Bioware: How to Print Money

Taw_Kobalt

Cartel Market: 1000 Cartel Coins

Alternate Ability Effects:

A Light Side Sith Warrior can unlock the Jedi Guardian Graphics for certain skills.

A Dark Side Shadow, can unlock the Sith Assassin animation for certain skills.

Cartel Market: 500 Coins

Alternate Ability Color:

Change the color of Force lightning to <purple/yellow/whatever>

Thanks!

I love this idea to bits, and would definitely fork over CC for it. :)

I think I'd like it most for the out of combat regen abilities. Grey to dark leaning Consular? Change the regen color to purple. Light side Warrior? Use the Knight's regen. Could be tricky for the non Force user mirror classes, though I'm sure that judicious use of hammerspace could make it possible. :p

Some aspects of this idea might not be acceptable for PvP, though I don't actually PvP so what do I know? xD

Cartel Market: 1000 Cartel Coins

Alternate Ability Effects:

A Light Side Sith Warrior can unlock the Jedi Guardian Graphics for certain skills.

A Dark Side Shadow, can unlock the Sith Assassin animation for certain skills.

Cartel Market: 500 Coins

Alternate Ability Color:

Change the color of Force lightning to <purple/yellow/whatever>

Thanks!

From a cost-benefit perspective, all that coding might require a much higher price. Like 4800 CC instead of 1000.

You might be surprised by how much work changing those animations WITHOUT breaking things takes.

P.S: Of course if they just flipped a switch then they could do it... and probably break the combat abilities

Just an idea for a new class of item that could be added to the CM: Cosmetic changes to abilites.

They would probably work best as "mood" type items, that when you use them, for example:

Change an Inquisitor's Force Lightning from purple to red, light blue, or another color

Change the color of a Smuggler's portable cover shield

Change the design of the Medical Probes a Trooper deploys

Change the color of the flames from a Bounty Hunter's Flame Sweep

Change the animation of a Knight's saber attacks (this last one may not be feasible, I'm not sure how much work it would actually take to change animations).

If PVPers were to raise valid concerns about competitive play-balance from not having abilities as easily recognizable (not saying these concerns are necessarily valid, but they might be) then it could be set up so these appearance changes don't display in Warzones or small-group PVP areas like Outlaw's Den or the PVP area on Ilum.

Throwing in my support here since when I tried to make a thread with this suggestion it never took off :p

While I'm sure things are different between the two on the coding side, this is pretty-much the exact same thing as the cosmetic options in Galactic Starfighter.

I like the way that system works for GS, and if it were reasonably possible to pull off for the rest of the game, I would love it the same there too. I do hope they'll be adding more blaster fire/engine trail colors to GS eventually, though. But they probably will considering that it's not even fully released yet.

/Sign

I think we shouldn't have to worry about how much time it takes to code / design, leave that to BW. If things like this caught enough attention, they would find a way of doing it ;)

This should of been in from the beggining imo, to give sense to a DS aligned jedi or LS aligned sith etc.. ability animation/looks swapping on alignment. But, having a choice without effecting your alignment would be even better

Edited by Omisri

I don't think it should necessarily be restricted based on Lightside/Darkside for the different animations, although if there needs to be something that keeps just about anyone from using the alternate animations, it could require legacy perks or achievements for the class the animations are from.

In my opinion I think it should work more like the color changes, where you get several options to choose from once unlocked via store or otherwise.

Edited by Nichos_Ketra

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.