chests opening for those who not fight for them.

SomeConservator

Mmm....

Seen several posts that take universal positions of can and can't do.

Often I send my companion to suicide against the bodyguards, and go straight to the box, but when I click on it, I get the: Can't do during combat....

I have never had this happen to me with security chests, only with some quest goal objects.

Edited by branmakmuffin

You need to elaborate on your post a bit. But yes, if a chest is guarded, then you should only be able to open it if you attack the guard, maybe they could give the guard a key that drops 100% of the time.

I like this idea, purely so the chest hunters who loot continuously have to actually earn that loot (instead of just stealthing in and out :p)

The key idea is a good one for chests, as it forces everyone to work for their money, as opposed to just using stealth and sleep dart, and being able to snatch chests. As for Kolto Tanks and mission-related objects, I believe that stealth should still be an option. However, someone proposed an ideal solution earlier, which is to tie the object(s) to the combat status of the guarding mob. If no one is fighting the mob, anyone can swoop in (inside or outside of stealth) and grab it, but if someone is fighting the mob, the object becomes accessible only by the player fighting the mob. One potential issue which could arise with this may be when a player moves in to grab access an object (e.g., Kolto Tank from CZ-198), and then a ranged attacker takes on the mob, thereby securing the object in place of the player who got there first. However, in my opinion, those who are willing to work harder to access the objects are those who should get priority.

On a side note, I remember on Oricon, I went for a large security chest atop some hill near the Imperial base. I noticed a cloaked Jedi Shadow getting a little too close for comfort; obviously coming to swoop in for it. As an Operative, you have the option of using Cloaking Screen - followed by Sneak - to exit combat. This left the unsuspecting Jedi to take on the mob, while I ninja-d the chest that I had already been working on. Timing is an issue as I did fail with this once elsewhere on Oricon, but in hindsight, I should have looted to start with that time. But, just for laughs, Cloaking Screen makes for some good watching if someone manages to get too close to a chest you have been fighting for. Even if you lose the chest, at least the ninja has to fight for it.

I noticed a cloaked Jedi Shadow getting a little too close for comfort; obviously coming to swoop in for it. ……blah blah blah…….exit combat. This left the unsuspecting Jedi to take on the mob, while I ninja-d the chest….... But, just for laughs, Cloaking Screen makes for some good watching if someone manages to get too close to a chest you have been fighting for. Even if you lose the chest, at least the ninja has to fight for it.

I loved this part of your post because I do the same thing lol F*** the ninja looters, you're fighting for that s*** lol and while you're fighting the mob i started to fight ill grab that chest and then watch you die lol

I loved this part of your post because I do the same thing lol F*** the ninja looters, you're fighting for that s*** lol and while you're fighting the mob i started to fight ill grab that chest and then watch you die lol

The other night on Ilum, on my conc op, I was fighting the final mob by the Pirate boss and somebody came up and ninja'd the thing that summons him, so I vanished and let him finish fighting the mob and the boss at the same time. It was too bad he was grouped with somebody so they ended up living through it, but they at least put on a good show for me.

The pettiness of some people never ceases to amaze me. It's just a game. It'll be all right if someone else loots the chest you have your eye on.

Yeah it will be alright, I also said earlier in this thread thats why you loot 1st kill 2nd; however, its still annoying when someone comes by and takes the thing you wanted to get the one time you forget to do that.

Just this morning i was on Ilum fighting 2 silver beasts and there was a crystal next to it i wanted to loot for the quest, while i was fighting, some commando ran by > looted the crystal > and kept on going like nothing happened. I was in a group and the commando was flagged, I wish i had been on my Operative at the time BUT i was on my scoundrel because I would've killed him and camped his body for that…..I only needed one more crystal… I found one later but it took 10 mins for me to find one...

Edited by Jamalzero