Breasts, Butts, Big Hair and Lightsabres?

Samaul

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for ERP, I have honestly never seen it, ever. The only issue I really have is that as a guy who likes to play female toons wearing little clothing is that I get hit on all the time

If you know it's going happen and you continue to play scantily clad females, that says something about you.

then I get to have that awkward I'm a guy talk

Awkward? I have 2 non-scantily-clad female crafting alts and I sometimes get PMs from players who can see my characters' avatars based on something I posted in General. "Dude, I'm a guy" works pretty well to nip it in the bud.

STAR WARS PART 10 THE REVENGE OF THE OVER SEXUAL PC NERDS:

Don't we all just love the never-ending irony of someone who plays a computer game calling others "nerds" for playing that same computer game?

:rolleyes:

Edited by branmakmuffin

If you thought starwars was a romance, perhaps you have been reading too much twilight lately and need to go re-watch the trilogy.

Star Wars is not a romance but it is also packed with romance. Love is an incredibly important part of both trilogies. It is the catalyst for multiple events.

And the "love scenes" in SWTOR itself are just as tame. I mean, if you choose to sleep with people in the questlines, you basically just kiss them and the screen fades to black. Oh my, how shocking.

The game is not over sexualized at all. Yet unfortunately we live in a repressed rape culture where any woman showing skin instantly makes something "adult rated" and the woman in question a whore.

The issue is that this is an MMO and people are going to make their characters look ludicrous one way or another. Is the trooper running around in a bikini REALLY any more ludicrous and immersion breaking than the BT4 male wearing the most asinine armor possible, dyed neon pink and yellow, with the name Batmanthefatman?

Star Wars is not a romance but it is also packed with romance. Love is an incredibly important part of both trilogies. It is the catalyst for multiple events.

And the "love scenes" in SWTOR itself are just as tame. I mean, if you choose to sleep with people in the questlines, you basically just kiss them and the screen fades to black. Oh my, how shocking.

The game is not over sexualized at all. Yet unfortunately we live in a repressed rape culture where any woman showing skin instantly makes something "adult rated" and the woman in question a whore.

The issue is that this is an MMO and people are going to make their characters look ludicrous one way or another. Is the trooper running around in a bikini REALLY any more ludicrous and immersion breaking than the BT4 male wearing the most asinine armor possible, dyed neon pink and yellow, with the name Batmanthefatman?

Don't know why I choose you to reply to but I should mention, Starwars is not a space movie laden with romance, it is actually, as george lucas will tell you, his movie version of Joseph Campbell's "Hero with a thousand faces" mythology story structure.

In this there are several motifs that are covered such as the loss of the mother, the quest to find the father, the wise old man, the hero himself, diving into the darkness to emerge with and into the light etc etc etc.

The movie was not about feelings and loving and kissing and blah blah, again people are making it out to be some sort of babbling romance when really, those parts were merely injected i as a means to an end.

Also to the clerks guy, clerks 2 was a freaking joke and was all about a relationship blooming, no argument there.

If not for the starwars vs LOTR scene and the going away party, that movie would have been a complete write off.

How off topic anyhow.

To the dude knocking my ideas of starwars dress code, show me a topless jedi in a skirt, a sith in a tubetop and lycra pants and I will bow to you.(outside of this game of course lol)

So to everyone, I understand it is the game catering to the players demands.

It was whining that brought all the "alternative sexuality" into the game, along with the skimpy stupid *** clothes, I know the devs weren't having coffee while stroking their shaved poodles and reading a cosmo mag one morning and came up with all this on their own.

I just hate how society has to ruin on everything that used to be awesome with their conformity and sexuality.

Jedi should dress according to what the council says they should, sith should dress as sith, troopers should wear army issued armor, and operatives/officers should wear their assigned uniforms. Smugglers can wear anything, and so can anyone else in starwars.

If a jedi showed up to the meeting in he-man's chest piece and a skirt, im pretty sure yoda would "dude ***" his *** right out of the place, same situation applies to all of the above.

