It seems fishing does happen in swtor and its LORE WISE

Osoygatitalove

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one is arguing there isn't lore to support fishing somewhere in starwars. Period.

Why would someone who has their own ship and travels across the galaxy carry a fishing pole?

There are almost infinite choices that would make more sense though.

Not that I didn't love fishing in WoW, but It fit the atmosphere of the game much more.

there was cooking and fishing in SWG... fishing was actually quite fun but one reason was because you could stuff the fish and hang it on your wall as decoration. but that just goes to show you that yea you may have a star ship and have the ability to go to different worlds and fight in wars and have awesome adventures BUT there is also time to fish and relax and cook food and mix drinks

I'm not particularly bothered about this, but I'm never gonna be against more content, so sure, being able to fish would be kind of fun :)

And all the people saying "you're trying to save the galaxy" blah blah blah... well sure, but you gotta eat, right?

Sure, but I have a ship droid that handles all that cooking and crap for me... I am a sith lord after all...

Fishing wouldn't work the way you want it to if it was implemented. Players wouldn't stand on a beach and cast lines. You would send your companion off for 3 to 35 minutes and they would return with a catch or fail to catch anything. Sometimes, if you were down by a beach or a pond, there would be a clickable node that would yield some fish. Just like every other gathering profession is designed.

Cooking would be done by sending your companion out once again and they would return with a finished product.

SWTOR crew skills aren't designed to work the way trade skills in other MMOs do.

There is no need for a cooking skill because anything useful that would come from cooking in other games already comes from biochem in this game.

The point on cooking is to split different bonuses that cant go on "alchemy" or biochem, otherwise the number of recipes would be enormous for a single crew skill.

The point on cooking is to split different bonuses that cant go on "alchemy" or biochem, otherwise the number of recipes would be enormous for a single crew skill.

So, you want to take away from what Biochem already has in order to make Fishing/cooking worthwhile?

Or you're saying we should have entirely new perks added to the game that would come from Fishing/cooking? Like what? Medium-to-long duration stat boosts are already covered by stims, and burst buffs are covered by adrenals.

So, you want to take away from what Biochem already has in order to make Fishing/cooking worthwhile?

Or you're saying we should have entirely new perks added to the game that would come from Fishing/cooking? Like what? Medium-to-long duration stat boosts are already covered by stims, and burst buffs are covered by adrenals.

Anyone familiar with other Mmorpgs can tell you both can coexist.

As in other MMORPGs, cooking would give alternative bonuses, lets say if a "biochem" willpower adrenal gives you 120wp+50power, an alternative "meal" would give you 35endurance+20 power + 10% regen off battle.

Other bonuses could be 5% speed+ 50 alacrity, 5% defense chance + 40 power

Sort of.

It adds combos to the game that can't be placed on biochem otherwise the list would be too long, plus it doesn't only affect main stats, also additional stats that biochem would leave apart.

Edited by Osoygatitalove

Nobody has ever said that no people in the entire SWTOR universe ever fish or cook.

What has been said is that it would be ridiculous for the Player Character, who has a fairly important task to do at any given time, to go out fishing and cooking.

With that said, I don't actually care if it's implemented or not. My problem here is pretending you've found a trump card to all of the arguments the opposition has.

Fishing as a mini-game would be a fine addition (but I'm not gonna cry if they never add it, nor do I ever expect it to be added). If it were added and you didn't like it, you could simply not participate, as you seem to imply. We already have "cooking" as a crew skill (albeit only 1 item), and adding more items to cook would simply be adding more items to send companions out to do. Fishing as a mini-game is no more "too unimportant for busy heroes trying to save the galaxy" than bombing people with snowballs is.

Edited by branmakmuffin

I don't particularly care if they add fishing. I think its a waste of resources that could be better spent on other minigames like pazaak, sabacc, swoopbikes, etc, that are more common activities in the SW universe but that's just my opinion. If they want to, OK. I won't be sad if they won't though.

I don't particularly care if they add fishing. I think its a waste of resources that could be better spent on other minigames like pazaak, sabacc, swoopbikes, etc, that are more common activities in the SW universe but that's just my opinion. If they want to, OK. I won't be sad if they won't though.

Not sure why one mini-game is inherently better than another. If you like pazaak or sabaac, great for you, but I don't care about them any more than you seemingly care about fishing.

Not sure why one mini-game is inherently better than another. If you like pazaak or sabaac, great for you, but I don't care about them any more than you seemingly care about fishing.

I was just throwing out examples of common lore based games and activities, I would prefer if they were to invest time into mini-games that are within context of lore. They can do whatever they want of course, but I would think these would have bigger appeal to a large SW fan audience.

I was just throwing out examples of common lore based games and activities, I would prefer if they were to invest time into mini-games that are within context of lore. They can do whatever they want of course, but I would think these would have bigger appeal to a large SW fan audience.

Anything that give us more relaxing activities is fine imo, although i don't think fishing would consume that many resources, look at seeker droid, super easy mechanics, they just need to "reskin" it and add fishes into some areas.

Let's focus on the more important roll playing updates, shall we? Can't this go on the back burner for now?

give the man the " Eltonjohnian ring" so he can marry in game and let us space fishermans get our fishing nao. (SWG had this feature too)

Edited by Osoygatitalove