Female character texture is still messed up.

SupremeOverseer

Leaves me assuming we will NEVER, ever see this fixed simply because the people actually taking action on it in the form of suspending/cancelling subscription or suspending buying CC's, form a negligible part of the revenue brought in from subscription fees/ sales of CC's

In other words, we're just background noise...

I unsubscribed not primarily as a form of protest, but just because I'm not interested in playing the game with this bug. Which also means that, although I could continue to play for free, I'm not going to.

And beyond just this bug, quality control has become really terrible, even for cartel market items alone.

But yeah, I've pretty much come to the same conclusion. Most of the customers don't care, or at least don't care enough to stop playing. And I can't really blame Bioware for failing to work on something that most people don't care about.

I've actually heard the bulk of cartel coin purchases are from subscribers. Yeah, free players would be enticed by unlocks, but I think the real money is in the gambling packs. And people who care enough to blow a lot of money on those, care enough pay a little money to subscribe.

Oh yeah, I should mention that I'd be glad to re-subscribe if this is ever fixed.

Edited by Clarian

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It boggles the mind that this is still an issue. I noticed it months ago, and I have refrained from wearing skimpy clothes because they look horrible. I'm having a similar issue with skimpy outfits and Cathar, but that's likely never to be fixed either. This isn't a multi-million dollar implementation. It's a texture fix. Bioware, FIX IT.

They should at least admit and apologize for messing up but no.... we cant even get that much. And by the way i am missing a codex entry for "had a character for 2 years then some a s s hat messed up the appearance". I want the 1k exp from it. :mad: Edited by SupremeOverseer

They should at least admit and apologize for messing up but no.... we cant even get that much. And by the way i am missing a codex entry for "had a character for 2 years then some a s s hat messed up the appearance". I want the 1k exp from it. :mad:

They have acknowledged it in two of the other threads on this, including one recently, but there is no eta on a fix. In this thread and others some of us have stated that we will no longer purchase Cartel Coins until this is fixed. Other players have unsubbed until it's fixed. It needs to be fixed =p

Wanted to add that I'm also tired of this not being fixed. I've noticed it for months as well, and reported in game. I don't buy packs, but I do buy CC from time to time for Collections unlocks or CM items, but I won't be making any further purchases until this is fixed. So add one more name on this thread, and hope it makes a difference.

This isn't getting fixed. The fact it has been broke this long shows that.

I think this conclusion is solid. Either play with armor that doesn't show this and stop buying cartel armor that does have this problem

Edited by Zerileth

Not only that, but the number of "minor" but damn annoying glitches has increased lately to a rather large number.

Let's see, the texture issues described in this thread, darth sion armor showing bras on males, twi'lek face bug, the "vacuum crotch" bug, the expert fighter armor skin-colored butt flap, the bone® crotch flap, the wayward warrior mask that doesn't dye, marka ragnos helmet, cloaks clipping through speeders, Esseles hyperspace crash, the SW and IA class quests that are bugged...

I'm thinking they're losing their funding or whatever. Skeleton crew, not enough to do more than build a couple room interiors, call them palaces, and try to maximize the coin spending on this "next expansion" with "the palaces."

Edited by Merouk

I'm thinking they're losing their funding or whatever. Skeleton crew, not enough to do more than build a couple room interiors, call them palaces, and try to maximize the coin spending on this "next expansion" with "the palaces."

Yup, the fact that they spew out more and more on the cartel market and never ever fix bugs clearly shows a game in desperate financial trouble.

I can understand their point of view. If the game is going to collapse financially unless they can generate some kind of easy money then why spend time fixing bugs, even though many of those bugs are caused by the very money scheme they are trying.

I'll probably peek in from time to time.

I'll definitely peek in from time to time...specifically, to see if this has been fixed.

Just in case Bioware thought this wasn't worth fixing because everyone who cares about it has left.

It may be that the problem is more serious than simply undoing the front/back leg texture swap. Hopefully not.

I believe another cosmetic bug, the discolored lightsaber throw animations, took 3+ months to fix. Since they obvious deprioritize strictly cosmetic bugs on their todo list, I hope this issue is resolved in the next patch since it's been around since December.

Edited by Projawa

THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL BE FIXED

Everyone needs to STOP buying cartel market products. The current business model is to shove out substandard stuff because all the freaking squats will keep buying it. As a software developer I could care less on fixing something if all I have to do to appease the masses is bring out a few new trinkets.

Again the scrubs who purchase cartel coin and cartel market items are the real enemies they are feeding this beast. In bioware and EAs place I would do exactly the same thing. Why expend resources on fixes when I use that team to design a few new trinkets that will cause players to depart with sums of cash to have. KUDOS to EA and Bioware for the smart business model, no need to fix the broken with bringing out new items will generate more money.

You have to stop buying the coins and the GTN items. There's the problem. The coin buyers are making in-game money selling packs and CC stuff on the GTN: that won't stop. The players that can't afford coins are buying the items on the GTN. It's fun buying new armor. It's part of the game. Remaking your character every so often: that won't stop. Edited by Zerileth

Now Cathar models are glitching. I have never seen a MMO with so many texture glitches in my life. I love this game, and have stuck with it, but I think I have had about enough. :( It is just getting to the point nearly every character I log on has something wrong with it in some way, shape, or form. :mad: Edited by Pookii

This issue does seem to have gotten a mention in the latest "known issues" thread, so it seems we may have a chance to see it addressed since the stated new format trims out the "minor" issues.

We are actively working on this so that we can get a fix out to everyone as soon as possible! :tran_smile:

This issue does seem to have gotten a mention in the latest "known issues" thread, so it seems we may have a chance to see it addressed since the stated new format trims out the "minor" issues.

Hrm, it says

Skin textures appear distorted when wearing “bikini-style” gear.

Unfortunately it is not limited to bikini-style gear, that's just where it's most noticeable. I get this effect on the Confiscated Mercenary pants (Makeb reputation legacy gear) as well.

edit: Hopefully you guys have found or are looking for the root cause instead of fixing items on a piece by piece basis. To my hobbyist eye it looks like somebody forgot to regen the UV maps after updating the mesh (not saying that's it, ofc :p )

Edited by PlasmaJohn

Hrm, it says

Unfortunately it is not limited to bikini-style gear, that's just where it's most noticeable. I get this effect on the Confiscated Mercenary pants (Makeb reputation legacy gear) as well.

edit: Hopefully you guys have found or are looking for the root cause instead of fixing items on a piece by piece basis. To my hobbyist eye it looks like somebody forgot to regen the UV maps after updating the mesh (not saying that's it, ofc :p )

Examples:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/swtor-confiscated-mercenary-armor.jpg

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/swtor-confiscated-mercenary-armor-republic-2_thumb.jpg

Those images are from the first half of 2013 so it seems this is a long-standing bug that somehow made it's way to other (skimpy) items in December when it was more easily noticed.

Edited by Projawa