I don't know why I complain, maybe because I am on an RP server where this sort of thing is more out of hand, but it just feels like my favorite game is on a downward spiral from the point of view of people like me.

Maybe I just do want an enforced RP server?

Sorry if I offend anyone, you pay too and I understand, I just really wish I was more inclined to keep my sub come april, but hey, im the clear minority, and I understand that.

Ill have to settle for suits of armor and axes to stop my head from imploding I guess.

To the dude knocking my ideas of starwars dress code, show me a topless jedi in a skirt, a sith in a tubetop and lycra pants and I will bow to you.(outside of this game of course lol)

Ahsoka wasn't exactly wearing Jedi robes in the CW. Aayla wasn't wearing Jedi robes either in RoTS. Then we have Darth Talon.

So while it certainly isn't the norm, there are characters with outfits that can be considered sexual, though in the case of Ahsoka and Aayla, I'd call them practical and/or personal preference. Plenty of examples in other video games as well, such as Jedi Knight games. In non-visual material such as the EU books, the examples are too numerous to point out but as it's in writing, the outfits aren't memorable at all. For example, Mara wore body suits etc more than Jedi robes.

And to make a few statements before the hyperbole comes; yes, I'm a guy and no, not one of my female characters or companions wear anything "skimpy". Mostly I use a mix of Eradicator, Thana or some other things I like as I've unlocked many outfits with CC to be legacy wide. The skimpiest I have is on my Twi'lek Sentinel which uses the lowbie Jedi top with a bare mid section and one shoulder pad.

Edited by Jandi

I don't know why I complain, maybe because I am on an RP server where this sort of thing is more out of hand, but it just feels like my favorite game is on a downward spiral from the point of view of people like me.

Maybe I just do want an enforced RP server?

Ahhh, I see, I understand where you are coming from now. I don't RP, I'd probably never go on an RP server, but I do agree with you on your points as applied to RP servers.

Ahsoka wasn't exactly wearing Jedi robes in the CW. Aayla wasn't wearing Jedi robes either in RoTS. Then we have Darth Talon.

So while it certainly isn't the norm, there are characters with outfits that can be considered sexual, though in the case of Ahsoka and Aayla, I'd call them practical and/or personal preference. Plenty of examples in other video games as well, such as Jedi Knight games. In non-visual material such as the EU books, the examples are too numerous to point out but as it's in writing, the outfits aren't memorable at all. For example, Mara wore body suits etc more than Jedi robes.

And to make a few statements before the hyperbole comes; yes, I'm a guy and no, not one of my female characters or companions wear anything "skimpy". Mostly I use a mix of Eradicator, Thana or some other things I like as I've unlocked many outfits with CC to be legacy wide. The skmpiest I have is on my Twi'lek Sentinel which uses the top with a bare mid section.

Here I go setting myself up for that one, I should say, in original canon, show me such things, not in another videogame, or author who bought rights to the franchise for the purposes of producing said material, but the actual Star Wars.

Heck there are star wars **** movies for crying out lout, I know this stuff is all over outside of old republic, but I think my points stand about the jedi he-men and the sith she-men etc.

Here I go setting myself up for that one, I should say, in original canon, show me such things, not in another videogame, or author who bought rights to the franchise for the purposes of producing said material, but the actual Star Wars.

Original canon, as in George Lucas's first three movies released in '77, '80, and '83, and some of the books based on those?

Edited by beattlebilly

Thanks, I plan to.

I doubt it. But if the fantasy helps you cope, go for it.

Have fun running around cut pasting people's posts and calling them homophobes

It's your chosen viewpoint. Be loud and proud.

Also, how dare you insinuate racial motivations.

How dare you broadcast your intolerance and bigotry. But you did it anyway. "Multicultural" is not a dirty word, bro.

Original canon, as in George Lucas's first three movies released in '77, '80, and '83, and some of the books based on those?

