a lot of people in WZ, he's just well known because pubs don't really have a whole lot of regular warzone players compared to imps.

AFAIK he's not the kind of player who rages while being bad, i'm not sure why people are constantly on about him. It's kind of a dick thing to do.

The guy was like 60, we arent being ***** to him we are giving the respect he deserves. He tried his hardest and he deserves credit for that. Most people actually say jeep was the best because he was nice and nice people get praise even when they do not deserve it. Which I myself still believe he deserves it.

The guy was like 60, we arent being ***** to him we are giving the respect he deserves. He tried his hardest and he deserves credit for that. Most people actually say jeep was the best because he was nice and nice people get praise even when they do not deserve it. Which I myself still believe he deserves it.

jeep was an old fellow. but he kindve was the perfect example of the learning curve of this game. he was an elite warlord and still at the lower end of skill he just simply learned slower than others some people come to their peak slower than others. he kept at it playing the game getting stomped he never complained or talked trash. he was a super cool guy and he learned became a pretty decent pug to have on your team over time. he was never a fearsome force or an amazing player but in his defense he never got any help or advice he learned everything on his own. from being a bad to a very decent pug he did it all independently by sticking with wz's and not caring just playing his game he got better. I give him respect and yeah I joke about the name like everyone else he was a likeable guy everyone knew who he was funny as it is even not being the best his effort and experience went noticed.

The game is dying. Get over it. Don't be a fanboy here. I love star wars to death but to sit here and tell us that the game is actually growing is incredibly naive. The PVP player base is basically gone. The PVE player base will follow suit over the next couple of months. Don't you find it funny how every single bit of content released to date has been designed and thought off by the original dev team. What is next? EA obviously isn't investing in this game anymore so what is next? It is a simple milking strat now.

The only servers that are somewhat strong are the PVE servers and to my knowledge there are 2 that actually have a population. The PVP servers consist of a total of 10 teams between both servers? It is something as grim as that. I really do wish this game produced more content and was more true to the players but it really isn't. It busted.

I'm sorry...you have not one clue of what your even typing.

Paz for best Sentinel. And double points for not jumping on the lolsmash train.

Mydian for best Sage DPS. Because, I am the greatest, and **** you that's why.

Only other players who've particularly stuck out to me are Ursh (Scoundrel heals) and Flux (Guardian tank) who are both of a calibur that clearly transcends the rest of the scrubs on this server.

#shotsfired