PVP PT hybrid problem solving, post your proposed solutions!

Sangrar

I was just thinking, how do we make it so the PT hybrid is NOT possible as it stand now while at the same time making sure neither tree individually is nerfed either so as to preserve their viability for pvp?

I was thinking, what would happen if the skills that are essential for the hybrid were relocated higher up both trees so literally it would be impossible to make the hybrid while keeping the tree otherwise intact?

Just thinking aloud there I don't nearly know as much about it as you guys do, please post any solution that fits the criteria of making the hybrid as it stands now no longer possible while at the same time not nerfing any of the trees or abilities.

Edited by Sangrar

Lock Prototype Flame Thrower to High Energy Gas Cylinder. Neither spec is affected, but you can't run Ion Cell and do massive cleave damage anymore.

u wanna run tank stance ? fine but ur not getting any stacks of PFT =hybrid fixed and neither tree tank or AP suffers anything?

Lock Prototype Flame Thrower to High Energy Gas Cylinder. Neither spec is affected, but you can't run Ion Cell and do massive cleave damage anymore.

u wanna run tank stance ? fine but ur not getting any stacks of PFT =hybrid fixed and neither tree tank or AP suffers anything?

Bam problem solved. It really is that simple

In addition to the flamethrower buff being tied to cylinder, the AOE damage reduction and 30% damage reduction when stunned need to also be tied to the cylinder.

You have to have more points in this tree than any other to get the 30% AOE reduction. If you remove the damage you can do while in tank stance, then there is no reason to go that far up the tree unless you aren't tanking. Also, you'd have to take the 30% aoe damage reduction for mara and lock it to Ataru form, because all 3 specs can get that one.

Biggest problem I see is that the easiest solution for PVP (i.e. locking the flamethrower stacks to HEGC) kills the PT/VG hybrid spec for PVE, which is currently the highest DPS spec for the class. While Pyro and AP are still viable for PVE, the hybrid spec out-performs both and is a very welcome addition to any raid team. Both AP and Pyro are respectable, but don't reach the high numbers that Hybrid Gunslingers/Snipers or Pyro/Assault Mercs can right now, or even Mara/Sents.

So if they lock PFT to HEGC (which I don't see why it shouldn't happen), they are going to have to compensate in the AP/Pyro trees in some way to increase their sustained DPS. Perhaps bringing back the damage they toned down from Retractable Blade/Gut and Incendiary Missile/Round when they changed PT/VG's in 2.4? It really wouldn't increase the burst damage of either spec in PVP, but would increase their sustained damage in PVE.

Edited by ScytheEleven

Better yet lock it to either HEGC or CGC. That way you it does not affect the DPS hybrids that are doing well in PvE content right now, but it still makes the current IGC hybrids impossible.

Biggest problem I see is that the easiest solution for PVP (i.e. locking the flamethrower stacks to HEGC) kills the PT/VG hybrid spec for PVE, which is currently the highest DPS spec for the class. While Pyro and AP are still viable for PVE, the hybrid spec out-performs both and is a very welcome addition to any raid team. Both AP and Pyro are respectable, but don't reach the high numbers that Hybrid Gunslingers/Snipers or Pyro/Assault Mercs can right now, or even Mara/Sents.

So if they lock PFT to HEGC (which I don't see why it shouldn't happen), they are going to have to compensate in the AP/Pyro trees in some way to increase their sustained DPS. Perhaps bringing back the damage they toned down from Retractable Blade/Gut and Incendiary Missile/Round when they changed PT/VG's in 2.4? It really wouldn't increase the burst damage of either spec in PVP, but would increase their sustained damage in PVE.

See my suggestion below to fix.