This game is based on canon/lore that takes place before that time.

True that, have fun with your sith in miniskirts I guess.

Maybe we can have a lord of the rings MMO come out next where they all drive tanks and wear tron suits as well, but that will be okay since we will just put the timeline 3000 years in the future.

After all, it would be "okay on technicality" after all, right?

I doubt it. But if the fantasy helps you cope, go for it.

It's your chosen viewpoint. Be loud and proud.

How dare you broadcast your intolerance and bigotry. But you did it anyway. "Multicultural" is not a dirty word, bro.

I said nothing of the sort, and you sir or madam should probably be in trouble, as being racist on the forum is not allowed.

True that, have fun with your sith in miniskirts I guess.

Maybe we can have a lord of the rings MMO come out next where they all drive tanks and wear tron suits as well, but that will be okay since we will just put the timeline 3000 years in the future.

After all, it would be "okay on technicality" after all, right?

Does the technology to create mini-skirts exist in the TOR universe? Does the technology to create hovertanks exist in the LotRO universe?

That is up there with the lamest strawmen I have ever seen.

Does the technology to create mini-skirts exist in the TOR universe? Does the technology to create hovertanks exist in the LotRO universe?

That is up there with the lamest strawmen I have ever seen.

It's called "magic" "bro", and for all you know in 3000 years Gandalf stayed immortal with magic and invented the warp drive.

Ps. strawman??? We are not talking about strawman anything here we are talking about conformity to lore vs conformity to society.

That, and I probably should not reply to a racist like you ever again, so I won't.

It's called "magic" "bro", and for all you know in 3000 years Gandalf stayed immortal with magic and invented the warp drive.

Ps. strawman??? We are not talking about strawman anything here we are talking about conformity to lore vs conformity to society.

You created the spectacle of a Middle-earth that will never exist and used it as some sort of counter-example in your "argument." Do you even know what a strawman argument is?

At this point, I suspect you have simply been trolling the entire time.

People were 'at it' on general chat. It made my skin crawl. Thus I discovered RP is not for me.

I call shenanigans. I have never seen anyone go "at it" in General chat. /s or /e, maybe, but not General.

Edited by branmakmuffin

We are actually talking about if having "skimpy" clothing fits the lore or not. According to most of the people, it seems to fit just fine their idea of what the lore is. It doesn't fit your idea of lore.

Anyway, couldn't find my copy of the Silmarillion to check it, but I'm pretty sure Gandalf sailed over the sea to live with Valar, and I'm pretty sure no one there dies, ever. Gandalf doesn't need magic to "stay immortal". (Not to mention that I'm pretty sure he's very old at the start of LotR.)

I call shenanigans. I have never seen anyone go "at it" in General chat. /s or /e, maybe, but not General.

I **** you not, on Korriban. On GC. The whole Jane Austin. Whether they were trolling or whether they were being serious, didn't care, wasn't hanging around to find out. I died a little inside, and logged off and deleted that character quicker than you can say 'swift exit'. I still feel sullied by the entire experience to this day - irrational as that may sound.

We are actually talking about if having "skimpy" clothing fits the lore or not. According to most of the people, it seems to fit just fine their idea of what the lore is. It doesn't fit your idea of lore.

Anyway, couldn't find my copy of the Silmarillion to check it, but I'm pretty sure Gandalf sailed over the sea to live with Valar, and I'm pretty sure no one there dies, ever. Gandalf doesn't need magic to "stay immortal". (Not to mention that I'm pretty sure he's very old at the start of LotR.)

Right....

I only said the LOTR thing to outline that anyone can change something to suit their desires, that does not mean everyone is going to agree with or like it.

Hows about one more?

Wand-Trek, in the future, further along than any recorded lore, technology becomes obsolete in many ways because human evolution spawns the ability to wield magic in all it's forms.

Gods are discovered to be ruling the entire universe, and fleets now bow to their psychic commands, and everyone no longer needs to wear clothing, so they simply do not.

