Class story mission achievements and some others are not granted retroactively

FREIMENSCH

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanted to chime in with same issue, hoping for a BW response.

The in-game FAQ says all missions, Flashpoints, and Operations will be reward retroactively

Minus weird stuff like Jarg Sorn SM, HM, NiM and getting my Consular Balmorra achievement despite not having done it.

• 2 weeks later...

It is now patch 2.10.2 and this still hasn't been fixed, and almost a year has passed. This is ridiculous to say the least. They have time to create dozens of items for sale in the CM but they can't fix this?

Opening a ticket in game is absolutely pointless, it's like no one ever reads them.

By the time they actually fix this we might as well level another toon altogether.

Edited by Shefu

There are a lot of people returning to SWTOR with the new expansion and the x12 xp boost. It's way past time to get this fixed. Even with the x12 xp no one is going to want to re-roll their main to earn achievements and titles they have already completed.

It is my understanding that there was a system in place to take care of this when the achievement system was first introduced but did not work correctly. Fix it. It's not rocket science to check a character db table to discern progression and walk a tree backwards to apply a few tags in a characters table. Any competent programmer could knock out this code in a few hours or less and testing between now and the next patch.

Lastly, it would also be nice to have a Dev finally weigh in on this issue and let the community know what the hold up is, that they are working on it... or if such is the case .... fluff off and find another game. :confused:

This is a HUGE problem that has been ignored for way too long. I have a 55 Bounty Hunter everything done yet the Chapter 1, 2 and 3 achievements are not completed. This robs me of 60 free cartel coins and mostly because of this I cannot unlock the class circular sign and get the Imperial Diehard title! :mad:

• 3 months later...

I'm having the same issue, opened a CS ticket and was told to file a bug report.

Thing is, I have two legacies on two different servers. On one, all class quest, exploration, codex, and datacron achievements were granted retroactively, on the other, they were not. This shows that the capacity to detect eligibility to all these things exists, but I suspect it may be only run once per account.

Bioware needs to fix this to run per server, or at least give their CS staff a script they can run to reset the 'check for acheivements' code.

Necro'd cause this bug is the shambling undead!

Edited by gulegule

Yeah, hoped for the best, but nothing.

It's weird to have multiple high lvl characters with no achievements at all - story, lore objects, datacrons.

All my accomplishments are nothing. :jawa_evil:

Only solution I see - level same classes again :jawa_mad: But it makes no sense at all.

I'm as much in the same boat as you are vis-a-vis my past newbie planet toons, and I just returned to the game last month. It's still pretty much a nagging itch on my legacy/achievement listing that nobody wants to scratch, more's the farking pity.

• 3 weeks later...
Just adding in my "me too" for this. I only have characters on one server, though I was of course merged onto a server with other folks at some point during my two year absence, and only the one Legacy. Being a completionist, this is driving me a little crazy.

Same problem here. I came back to the game after not playing for a long time and am missing tons of achievements that I should have according to my codex. CS told me to submit a bug report which I did like a month ago, but I'm pretty doubtful it will ever get fixed :( Edited by Anakiim

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a number of level 60 characters and have not apparently been to Tython, Ord Mantel or Drummond Kass I have not collected any Datacrons or visited any locations on any planets except level 55+ ones. My entire achievement log is broken from top to bottom, i have no access to certain titles or Cartel Coin rewards as i cannot complete an achievement i have already completed.

My codex is full of places i have been, Bosses i have killed, datacrons i have collected, people i have met, so the information is their to be seen on my account.

When is this going to be fixed, I have been told that this is now a year long bug that gets no attention while subscribers like myself have incomplete stats that they cannot do anything about, titles that they cannot access even though the content is complete, and cartel coin rewards as well. Or is somebody going to suggest i re level my Legacy to 50, which i cant do ???

Maybe the devs should contact Turbine (LOTRO) as they have no issue with things like this and a quest log that holds every single quest a player has ever completed.

Edited by Nippon

• 2 weeks later...

Ugh, yea same boat here. I returned to game about 4 months ago, but recently started going through all my achievements and noticed I somehow have "not completed" early class quests with any of my characters that I had prior to returning.

I did notice that if there was a lore object that I had gotten before but didn't get credit for, I could just a different toon to updated that lore object, so I'd assume if I made another BH I could get that updated. But why should I have to do that?

I like the over 1 year response time on this.....ugh.

I cant believe they are thinking about launching an Expansion with this still broken, get a load of players back and have them see that they still dont have simple stuff in order, 3 years this game is running and year long bugs like this still exist. Pathetic tbh.

Ugh, yea same boat here. I returned to game about 4 months ago, but recently started going through all my achievements and noticed I somehow have "not completed" early class quests with any of my characters that I had prior to returning.

I did notice that if there was a lore object that I had gotten before but didn't get credit for, I could just a different toon to updated that lore object, so I'd assume if I made another BH I could get that updated. But why should I have to do that?

I like the over 1 year response time on this.....ugh.

Exactly you paid your sub, you leveled your characters, you have only got so many slots, this is a massive issue as hundreds of players are missing out on quest achievements, legacy achievements, this list goes on and on, its not even a hard fix, my mate is a coder and says any semi reasonable coder could solve this issue, especially s there is a codex log on all characters.. Its lazy and pathetic, all they care about is the Cartel Market and pumping resources into that. They will get no player stay after the expansion because a bug like this is game breaking for completionists .

• 2 weeks later...

The really bad thing about this is, that some of the "old stuff" can be pretty hard to achieve now. Old raids in nightmare, old storylines and the fleet datacron. Most of these achievements we made as guild progress - as we had a good guild running. Now we have three people returning to the game and none has the storyline achievements (with two or more of this class on 50+)

"Completed all story missions for the Sith Inquisitor on Dromund Kaas. 0/1"

Yeah, right, thats why I have two of those on 55+

• 2 weeks later...

5-6 Weeks until the Expansion is launched and this is a major bug that is still not fixed....~If it was anything to do with CC, it would be done in days.

Its a shame Gaming companies don't feel that broken products that people are paying for are important, or that they should be fixed, maybe il exercise my consumer rights as the product i pay a subscription for is not meeting the standards as advertised. Lets be fair i don't recall seeing anywhere in there showcasing of KOTFE, "Great Expansion coming, get to lvl 65, ow btw we have a ton of year old bugs and any returning players will have to suffer through them".

:mad:

Ridiculous

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping again as 4.0 is bringing changes to Legacy while a lot of us are still in the dark as to our problem being fixed, or will 4.0 fix it...

If not then what is being done to fix it.

My current un-updated list includes:

All Republic Character Story achievements

All Planets and locations i have visited

All Planet Story missions

All Persons of Note

All my datacrons

50 % of my vehicles

Quests on planets i have completed

FP Bosses (I have codex kills for these)

OP Bosses (I have codex kills for these)

Epic Story Bosses only obtainable in story missions that ive completed and not been granted

And to top it off a Rough guess of over 1000 cc I am entitled to due to these unobtainable achievements.

For the record I am not re rolling all these characters ( 6 in total affected, 4 Rep, 2 Imp) as i dont have the space even if i wanted to.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.