Kath Hound on Ilum

xXLouiseXx

I saw dozens of Kath Hound on Alderaan even none exist on Illum but you won't be able to achieve Beastmaster of Ilum since its codex are currently bugged/unobtainable, and as for Bogwings it's pretty odd.

Yes there are plenty on Alderaan, but won't be able to complete the beastmaster........

Like Asharl Panthers and Bogwings (the other notorious beastmaster entries), Kath Hounds do exists on Ilum.

However, they are only found on the Western Ice Shelf and only during the Gree event. (like now) However, they currently do not grant the Codex entry like Asharl Panther does.

I didnt find any Kath Hounds on Ilum right now... I searched all the Western Ice Shelf and got nothing...

The Asharl Panther did just granted me the Codex. I hadnt noticed I didnt have it and I have for sure killed dozens of them in the previous events... I thought they had fixed all the bugs but apparently not... great...

• 3 weeks later...
I am on Alderaan right now and have just got the beastmaster of Ilum achievement for killing a kath hound.. so you may want to head there to complete that.. guild friend said i was a cheat lmao.. but heck i got it anyhow :) oh btw this toon hasnt even been to Ilum yet but my others have..

I got the achievement the same way after the last patch this Tuesday.

I also noticed that the Ilum Beastmaster achievement was completely removed from Locations-> Ilum.

It was the only thing I was missing before reset and Ilum showed 100% completed.

Same night, a friend told me about it and I killed a Kath Hound on Alderaan.

In that way, my Ilum Beastmaster achievement towards the Galactict Beastmaster achievement was completed.

Wierd, but there u have it. Go to Alderaan!

• 10 months later...
I killed a kath hound on Alderaan last night (loc 1630, 848) and got the Beastmaster of Ilum achievement on my legacy. Then I spent a long time trying to FIND that achievement, since as noted earlier in this thread the achievement is no longer shown under Planets/Ilum, nor anywhere else I could find! I did find the Galactic Beastmaster achievement and observed that it does not list Beastmaster of Ilum as a requirement. Bizarre!

I killed a kath hound on Alderaan last night (loc 1630, 848) and got the Beastmaster of Ilum achievement on my legacy. Then I spent a long time trying to FIND that achievement, since as noted earlier in this thread the achievement is no longer shown under Planets/Ilum, nor anywhere else I could find! I did find the Galactic Beastmaster achievement and observed that it does not list Beastmaster of Ilum as a requirement. Bizarre!

Bioware reworked some stuff, pertaining the Galactic Beastmaster. Part of that rework included the removal of the Kath Hound from Beastmaster of Ilum.

You still get to unlock the codex entry though, so... No harm done I guess. Plus, instead of being forced to kill a specific Kath Hound on Alderaan, any Kath Hound on that planet will do.