The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Login Issues

EricMusco

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey everyone!

I wanted to let you know that we are aware and actively investigating reports of login/launcher issues that many of you are experiencing. I will post any updates in this thread as I have them.

Thanks for your patience.

-eric

w00t! Awesome! Thank you Eric! Sorry they probably had to get you out of bed for this. =[

I'll say what I said on /r/swtor

Damn what A-holes. Was just about to start my first stream since the holidays.

I get why people are mad at EA, but poking digital sticks at them solve nothing. Bring the issues out to the gaming community, and raise awareness of better publishers like Zenimax and Bohemia Interactive.

Realistically, what do you guys think the time frame for a resolution?

Wow, no Negative Nancy's? While appreciate the update, I have to say, I originally reported on this an HOUR ago. Many threads formed since, server statuses don't seem to be right. It took this long to take note of the server populations dropping like flies? OF COURSE we wouldn't blame Eric, it's not his job to handle the server management, but I mean, come on. I'm sorry but my temper is a bit flared right now, and I don't want to play the blame game, but dev silence in general is one thing, but taking this long to give any kind of update at all? Is it the norm to just sit on something for an hour hoping it will go away, then finally saying something after everyone has been constantly trying to login, getting booted, crashed to desktop, etc. for over an hour? What, seriously, is with the knee-jerk reaction to give love to Eric for simply doing his job yet there is no acknowledgement at all that while EAware didn't cause the crash they aren't completely without culpability. Everyone knows it's derptroll and a DDoS attack, which is a far cry from someone might have tripped over the power cord, we're not sure but we'll take a look. Not only that, how is a boiler plate response of "we know something's up, we're looking into it" helpful in any way?? You're right: thanks Eric for telling us you're not NOT doing something!

Again, sorry, but my blood is really boiling right now. When I was working IT I caught **** too if crashes, etc. happened. Sure I wasn't responsible for *making* them happen, but I was sure as **** responsible for not preventing them. Boss didn't care if it was "unpreventable"; and as far as I know the ancient attack of 90's lore of a DDoS is hardly unpreventable. And between the couple days before New Years' Eve and now they couldn't have done ANYTHING to protect themselves from this???

So, i have seen posts that seems to think DERP Trolling is responsible for the login issues we are having because they got owned in a GSF match. These suppositions seems to have credibility if you read their "cryptic" twitter feed, but is there actually any truth to this, because if there is merit to said suppositions, I would think a ban would be in order

So, i have seen posts that seems to think DERP Trolling is responsible for the login issues we are having because they got owned in a GSF match. These suppositions seems to have credibility if you read their "cryptic" twitter feed, but is there actually any truth to this, because if there is merit to said suppositions, I would think a ban would be in order

I'm thinking much, much bigger than a ban. Like brought-up-on-federal-charges bigger.

Wow, no Negative Nancy's? While appreciate the update, I have to say, I originally reported on this an HOUR ago. Many threads formed since, server statuses don't seem to be right. It took this long to take note of the server populations dropping like flies? OF COURSE we wouldn't blame Eric, it's not his job to handle the server management, but I mean, come on. I'm sorry but my temper is a bit flared right now, and I don't want to play the blame game, but dev silence in general is one thing, but taking this long to give any kind of update at all? Is it the norm to just sit on something for an hour hoping it will go away, then finally saying something after everyone has been constantly trying to login, getting booted, crashed to desktop, etc. for over an hour? What, seriously, is with the knee-jerk reaction to give love to Eric for simply doing his job yet there is no acknowledgement at all that while EAware didn't cause the crash they aren't completely without culpability. Everyone knows it's derptroll and a DDoS attack, which is a far cry from someone might have tripped over the power cord, we're not sure but we'll take a look. Not only that, how is a boiler plate response of "we know something's up, we're looking into it" helpful in any way?? You're right: thanks Eric for telling us you're not NOT doing something!

Again, sorry, but my blood is really boiling right now. When I was working IT I caught **** too if crashes, etc. happened. Sure I wasn't responsible for *making* them happen, but I was sure as **** responsible for not preventing them. Boss didn't care if it was "unpreventable"; and as far as I know the ancient attack of 90's lore of a DDoS is hardly unpreventable. And between the couple days before New Years' Eve and now they couldn't have done ANYTHING to protect themselves from this???

To be fair, they probably weren't EXPECTING a ddos attack. I admit i don't know much about this aspect of computers and what not, but from what i gather, it isn't a COMMON thing for people to do. I'd love a rough estimate on when it will be back up, but until then....be patient.

and then there's this guy.

chill out dude.

Whoever this Eric guy is, it's not our job to be "negative Nancies." I'm sure if he deserves chewing out, he has a boss for that.

Also, I doubt you ever really worked IT, if you did, you'd know that when the crap hit the fan, you had more important things to do than update people every couple minutes.

Also also, it's possible they don't KNOW what's going on, and in any case, they are under no obligation to really say what it is. I have been in this position with a few games and only get a full explanation some of the time.

and then there's this guy.

chill out dude.

Obviously this game isn't your drug of choice. I am literally tweaking and ready to chew my arm off. I'm watching the clock and counting the minutes until I officially will have a very restless couple hours of sleep before work. And I can't be sure I'll allow myself to go to bed at all if the servers come back up anytime soon.

See, this is why I've been begging for mobile apps or anything else that gives me some semblance of interaction with the game outside the actual game client. I need my fix and I need it now.

For the information and investigation to move from internal to the public takes awhile. Also, the servers themselves are /not/ down, that is why the status pages still say they're up, because they ARE. The DDOS attack is stopping you from connecting in general, although the servers are still online. Also, a DDOS attack of such a scale is almost impossible to circumvent. . Before you post, think about it. There's a /reason/ that BioWare is looking into it and not giving more information. There's nothing they can really do to stop it. Just wait for the attackers to pass to another game.

Obviously this game isn't your drug of choice. I am literally tweaking and ready to chew my arm off. I'm watching the clock and counting the minutes until I officially will have a very restless couple hours of sleep before work. And I can't be sure I'll allow myself to go to bed at all if the servers come back up anytime soon.

See, this is why I've been begging for mobile apps or anything else that gives me some semblance of interaction with the game outside the actual game client. I need my fix and I need it now.

What it sounds like is you need a break. And this is coming from the guy who waited six hours in line to buy legal weed yesterday, not because he needed weed, but because it was a historic moment. I might be an addict but damn...