The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Incendiary Missle

wildcaveman

My dps on the dummy is about 100 lower in Pyro than AP. That might possibly be an indicator that Pyro needs a buff as a area spec should never outperform a single target spec on a single target. Obviously that doesn't take into account the intangibles of mobility and fast target switching. I would like to be able to switch around my spec a little more during a hm op to fit the fight instead of almost always running in AP.

I propose a buff to incendiary missle. What if rail shot had an extra 15/30% crtit chance while attacking a target with the missle on them? Maybe also give a an extra 15/30% chance the rail shot reset will proc as well?

Pyro also seems to be the only tree missing a buff to shoulder cannon.

If we buff IM, won't it also affect the Merc tree? Those guys are already hitting top Deeps.

Pyro mercs could use a boost too. At least 95% of the dps mercs I see are running in arsenal anyway (on po5 server).

In pvp I find pyro lacking the punch to take out a good healer without assistance. Not that it is easy in AP but I have soloed the same healers that just laughed at pyro. Especially with a tank guarding them AP flame thrower will burn the tank and the healer energy pool really fast.

My dps on the dummy is about 100 lower in Pyro than AP. That might possibly be an indicator that Pyro needs a buff as a area spec should never outperform a single target spec on a single target. Obviously that doesn't take into account the intangibles of mobility and fast target switching. I would like to be able to switch around my spec a little more during a hm op to fit the fight instead of almost always running in AP.

I propose a buff to incendiary missle. What if rail shot had an extra 15/30% crtit chance while attacking a target with the missle on them? Maybe also give a an extra 15/30% chance the rail shot reset will proc as well?

While I do believe you, can you post any sort of corroborating evidence to further this discussion?

a. Were you using the health and or armor debuff tools on the dummy?

b. Spec(s)/gear/stats etc.

c. I think calling AP an AoE spec is a bit of a stretch, FP and Gut are both single target abilities as well as HiB. The only conal attack is Pulse Cannon, which is as effective on a single target dummy as it is in a group of 5. Pardon my vanguard terminology.

I do agree with some sort of perk to Shoulder Cannon, but I also can't think of something original and situational (to work with the CD of Shoulder Cannon)

I really like Pyro/Assault for HM DF/DP because it's incredibly mobile and there are no channels. So many of the fights benefit ffrom being able to move at all times.

No. Pyro does not need any more buffs.

I play Pyro and AP for the new HM content. I run Pyro for single target boss fights and AP for boss fights with adds. I also PVP in both AP (full min-max'd Obroan) and Pyro (almost full min-max'd Obroan).

Pyro Mercs do NOT need a DPS increase. They are one of the top DPS classes at the moments. Don't believe me? Go look at the World Leaderboards right now.

Incendiary Missile has been fine-tuned to be great in PVP now. As KoozieJr said "PT Pyro is one small buff away from a giant nerf".

As for killing healers, I have no trouble pressuring/killing ungaurded ones in AP or in Pyro...hell, Pyro is better at it. If you're struggling to kill a gaurded healer, join the rest of the club...that's kind of the point. Get coordinated, focus fire, and either burn down their DPS or burn through the healer's gaurd. One player should NOT be able to kill a gaurded healer solo.

Edited by ScytheEleven

So you want railshot to be 55%-70% crit chance to hit for close to 10k. Lol plz

How do you measure your dps?

Its a few steps:

1. Enable Combat Logging in your game options. This can be toggled, and each time you turn it back on/log in it makes a new log (you might, for example, turn it on entirely for doing an OP)

2. Go to this website: http://www.torparse.com/

3. Upload the log

Now select the fight you want to look at, and it tells you your DPS for it.

AS FOR THE OP:

My guess is the best way to buff PT Pyro/Assault Vanguard without touching Pyro Merc/Assault Commando is to do something with Power Bracer.

e.g. The Mercs get -3 heat on Power Shot, and -3 seconds on the Unload cooldown with power barrels in addition to the damage buffs, while us PTs get the short stick and only get the damage buff, so what if we also got a buff to Flame Burst/Rocket punch with it (Same buffs, so -3 second cooldown on rocket punch and -3 heat on flame burst)?

The damage boost would be perfect (You can time a rocket punch in for every PPA proc, and the Heat reduction on Flame Burst means that the use of rapid shots is much more lenient - about 33% less uses required for a heat-neutral rotation. A 2.9k dps parse for example, would now be a 3.05k parse - which is probably the 100 dps you are missing out on)

However to get past the hybrid... Good luck with that. The only fix for that I can think of requires Rail Shot to be completely reworked to use tech damage, then prototype flamethrower being forced to be used in HEGC

Edited by TACeMossie