40,000 credits??!!

LawAngel

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have WoW 1.5

Only if you are Johnny One-Note and cannot play SWTOR as SWTOR.

If you insist on playing any game the same way you play WoW, it will seem like WoW... except where it doesn't work exactly the same.

Then you'll decide its broken, and to fix it you need it to be exactly like WoW.

Adapt to your environment. Learn to play. Stop whining.

Edited by Gleneagle

That's a @$@#%^!@ outrage!

1. The amount is simply ridiculous and way too high.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

lotta good that does the rest of us now.

So you're complaining because you bought something else before you were able to purchase your ride? Who's fault would that be?

if you average 100 credits per mob that is only 400 mobs you need to kill to get your speeder. Get to work. And I am sure that a blue or two will drop in that time maybe even a purple. take those and put on the GTN. Profit?

That bad huh?

I'm no where near as good as most with in game money, however I had just over 100k when I hit 25. (I started noticing myself picking up speed in the earlier few levels credits wise) Really didn't take long to make it back.

2. With #1 being kept firmly in mind; SOME FREAKING WARNING WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE - maybe could have saved for it, instead of recently shelling out 20,000 credits for an extra row of baggage space.

I just hit 25 for the first time and the game's just gone from being fun for the story and play's sake, to whoring for credits. Great job, Bioware. What really pisses me off as an old school gamer is knowing that the absurdity of this will sink into some thick producer's skull sometime down the line and the price will be lowered...

I had a 125k credits at 25.

You're doing it wrong.

Go to bed kid. You recieved a warning at level 20, and if you didn't it's because you decided to turn off tutorial tips even though you obviously have no clue what you're doing.

Besides, 40k should be small change by the time you hit 25. Stop sending all your credits to Nigerian Princes and you'll be fine...

40k credits is dirt cheap at 25.

Also, but ones own inability to look for information isn't an excuse for developers to put a pop up every time you spend money saying "Hey, guess what? Mount Training at 25 is 40,000 Credits!"

Agree. I spent like an hour or so questing on tatooine last night and that's all and I think I earned right around 25K+/- credits.

I had 40k by level 18. Had 75 k by 25.

What I found to be true is that the game is geared to enable you to meet whatever cost it enacts upon you. The only time I have not seen this to be true is when someone spent their time and money frivolously (like trying to level trade skills up to 50 on a level 18).

There really is no issue here, OP.

I agree 40 grand is a bit much, cmon its a game and yes some warning would have helped and I did not get a "tutorial" that said hey Idiot at level 25 you better have 48 grand in credits (8 grand for speeder, 40 for training) plus enough to still pay for repairs, buy stims and medpaks etc....

Also it would be nice to know that beyond Tatooine a speeder is a must have as the cost of 600 credits to get a taxi will suck u dry.

So all you MMO "elites" who get off on spending 50 grand on a speeder and have millions more to throw away and then knock those of us who have followed the game and story as a light past time because we have other responsibilities in life other than crafting, selling , GTN'ing etc and spending a huge amount of time playing the game think about it before you knock people.

I can say that if I knew what this game entailed in terms of credits needed, and that I have to try to beat things with HP that is 5 times greater than what I could muster and that a speeder is REQUIRED I would have saved my real credits for something else.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

OP, you're doing it wrong. At level 25 I had enough money to buy the mount skill and mount. At level 40 I had enough, and I just hit 50 yesterday and had enough money to buy ALL new skills, all new crew skills for Biochem 400, level 50 riding skill + level 50 mount (the expensive one from light-side vendor).

And still have about 300k left.

I also have 5 inventory rows, which I believe is only 2 more than you begin with. That's all you need if you visit the numerous medical droids scattered around in the world, even inside raids/instances.

Oh and I got all my money by doing nothing but missions, vendoring junk/greens and AH'ing blues and above - so basically just playing the game.

I agree 40 grand is a bit much, cmon its a game and yes some warning would have helped and I did not get a "tutorial" that said hey Idiot at level 25 you better have 48 grand in credits (8 grand for speeder, 40 for training) plus enough to still pay for repairs, buy stims and medpaks etc....

Also it would be nice to know that beyond Tatooine a speeder is a must have as the cost of 600 credits to get a taxi will suck u dry.

So all you MMO "elites" who get off on spending 50 grand on a speeder and have millions more to throw away and then knock those of us who have followed the game and story as a light past time because we have other responsibilities in life other than crafting, selling , GTN'ing etc and spending a huge amount of time playing the game think about it before you knock people.

I can say that if I knew what this game entailed in terms of credits needed, and that I have to try to beat things with HP that is 5 times greater than what I could muster and that a speeder is REQUIRED I would have saved my real credits for something else.

Thanks for reading my opinion.

A speeder is not required, it is not a right, it is a privilege, as getting a mount in any MMO is. to think you are entitled is hilarious.

To not have enough credits you would literally have to not loot a single mob ever and never vendor a single item.

I just hit 25 for the first time

That alone invalidated your entire post.

40k is vary easy to come by lv25, hell you should have around 80K+ at that point. Unless you are a complete nub and blow all your cash buying crap you dont need off vendors or the GTN.