Appearance/Costume Tab NOW!

TheOuroborus

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give us an Appearance/Costume tab NOW!!! How long have we been asking for this? Crikey!

Yes, its been talked about A LOT. With all these armors coming out and having to re-mod and aug cause something cool came out it getting pretty old. They can still rape us on the CM for outfits, just don't mod them, don't say its hard to do, you been doing it on companions.

Even with a costume tab you're not going to get the cost of having to re-aug new gear taken out, for the same reason that you still have to pay to pull mods if you need them elsewhere: it's a credit sink for the game. That said, so long as you're willing to work to earn or acquire the additional armorings, etc, that you will need, I do think it would be great not having to return to your cargo hold to switch out gearing just because, or more practically if you're a class that can dual spec. Having access in this way would be a nice addition.

Give us an Appearance/Costume tab NOW!!! How long have we been asking for this? Crikey!

Personally, I cannot take a suggestion seriously when:

a) it's not in the Suggestion Box;

b) it's filled with rudeness, shouting and exclamation marks.

I wonder if BW are similarly put off?

Even with a costume tab you're not going to get the cost of having to re-aug new gear taken out, for the same reason that you still have to pay to pull mods if you need them elsewhere: it's a credit sink for the game. That said, so long as you're willing to work to earn or acquire the additional armorings, etc, that you will need, I do think it would be great not having to return to your cargo hold to switch out gearing just because, or more practically if you're a class that can dual spec. Having access in this way would be a nice addition.

I have 10 characters. three level 55s, two level 50s, and the rest in the 30s and 40s.

I have spent very little pulling out mods to retain my preferred look. Leveling up my toons I use Planetary Coms to upgrade my gear so never incurred a cost to remove my mods to keep my look. If I ever wanted to change my look I just waiting until the next level when I could buy a full set of planetary comm mods.

On my end game characters I did spend some money pulling blue level 66 mods at level 53 because it was cheap. After that I have not bothered pulling the mods because it is cheaper and easier to just use a new augment.

The current system is bloated and expensive. It is much too costly to change your look on the fly because you went from Hoth to Tattonie. It takes too much inventory space to bother with carrying multiple outfits just to fit your mood, so I just don't bother and will not bother until I get a full set end game mods.

I have spent nothing retaining my look as I level and I have spent very little on my max level characters to retain my preferred look because it is just too expensive and cumbersome.

With multiple outfit tabs I would happily spend money to switch between outfits. I can constantly upgrade my gear and retain a few different looks.

Make the ability to change a characters clothing appearance easy with a lower cost and people will spend a lot more money in this money sink than they currently do.

Edited by illgot

Yes, its been talked about A LOT. With all these armors coming out and having to re-mod and aug cause something cool came out it getting pretty old. They can still rape us on the CM for outfits, just don't mod them, don't say its hard to do, you been doing it on companions.

This. For instance the new Thermal Retention armor is great but there is no way - absolutely no way - I am going to spend 1+ million credits to fully gear it.

In the end this is something I won't buy from the CM. I am pretty sure that at some point they will realize they are losing sales if they want us to swap our mods every time a new armor comes out.

Edited by demotivator

But a simple appearance and custom tab would be easy and user friendly... Bioware never does user friendly, they have to design the most tedious and annoying systems that other devs have done so much better. For instance the terrible dye system.... Edited by Merwanor

I was thinking the same thing.

This. For instance the new Thermal Retention armor is great but there is no way - absolutely no way - I am going to spend 1+ million credits to fully gear it.

In the end this is something I won't buy from the CM. I am pretty sure that at some point they will realize they are losing sales if they want us to swap our mods every time a new armor comes out.

When I first came back to SWTOR due to all the adaptive gear and dyes I was excited. Spent the first week putting together outfits for all my toons (7 of them).

Then played and had a blast changing my outfit every so often while using planetary comms.

Once I hit 55 I just stopped having fun. Costs too much money to change my outfit more than once, the whole mod change system is cumbersome and downright annoying when you have to put together a whole new outfit, augments, then rip out your mods for a little fun.

I'm working on alts right now and eventually that will get boring and I'll just quit again. I still play LOTRO and mainly just log on to socialize and play around with new outfits since it costs me zero to do so (and I still buy new outfits from their cash shop even though I don't play the game much).

Edited by illgot

When I first came back to SWTOR due to all the adaptive gear and dyes I was excited. Spent the first week putting together outfits for all my toons (7 of them).

Then played and had a blast changing my outfit every so often while using planetary comms.

Once I hit 55 I just stopped having fun. Costs too much money to change my outfit more than once, the whole mod change system is cumbersome and downright annoying when you have to put together a whole new outfit, augments, then rip out your mods for a little fun.

I'm working on alts right now and eventually that will get boring and I'll just quit again. I still play LOTRO and mainly just log on to socialize and play around with new outfits since it costs me zero to do so (and I still buy new outfits from their cash shop even though I don't play the game much).

Yes, it does cost a huge amount, but once you have several toons at level 50, you can rake in money reasonably easily, which does help offset the cost, but basically you need to find a really good look and stick with it.

If this were 1954 and the OP used "crikey" I would agree he/she is being rude. But in comparison to the cesspool most threads on these boards become, I would say the OP is being quite polite.

Yes, it does cost a huge amount, but once you have several toons at level 50, you can rake in money reasonably easily, which does help offset the cost, but basically you need to find a really good look and stick with it.

yeah and if that one look doesn't fit well with the planet you are on, oh well.

Going from Hoth to Tattonie in a skimpy outfit just feels wrong but I'm not spending 500k to my make my outfit fit the environment for a couple of hours.

yeah and if that one look doesn't fit well with the planet you are on, oh well.

