The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

lightsaber fans

kajiraerin

Maybe i'll just become the guy who supports new ideas. Lightsaber fan? I fully support this and there is no good reason why things like this should not exist especially in a game about fiction. I salute you for finding this pic if you found it, if you created it yourself I salute you an additional 34 times. We need more creativity like this or else we are all going to be running around looking like stormtroopers, robots with lightsabers, or people who wear cone shaped hats with dresses giggling cause we discovered purple lightning. I support this and if you start a petition let me know even though it'll probably be ignored:confused: and please don't get this confused with raging, I just would like to see some new creative elements introduced to a game where everything is basically the same model with just a few color alterations...raise your hand if you have been to both fleets and can tell the only difference is one is blue and the other is red. lightsaber fans, whips, allowing AC(s) someway of choosing weapons other then what they have to may just invigorate and make the game less repetitive. And also I admittedly have played this game since early beta and will continue to do so. Bioware I promise you if you find a way to allow me to utilize a gun(rangehunter) as a forceuser(even just 2-4 moves) or allow me to us melee weapons(cathar sword, vibroblade and the like) and I do not mean shiv etc, as a non forceuser, kotor2 style you may just find yourself with one of if not the best game experiences out there. Edited by WizzDilla

Maybe i'll just become the guy who supports new ideas. Lightsaber fan? I fully support this and there is no good reason why things like this should not exist especially in a game about fiction. I salute you for finding this pic if you found it, if you created it yourself I salute you an additional 34 times. We need more creativity like this or else we are all going to be running around looking like stormtroopers, robots with lightsabers, or people who wear cone shaped hats with dresses giggling cause we discovered purple lightning. I support this and if you start a petition let me know even though it'll probably be ignored:confused: and please don't get this confused with raging, I just would like to see some new creative elements introduced to a game where everything is basically the same model with just a few color alterations...raise your hand if you have been to both fleets and can tell the only difference is one is blue and the other is red. lightsaber fans, whips, allowing AC(s) someway of choosing weapons other then what they have to may just invigorate and make the game less repetitive. And also I admittedly have played this game since early beta and will continue to do so. Bioware I promise you if you find a way to allow me to utilize a gun(rangehunter) as a forceuser(even just 2-4 moves) or allow me to us melee weapons(cathar sword, vibroblade and the like) and I do not mean shiv etc, as a non forceuser, kotor2 style you may just find yourself with one of if not the best game experiences out there.

thanks for siding with me on this weapon I was on deviant art when I saw it and it looked like an elegant weapon one either a sith or jedi would use:D

as I have said before lightsabers are not locked into one form or another they can have any look some have one blade while some have 4 some are whips etc those who are against the lightsaber fan are afraid of something new and out of the ordinary you don't know if it would work or not.:p

No thank you. I neither like the aesthetic, nor would I want to see development hours and dollars going toward something that's such a departure from the lightsabers we presently have in-game.

If anything were to be done with entirely new lightsaber styles - and I very much doubt we'll see such a thing - I'd imagine that we'd be looking at new advanced classes for Jedi and Sith that make use of long-bladed sabers, or shoto guard-sabers.

i think lightsaber hilts should be more practical than decorative.

with the fan saber the problem would be keeping the saber in that shape.

things like the curved hilt is more for technique.

though granted animations wont change but for hilt designs i hope we will see some hilts based on the saber style.

Instead of the one style fits all.

Perhaps something that incoporates and compliments the style of Sith and Jedi.

For example the Tythonian force masters lightsaber seems to be more for the ranged force users.

Keep thinking I will break the hilt with the more aggressive style of my warrior.

For practical uses derelict or ziost fit better.

it would be a nice idea and can be implemented as an unlock for those that want them.

granted its optimistic to see bioware implement the animations and stuff for it.

Though would be cool to see a lightsaber crescent blade.

Like with Chipp Zanuf from Guilty Gear.

While steering clear of copyright infringements this could be a good start on ideas for it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YrmoAdqKrI

They kind of touched on it with Starkiller's reverse grip techniques.

Lore and story wise it could fit with the Sith Assassin.

Granted as far as mechanics go mirror styles is more convenient.

lorewise it fits brilliantly with the Jedi and Sith legends whose techniques influence future generations.