The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Login Issues

EricMusco

I do not post much on here, but I did my research and everything is pointing to DERPTrolling, they specifically call out EA multiple times, are about to target Minecraft and have had article published about them bringing down WoW LOL and will "stop at nothing." EA its clear and cut as to what is going on. The ball is in your park. Just look at their twitter.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, no Negative Nancy's? While appreciate the update, I have to say, I originally reported on this an HOUR ago.

You do realize that in that hour EA/BW are actually... working? It's not like they get a critical error like every single login system on Origin servers goes down and they think, "Oh man we better let DimmuJanKaarl know our system's down so he can blog about it" before they even try resolving the issue.

Obviously this game isn't your drug of choice. I am literally tweaking and ready to chew my arm off. I'm watching the clock and counting the minutes until I officially will have a very restless couple hours of sleep before work. And I can't be sure I'll allow myself to go to bed at all if the servers come back up anytime soon.

See, this is why I've been begging for mobile apps or anything else that gives me some semblance of interaction with the game outside the actual game client. I need my fix and I need it now.

Duude wow do you know how pathetic you sound right now? Are you so addicted to this game that you can't even sleep right if you don't get your required 8 hours in? I think you need to pack up your computer and put it in the attic for a couple of months and straighten out your priorities, dude.

Whoever this Eric guy is, it's not our job to be "negative Nancies." I'm sure if he deserves chewing out, he has a boss for that.

Also, I doubt you ever really worked IT, if you did, you'd know that when the crap hit the fan, you had more important things to do than update people every couple minutes.

Also also, it's possible they don't KNOW what's going on, and in any case, they are under no obligation to really say what it is. I have been in this position with a few games and only get a full explanation some of the time.

Actually that makes me think YOU've never worked in IT, and certainly not as any kind of direct report. When **** hit the fan I was giving updates to the president seemingly every 5 minutes, or as often as he demanded one. Your mode of thinking is one that suggests that a very limited number of people deal with server maintenance, and I find that very hard to believe. Also, you do know that the "Eric" in this conversation is the guy that posted the thread in the first place, right? You know, EricMusco, the name on the OP?? And you clearly misunderstood my tongue-in-cheek statement. I said "No Negative Nancies" out of disbelief that my post was inb4 anyone else with negative comments. My point was that I find it hard to believe that no one else is as irritated as I am.

Its not EA/BW's fault, a group called DERP is flooding their servers with crap, think rush hour LA. It prevents the normal users from accessing the sites. This also explains the high server latency from the past 2 days.

Anyways, thanks Eric for acknowledging. :)

w00t! Awesome! Thank you Eric! Sorry they probably had to get you out of bed for this. =[

Yeah, almost 11pm in Austin, so he probably wasn't at work :(

So for the guy yelling about this... That's probably why it took an hour since you reported it, because maybe Eric wasn't sitting at his desk at 10pm??? I mean, I'm sure you work 24/7, but personally I go home sometimes...

I need my fix and I need it now.

WoW appears to be working; go roll a Dwarf Paladin or something, Grumpy. Think you can do that free up to 20, now.

'Cause, rest assured, you're not the only one irritated by this issue. Just chill. Maybe hit up the one guy that bought weed, if you need a bit of herbal assistance.

Actually that makes me think YOU've never worked in IT, and certainly not as any kind of direct report. When **** hit the fan I was giving updates to the president seemingly every 5 minutes, or as often as he demanded one. Your mode of thinking is one that suggests that a very limited number of people deal with server maintenance, and I find that very hard to believe. Also, you do know that the "Eric" in this conversation is the guy that posted the thread in the first place, right? You know, EricMusco, the name on the OP?? And you clearly misunderstood my tongue-in-cheek statement. I said "No Negative Nancies" out of disbelief that my post was inb4 anyone else with negative comments. My point was that I find it hard to believe that no one else is as irritated as I am.

No one else is as irritated about it as you are because we're not sticking our heads up our asses demanding that EA/BW gives us the updates. We're using our 1337-internet-skills to keep track of it ourselves. Take a break, man. Your addiction is going to kill you. :rolleyes:

No one else is as irritated about it as you are because we're not sticking our heads up our asses demanding that EA/BW gives us the updates. We're using our 1337-internet-skills to keep track of it ourselves. Take a break, man. Your addiction is going to kill you. :rolleyes:

Seconded

Dude, of course we are irritated. You think we all want to be sitting on the forums rather than playing the game? But Eric got dragged back into work at 11 o'clock at night along with probably a lot of other people to try and sort this.

They're doing everything they can, I don't know what else you want. No good saying no one should be hit with DDOS attacks - EVERYONE gets taken down by them! Governments, banks, whatever... You may know everything about IT, but maybe you should go share your expertise, cos it seems like no one else knows your secrets to being completely immune to hackers.

Well done on your amazing intellect, now write a book and share your knowledge.

You do realize that in that hour EA/BW are actually... working? It's not like they get a critical error like every single login system on Origin servers goes down and they think, "Oh man we better let DimmuJanKaarl know our system's down so he can blog about it" before they even try resolving the issue.

They can probally hit EA whole website if they tried, they did some of it with Soe

You had one of THOSE kinds of bosses. /understand

I'm irritated...this is my one night to play this game until probably Saturday night, so yeah, I'd like to get a couple hours in.

I guess what I should have said is, I feel like you've never played an MMO before. This is par for the course. They're not going to tell us anything until it's fixed, and we may never get the whole story.

And honestly, what do you expect them to say until it's fixed? We're not the president of EA! Are they gonna tell us technical information, what ports are poopy, etc? Of course not. That's giving away security info to a bunch of people who don't understand it.

This is how it's going to go:

1. We are aware of a problem.

(Time passes)

2. The problem should be fixed.

In case you haven't, I have played several MMO's. It was always be this way and always had. What you're asking for is useless and never going to happen anyway. Just wait for the green light like the rest of us.

is our credit card info safe from this attack?

Yes. This attack involves flooding the server with requests causing the server to crash. The attackers won't be able to see your personal information because of it.

Edited by zetabit

is our credit card info safe from this attack?

Well it's a DDOS attack, right? So basically with my very limited knowledge, it's just like they make thousands of requests to a website and there are just so many that it gets overwhelmed and crashes.

So I don't think they are actually hacking in or stealing any info.