Petition to make the final boss the weekly boss

DeltaBos

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop catering to the kids who think Operations are too difficult and the badies who don't want to put forth the effort to finish Ops. Help us real raiders who actually care about finishing what we started.

/signed

Real raiders have a Ops Group that runs every week.

Just Saying

Edited by JMagee

Correct. And if the final boss of an Operation is the Weekly Boss, people will have motivation to learn the fights, and they'll get better at them, and won't spend 3+ hours figuring them out.

But it may take 6 hours the first time they attempt it, which will see them drop it anyway so what is the point?

Wow 3+ hours to complete a weekly?

That is insane. :eek:

Just arbitrary number emphasizing time required with a random pug. Actual time varies but it can be very long considering all discussions and explanations plus breaks and such. You got the point.

Edited by ELRunninW

But it may take 6 hours the first time they attempt it, which will see them drop it anyway so what is the point?

You just said First time. People will probably get frustrated for a bit if this is implemented, but it won't take long for people to get used to the fights. When players were first attempting Explosive Conflict, it probably took a good few hours to clear, now a pug group could clear EC in an hour or two. People got used to the fights.

You just said First time. People will probably get frustrated for a bit if this is implemented, but it won't take long for people to get used to the fights. When players were first attempting Explosive Conflict, it probably took a good few hours to clear, now a pug group could clear EC in an hour or two. People got used to the fights.

Perhaps this is true, but when it is implemented you are guaranteed to see DeltaBos2 complain about exact opposite, in the same forums. So why bother?

Edited by ELRunninW

Perhaps this is true, but when it is implemented you are guaranteed to see DeltaBos2 complain about exact opposite, in the same forums. So why bother?

You're still getting more comms out of it. You're getting gear slightly faster, picking up on the fights won't take long, so the way I see it, it's a win win. I understand that you feel people would be hostile to this initially, but I think it would be very easy for players to adjust and they'd get more comms out of it in the end.

You're still getting more comms out of it. You're getting gear slightly faster, picking up on the fights won't take long, so the way I see it, it's a win win. I understand that you feel people would be hostile to this initially, but I think it would be very easy for players to adjust and they'd get more comms out of it in the end.

Non of this is true and you are not getting more coms out of it until you complete the weekly. But regarding adjusting, have you adjusted to what it is? Are you still feeling hostile? :)

Why would you expect anyone else to?

Non of this is true and you are not getting more coms out of it until you complete the weekly. But regarding adjusting, have you adjusted to what it is? Are you still feeling hostile? :)

Why would you expect anyone else to?

I'm just tired of Bioware caving in to the cries of the noobs who would rather have everything nerfed than learn how to complete a difficult challenge. It really sucks out some of the joy from the hardcore raiders. Is it really asking too much that you learn ONE more fight?

I'm just tired of Bioware caving in to the cries of the noobs who would rather have everything nerfed than learn how to complete a difficult challenge. It really sucks out some of the joy from the hardcore raiders. Is it really asking too much that you learn ONE more fight?

You are not being fair, it is actually a lot to ask from a casual player. You want these people to try it out and like it. Your attitude may actually drive people away. Casual player may stick around and change his attitude towards the game, but you need to give them a chance.

Well it is pretty annoying how people mysteriously have to leave or go DC moments after the weekly boss dies...:rolleyes:

I agree, that does not mean I agree with a proposed change. If you really want that last boss then join a guild and if they DC on you as well then you are out of luck. :D

Well it is pretty annoying how people mysteriously have to leave or go DC moments after the weekly boss dies...:rolleyes:

Yeah... I'm getting sick of this. Especially in the "harder" Ops. Hardly ever run through DP anymore, which is BS.

It doesn't take very long to finish anyway. But.. no, peeps bail. And if there happens to be a wipe or two before the weekly? The group won't make it after the weekly is met which again is BS....

Edited by Rafaman

Yeah... I'm getting sick of this. Especially in the "harder" Ops. Hardly ever run through DP anymore, which is BS.

It doesn't take very long to finish anyway. But.. no, peeps bail. And if their happens to be a wipe or two before the weekly? The group won't make it after the weekly is met which again is BS....

That is what you get for playing with real people. I hear they are unloyal, cowardly bunch.

Weeklies should be changed to the final boss. It's sad when players who join a full clear (note, that's not a run to a weekly) are so inconsiderate that they drop after the weekly boss, and of course, the original group can't find anyone to fill in.

If players won't behave socially -- or the community can't get them to be considerate -- then it's time to change the weekly to prevent this frustration entirely.

You are not being fair, it is actually a lot to ask from a casual player. You want these people to try it out and like it. Your attitude may actually drive people away. Casual player may stick around and change his attitude towards the game, but you need to give them a chance.

The thing I notice though, is that no one wants to take that chance. People have this mentality of "I got my weekly so I'm done I don't care that this group wants to make better progress." I think that's selfish, but it's also sad to see people not even want to take a chance to improve. People get their weekly, and they weasel their way out of the group because they couldn't care less and this really messes up 7 - 15 other people. People don't WANT to take a chance, so they end up screwing over a whole raid group.

The thing I notice though, is that no one wants to take that chance. People have this mentality of "I got my weekly so I'm done I don't care that this group wants to make better progress." I think that's selfish, but it's also sad to see people not even want to take a chance to improve. People get their weekly, and they weasel their way out of the group because they couldn't care less and this really messes up 7 - 15 other people. People don't WANT to take a chance, so they end up screwing over a whole raid group.

Yes, this is a normal pug mentality unfortunately, if you want people that stick to the end, look to your guildies.

It doesn't take very long to finish anyway. But.. no, peeps bail. And if their happens to be a wipe or two before the weekly? The group won't make it after the weekly is met which again is BS....

Just today I did DP. Great group. No problems WHATSOEVER. Didn't wipe on a single boss. Cleared the weekly boss. And then of course, "ugh, something came up, gtg, gl."

Just today I did DP. Great group. No problems WHATSOEVER. Didn't wipe on a single boss. Cleared the weekly boss. And then of course, "ugh, something came up, gtg, gl."

You never had anything come up in your life? What if it was real issue that had to be dealt with, more important than god forbids, a game?

There is no solution, and you should not post when you are upset. You are actually being selfish because you are having a problem and you want someone to do something about it :D

The weekly for TFB and SnV may be adjusted in near future but the ops you have mentioned will need to wait. There are too many pugs that still struggle with them and it would be unfair to force anyone to complete the entire ops for the weekly.

Edited by ELRunninW

You never had anything come up in your life? What if it was real issue that had to be dealt with, more important than god forbids, a game?

There is no solution, and you should not post when you are upset. You are actually being selfish because you are having a problem and you want someone to do something about it :D

People who genuinely enjoy this game are getting screwed over by the baddies who quit after they got what they want. 95% Of the reasons ppl need to leave after a weekly boss are a load of bs and ppl are just scared of a challenge.

People who genuinely enjoy this game are getting screwed over by the baddies who quit after they got what they want. 95% Of the reasons ppl need to leave after a weekly boss are a load of bs and ppl are just scared of a challenge.

I understand, but you are being unfair in your judgment. People who drop from your pug enjoy the game just as much as you do.

Edited by ELRunninW