Edited by Vodrin

PT Hybrid Tank

First of let's take a look at what we mean by "PT Hybrid" - In most cases it's not really a hybrid, at least not by specialization. Only very few PT AP "Tanks" are going into Oil Slick. So, most are not really hybrid when we talk about specizlisation. What people do is go full AP, rest of the points go to the quite obvious talents in the other 2 trees, can move some bits around but it makes very small difference, depends really on game play habits. Anyhow, we have then a DPS PT AP - we change to Ion Cylinder, which gives us shield chance, increases our armor by 60% + 16% from Tank tree, i'm assuming most tanks would go into that :), we also equip a Shield Generator, rest usually is DPS gear, modded for high endurance. Because it's really easy to maintain heat management even in Ion Gas Cylinder, this is a really nice and easy class to play on average. You have 3 sec cast ability during which you can eat a sandwich etc, nice and easy. That what is I describe up here is a naked Tank. Only reason this tank is so hyped over is because most Ranked teams play AoE comps and against AoE compst this tank is strong because it has 30% AoE dmg reduction. We play PT Pyro + Carnage Mara + Assassin ybrid Tank = PT AP "ybrid tank" dies in about 30sec, if the team cc's us and healer is good as well. Sometimes they just vaporize instantly. If we want to make really unfair we have our assassin tank cc the healer, PT ybrid just won't survive, nice and fast games.

Change the DPS pieces to Tank gear = 1 min longer fight, but in the end the "tank" still dies. So, 1 person on healer 2 DPS on PT AP "Tank" and puff the PT AP is nomore. The only reason the PT AP Ybrid is good is because of 2 facts, 1st = too many groups play AoE classes (rage mara), 2nd AP tree gives 30% dmg reduction to AoE.

The AoE slow of course is a nasty things, but if you play single target classes usually you have abilites that either increase your movement speed, like Predation (group wise woop!), or make you impervious to snares like Unstoppable or Hydraulic Overrides. Problem solved.

If they nerf PT AP tank they would have to nerf Assa "ybrid" and Jugger "ybrid" too. That Jugger "ybrid" nerf, I am a bit hesitant of, we haven't seen strong ones out there yet, but that's probably because only now people are starting to take the other ybrid seriously.

Anyways, Morale of this story = If you super click and keyboard turn there is nothing BW can do to help you.

Nerf op heal defensive cd and roll

Buff op/scoundrel mid tree dps/def cd

Nerf smash mara/sent and jugg/guardian

Buff vigillance/vengence guardians/juggs

Nerf slightly sniper defensive cd (entrenche/hunker down) and rollbang

Buff sage/sorcs healers

Buff commando/merc healers

Make balance

After that nerf jugg/sin/pt hybrid, not before.

Edited by danciak

When you say this:

See my suggestion below to fix.

Are you referring to this:

Better yet lock it to either HEGC or CGC. That way you it does not affect the DPS hybrids that are doing well in PvE content right now, but it still makes the current IGC hybrids impossible.

Locking PFT to HEGC does kill the PVE hybrid. The PVE hybrid runs Combustible Gas Cylinder and goes up to get PFT, then goes up in Pyro.

Or where you referring to locking the AoE damage reduction/stun damage reduction to HEGC and leaving PFT as-is?

Edited by ScytheEleven

Buff sage/sorcs healers

Make balance

are u for real?

Operatives are fine smash is fine they can get killed /avoided now. deal wit it.

This in summary is the issue of locking PFT to HEGC. My solution is to lock rebounded, aoe damage reduction and stun damage reduction to HEGC. The hybrid tank will have no survivability which has no impact on PvE.

lock prototype flame thrower to high energy gas cylinder. Neither spec is affected, but you can't run ion cell and do massive cleave damage anymore.

U wanna run tank stance ? Fine but ur not getting any stacks of pft =hybrid fixed and neither tree tank or ap suffers anything?

^this, this is literally all that's required bw, please listen

Buff sage/sorcs healers

Make balance

Jug smash is squishy, doesn't need nerfing. And yes, AP hybrid should be nerfed before all those, it puts out too much dmg for being able to guard. Playing a dps spec as a tank role is obviously not working as intended.

Why is this such a problem now? I remember @ launch many vgs/pts ran this owait AP got buffed. QQMOAR.

Because of solo arenas and only. This crap spec could not survive 8x8 or grouped arenas.

When...another spec can survive all. But yet after a year is untouchable.

Edited by Aetideus