It can work, but way to soil something awesome from childhood.

Right....

I only said the LOTR thing to outline that anyone can change something to suit their desires, that does not mean everyone is going to agree with or like it.

Hows about one more?

Wand-Trek, in the future, further along than any recorded lore, technology becomes obsolete in many ways because human evolution spawns the ability to wield magic in all it's forms.

Gods are discovered to be ruling the entire universe, and fleets now bow to their psychic commands, and everyone no longer needs to wear clothing, so they simply do not.

It can work, but way to soil something awesome from childhood.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the lore of Star Trek, so I can't say if that would fit the Star Trek lore. However, doing something that would be directly against the canon (i.e. Gandalf suddenly staying in Middle-Earth and inventing hovertanks instead of sailing over the sea) and putting in something that haven't been covered by the lore at all (i.e. in the Star Wars movies, no sith wear miniskirts, but at no point does Yoda say "The sith never wear miniskirts", so it's up to one's interpretation to decide if the sith never wear miniskirts or if just the current sith deciding that they don't want to wear miniskirts) are different things.

Not to mention that it's not logical: why would Gandalf invent hovertanks? He seemed to be completely fine without them. But why would a sith wear a miniskirt instead of a normal skirt? Maybe she's trying to distract her male opponents, or make people underestimate her. Maybe she wears it because it annoyes her die hard traditionalist enemies in sith politics. Maybe she wears it because she's so powerful that she can wear whatever she wants, even a pink miniskirt.

I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the lore of Star Trek, so I can't say if that would fit the Star Trek lore. However, doing something that would be directly against the canon (i.e. Gandalf suddenly staying in Middle-Earth and inventing hovertanks instead of sailing over the sea) and putting in something that haven't been covered by the lore at all (i.e. in the Star Wars movies, no sith wear miniskirts, but at no point does Yoda say "The sith never wear miniskirts", so it's up to one's interpretation to decide if the sith never wear miniskirts or if just the current sith deciding that they don't want to wear miniskirts) are different things.

Not to mention that it's not logical: why would Gandalf invent hovertanks? He seemed to be completely fine without them. But why would a sith wear a miniskirt instead of a normal skirt? Maybe she's trying to distract her male opponents, or make people underestimate her. Maybe she wears it because it annoyes her die hard traditionalist enemies in sith politics. Maybe she wears it because she's so powerful that she can wear whatever she wants, even a pink miniskirt.

Not to argue, but maybe G got bored over the sea, came back, talked to some dwarves about how annoying ork projectiles are and poof, hovertank.

Point was, what a load of garbage.

Jedi running around looking like trooper ******s, that is also a load of garbage.

As stated, I understand I am the minority here, most people do not want their experience to look or feel like the movies, I get that, I understand that it doesn't HAVE to, but it DID at launch, and does not now, and I don't like it. April 4 is right around the corner, so have fun with all this.

I know what is in store for me in the future here, I can and will vote with my wallet.

But you have to wait the couple months to rid of me, on my server at least. Until then, you can boast the changes you paid for, and I can poo-poo the changes I have paid for.

Heck there are star wars **** movies for crying out lout, I know this stuff is all over outside of old republic, but I think my points stand about the jedi he-men and the sith she-men etc.

If you strictly mean the OT then that's kind of silly for 2 reasons. First, there were only 3 Jedi total, all of them male and 2 Sith, both of them male. Second, they were made in a different era in real life terms, you cannot possibly hold the standards of the 70s to todays because if you look at it from that point of view, the OT was almost considered **** in the 30s.

And I guess you missed me mentioning Aayla in EP 3, who was at the time a Jedi master, wearing a tank top and leather pants. Though looking at your post, it's hardly suprising you would only consider the movies, with predictable hyperbole tacked in. How bout you count the number of female Jedi or Sith you see on screen in the movies, then consider just how much merit the argument has.