Tired of empty Cartel Market armor

CyberneticDucks

i don't like how all of the items from the packs and bought off of the equipment page are empty orange quality pieces with no stats of their own. i understand that you can keep it with you forever if you keep the mods up to date, but i would really like it if they came equipped with level-appropriate mods just to make them workable. maybe the packs could give you planetary commendations so that you can buy your own. to think that we are paying real money to buy these things, you would expect something more than a cosmetic husk.

The armor is level 1, so "level appropriate" would be level 1 mods, pretty much useless.

There has to be a use for the crafting skills, no? Almost nobody buys lower level crystals anymore, people just use the +41's from level 10 to level 49.

If you have as many toons as your sig suggest, how is gearing your toons a issue? I get so many planetary comms on my main, I can't throw them away fast enough if I wanted to. lol Not to mention basic and elite comms which I don't need anymore, which you can also transfer to other toons through rep gear. Just work with one toon more often, and you'll gather enough resources to equip an army of alts. lol Edited by Drox

Is it that difficult to keep yourself geared up? Are you making the best use of your crafting skills? Are you using the GTN to find affordable gear and mods? Are you taking advantage of all the content available so you'll have the credits you need?

I don't think it's necessary for BW to change the current system.

cosmetic

That's the point and I hope they keep it that way.

Even gear that requires level 31 must be kept up to date with mods or they become useless very quickly.

If I want my Trooper to look like Jedi Knight then you or anyone else shouldn't be able to stop me. That's the point of adaptive armor.

if they came with stats that were usefull it would be pay2win!

Win what exactly? An unwinnable MMO? Would he suddenly become God Emperor of Tattooine until two months later when they raise the gear cap again?

Sure, sure, I get all of the complaints against being able to buy an advantage, though most only have a direct affect in PVP based games, but sometimes you guys flip out a bit much.

Yes, he asked the question, yes it was dumb, move along.

If you have as many toons as your sig suggest, how is gearing your toons a issue? I get so many planetary comms on my main, I can't throw them away fast enough if I wanted to. lol Not to mention basic and elite comms which I don't need anymore, which you can also transfer to other toons through rep gear. Just work with one toon more often, and you'll gather enough resources to equip an army of alts. lol

i do get lots of planetary commendations, but not enough for a whole armor set. then have to buy brand new mods for that whole set when i move to a new planet.

Win what exactly? An unwinnable MMO? Would he suddenly become God Emperor of Tattooine until two months later when they raise the gear cap again?

Sure, sure, I get all of the complaints against being able to buy an advantage, though most only have a direct affect in PVP based games, but sometimes you guys flip out a bit much.

Yes, he asked the question, yes it was dumb, move along.

i agree, there is no winning to the game because it is just a big story. there are also very few instances where players actually fight one other outside of PvP matches. however, i don't think that it would be a big deal if you could buy slight advantages for spending money on the game, but not so much that it ruins it for everyone else. even if you were a major PvP kinda guy, once you level up, say, three levels, that piece pretty much becomes worthless, and you just hand it down to your companions or sell it.

I would really like it if lazy players like OP didn't exist but it's just something I have to put up with.

i still buy packs for the pets, mounts, companion gifts, XP boosters, but especially the credit boosts, those make things alot more interesting. i buy artifact equipment at my current planet and it rocks!

i don't like how all of the items from the packs and bought off of the equipment page are empty orange quality pieces with no stats of their own. i understand that you can keep it with you forever if you keep the mods up to date, but i would really like it if they came equipped with level-appropriate mods just to make them workable. maybe the packs could give you planetary commendations so that you can buy your own. to think that we are paying real money to buy these things, you would expect something more than a cosmetic husk.

And let's say they did put them full of mods for all classes....what would you say then to all the cybertechs, armstechs and artificers whose market (below 55) you will then have completely destroyed?

I wish all CM armor were just empty shells! I don't like that you have to re-buy the ones with mods instead of being able to add them to collections for every alt to enjoy on a whim :(

Those ones should have a collections version that doesn't come with the mods, I reckon.

I was under the impression that they were like the ship upgrades. They show up in your collection, but you are directed to the cartel market to re-buy them, rather than adding them into your collection for unlimited access. If I am wrong, then I missed out on some good sales :p