Going from Hoth to Tattonie in a skimpy outfit just feels wrong but I'm not spending 500k to my make my outfit fit the environment for a couple of hours.

^This. It's a matter of immersion.

I would definitely buy the new Thermal Gear if there were a A-Tab, but I'm not going to shell out real $$, credits, and most of all the hassle of switching mods to wear something like that when it only really fits in on 2 planets.

As for the credit sink aspect, most MMO's I've seen with A-Tabs have a sliding cost scale for additional appearance slots where the first couple of slots are relatively cheaper but get very expensive quickly after that.

I would definitely buy the new Thermal Gear if there were a A-Tab, but I'm not going to shell out real $$, credits, and most of all the hassle of switching mods to wear something like that when it only really fits in on 2 planets.

As for the credit sink aspect, most MMO's I've seen with A-Tabs have a sliding cost scale for additional appearance slots where the first couple of slots are relatively cheaper but get very expensive quickly after that.

This sums up the points I was going to make. I would be all for this.

If they made appearance tab slots fairly expensive with credits I think it would be just fine. Maybe a complimentary cheap slot and then the next ones are 250k, 500k, 750k, 1mill. Because the simple fact of the matter is that many people change outfits extremely rarely because of the cost involved.

I would also buy the Thermal gear if I had a way to display it without modding it. It costs about 33k to pull mods, 30k to add an augment slot, and on my server MK-9 kits are 90k and augments themselves are 120k for purples. So that's approximately 270k credits per piece of gear to get them modded the first time and 160k to move them to a new piece of gear. Tedious but possible to aug yourself out once, utterly ridiculous to change looks more than rarely.

I understand the necessity of credit sinks but games with appearance tabs seem to get by fine. And I also feel armor would sell even better than it does already if people were able to display them more. Armor already sells like hotcakes, now imagine people don't have to spend 1mill+ to change their look.

I agree with the others here. The appearance system in this game is terrible. The dye mechanics are the worst and this moddable gear stuff doesn't work either. I wish the developers would take a lesson from LOTRO, at least in this department.

which is why I am passing on the Thermal Gear as well. Looks great, but only appropriate on two planets. For the cost it would take to use that gear with the current system I have zero desire to own this set.

Edited by illgot

*glances at OP's complaint*

*glances at the hundreds of various Orange/Purple modifiable gear*

*glances at the various colors of dye as well as the number slots for a full unique look*

*proceeds to start laughing with no intent to stop*

Yeah, an appearance tab would completely invalidate the game's current cosmetic armor system and remove the need for a lot (most?) of the CM armors.

This is never going to happen. Ever.

Yeah, an appearance tab would completely invalidate the game's current cosmetic armor system and remove the need for a lot (most?) of the CM armors.

This is never going to happen. Ever.

Not if they limited what types of armors can be placed in the A-Tab.

I have 10 characters. three level 55s, two level 50s, and the rest in the 30s and 40s.

I have spent very little pulling out mods to retain my preferred look. Leveling up my toons I use Planetary Coms to upgrade my gear so never incurred a cost to remove my mods to keep my look. If I ever wanted to change my look I just waiting until the next level when I could buy a full set of planetary comm mods.

On my end game characters I did spend some money pulling blue level 66 mods at level 53 because it was cheap. After that I have not bothered pulling the mods because it is cheaper and easier to just use a new augment.

The current system is bloated and expensive. It is much too costly to change your look on the fly because you went from Hoth to Tattonie. It takes too much inventory space to bother with carrying multiple outfits just to fit your mood, so I just don't bother and will not bother until I get a full set end game mods.

I have spent nothing retaining my look as I level and I have spent very little on my max level characters to retain my preferred look because it is just too expensive and cumbersome.

With multiple outfit tabs I would happily spend money to switch between outfits. I can constantly upgrade my gear and retain a few different looks.

Make the ability to change a characters clothing appearance easy with a lower cost and people will spend a lot more money in this money sink than they currently do.

There would be an interesting difference. Most of the people running endgame gear mean purple augs and mods, so it's definitely a lot less expensive to pay 8K a pop to pull them than to work your but off for more elite and ultimate comms over a few weeks to replace the items or pay a mil on GTN for a new 30 or 31 armoring. Even if I were just running dailies I'd gear out in purples, just makes things that much smoother.

Secondly, I realize that you and I are in two different camps on the RP front: I get a look that I feels represents my character, maybe more than one, but don't change them often. You like changing depending on what planet you're on, so I guess in that way this tab system become more important. That said if you're just running blues and more about the RP then you can keep a few sets in your locker.

Maybe they add an appearance panel in time though, guess we'll see.

Now!

NOW!

NOW!

NOW!

NAOWWWW!!!!!!!!

You sound like a little kid. Shhhhh. You want LotRO? Go play LotRO. You want WoW? Go play WoW.

You want an appearance tab in SWtoR? Make a thread in the suggestions forum. But try to do it in a respectful way, a convincing way, not in a bratty little entitled child way.

Now!

NOW!

NOW!

NOW!

NAOWWWW!!!!!!!!

You sound like a little kid. Shhhhh. You want LotRO? Go play LotRO. You want WoW? Go play WoW.

You want an appearance tab in SWtoR? Make a thread in the suggestions forum. But try to do it in a respectful way, a convincing way, not in a bratty little entitled child way.

Do you honestly think that the Devs are sitting around say "Geez an appearance tab would be a great idea, but the guy that suggested it was rude so we can't do it."?

Your post post is far more rude, annoying and immature than what the Op wrote. You think that maybe his intent was stylistic choice and little hyperbole rather an actual demand? Take a deep breath and chill out.