Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

So I play on pvp server, BUT where is pvp???

Ventrez

As the title say, I have 2 toon in their 20´s and I havent come across a single republican scum. I can´t even be able to go out and find them on my own. Feels worse then on pve server. What´s up with that??

Btw i play on heavy/full EU server Hex Droid.

sure you CAN meet others. First contact is tatooine. The last area, the big desert thing is shared by rep and empire.

I once drove accidently through the republic outpost.

Also alderaan is like that and thats where i am right now. dont know about the rest

lvl 32 at the moment, i've seen quite alot of republic on alderaan. Been in 5 pvp fights so far. I think if your allready lvl 40 your ahead of most ppl on your server and people who are that high lvl only care about leveling as fast as possible and not pvp.

Disappointed also. Though Alderaan had some nice world pvp after the first 2 zones... after that i've had to wait till Hoth for world PVP. Come on... whats the point of a pvp server without pvp...

Also regarding the Republic, were outnumbered 2 to 1 on most of the servers. So enjoy hutt ball!

You don't meet other faction's players until Belsavis.

thats not true.

i had my first fights in nar shadaar - was about lvl 24 or 26 if i remember right.

atfer i had many fights on tantoinne ( lvl30) and now on alderaan too (now im 38, but i lvl too fast through pvp warzones, most there are lvl 32/33)...

I'm 36, have come across republic three times so far. Quite disappointing.

It's because it takes a longer for mass numbers to level, there simply aren't that many people around yet. Slow down, start an alt. Probably not what you want to hear, but at the beginning of an MMO the faster you get higher, the more alone you are.

Also, WZs kill open world PvP: people are looking to interact with enemies, they do it instantly with no repercussions thanks to WZs (gear doesn't even lose durability in WZs) and get rewarded for it, most people will choose that because they don't want to make an effort to go out into the world seeking enemies...of course they'd go out in the world seeking enemies if the option for instantaneous combat wasn't there, and the game would be better for it. But then, the world would be better off without fast-food, too. Yet, you put it in front of people, they'll take it because it's quick and easy and they're too lazy to make an effort at something substantial.

From my experience there is no rewards for world PVP so there is no reason to do so.

If it dropped xp/valor/coin/gear/Mercenary Commendations there would be a reason.

Your obviously not a PVPer then. As most PVPers World pvp for the thrill of it, so i ask you whats the point of a pvp server then?

Just try to explore planets - Tatooine, Nar Shadaar, Alderaan everywhere i meet republic forces and have a pvp

Where do you go on Nar Shadaa? As far as I can tell the questing zones for Empire and Republic are separate with no way to get into the opposing faction area (yet for some reason they are still "contested" areas). Unless you hang out by the central taxi hub where the flashpoint shuttles are I don't know where else it is even possible to see a red. If I'm missing something please let me know.

From my experience there is no rewards for world PVP so there is no reason to do so.

If it dropped xp/valor/coin/gear/Mercenary Commendations there would be a reason.

Because it's fun...

It's a part of the immersion.

Not everyone is just out for gear, loot, or commendations.

As the title say, I have 2 toon in their 20´s and I havent come across a single republican scum. I can´t even be able to go out and find them on my own. Feels worse then on pve server. What´s up with that??

Btw i play on heavy/full EU server Hex Droid.

As much as this might upset people. BW built the worlds so you would have very little interactions with other factions till end game. I play on a PvE server. I am lvl 33 I have seen 1 Jedi knight so far.

It seems they built this system to stop low lvl pvp greifing. Camping people 30 lvls below you all that super fun stuff PvP failmores love to do for hours on end.

This why I alway play on PvE servers. PvP should be against people within 3 lvls of you. Are you really getting better or proving anything by rolling people 30 lvls below you? What massive amount of skill did it take to click the 1 button that killed them? I PvP for the challenge for the idea that I am fighting something that just might beat me. Not running around South Park One shotting ever new player and then dancing or teabaging them.

Wait to see if this changes end game.

As much as this might upset people. BW built the worlds so you would have very little interactions with other factions till end game. I play on a PvE server. I am lvl 33 I have seen 1 Jedi knight so far.

It seems they built this system to stop low lvl pvp greifing. Camping people 30 lvls below you all that super fun stuff PvP failmores love to do for hours on end.

This why I alway play on PvE servers. PvP should be against people within 3 lvls of you. Are you really getting better or proving anything by rolling people 30 lvls below you? What massive amount of skill did it take to click the 1 button that killed them? I PvP for the challenge for the idea that I am fighting something that just might beat me. Not running around South Park One shotting ever new player and then dancing or teabaging them.

Wait to see if this changes end game.

Yes ganking low levels sucks, but it stops low level pvp too which is the best and helps people learn there class...(BG's create terrible pvpers) and also thats what PVE servers are for! Getting ganked comes with the territory of a PVP server. (If your on a PVP server and complain about it...two words "man up")

Starting to feel like I'm on a PVE server atm... might as well call it one as thats what it is.

Im level 40 now I havent seen action in like 6 or so levels...

If you join a PVE server thats fine but I really wish people would stop trying to make PVP servers into PVE servers...

I thought I joined a PVP server I must of been mistaken. Just hope it gets better on Hoth...

Think of pvp server in a different light. It's not so much pvp while questing but the benefits of a pvp server are:

1. Since warzones are comprised of your server on a pvp server you get faster queues, and more competitive play ideally.

2. Ilums world pvp is guaranteed to be active once more are at max level on a pvp server versus an rp or pve server.

Our idea of pvp servers comes from other games, games that don't offer same server warzones and don't encourage as much community as SWTOR does. Let's allow SWTOR the oppritunity to put there spin on what pvp servers should be. Bioware put a lot of effort into the story driven quest and I'm sure wanted to keep the two separate. But there are great benefits at endgame of being on a pvp server if u enjoy pvp

Edited by Irishbrewed

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.