Looking for SWTOR spec builds websites/pages

Zezel

sorry if your used to wow which has basically like a million websites for class builds, best in slots, rotations, best gems/enhancements, for every class. give this game a bit wow had none of this week one launch everyone forgets this. just like everyone screaming for a customized UIs, combat logs, threat meters, it will come just give it some time.

sorry if your used to wow which has basically like a million websites for class builds, best in slots, rotations, best gems/enhancements, for every class. give this game a bit wow had none of this week one launch everyone forgets this. just like everyone screaming for a customized UIs, combat logs, threat meters, it will come just give it some time.

that's like buying a new car, and then the manufacturer telling you that it doesn't have power steering, ABS, air conditioning.. and that it'll come, just give it some time.

in MMO, you kinda have to "keep up with the Joneses"..

Not really. I suppose in the spoon fed MMO world that has evolved where somebody with no idea what they are doing can copy what is on the web - having every aspect of a new game spelled out to eliminate having to actually "play" the game, is expected. Sure, this saves time, because then those same people will complain they are max level and want more end story content because they only did the "good" quests the web told them to do and didn't have to experiment with abilities because they picked the best one so why is Bio so far behind their needs?

Lame.

I find it kind of nice that SWTOR actually encourages people to "play" the game and actually learn how to build their character to be a refreshing change. To not have all the "best builds" already out there is both a pain (because to be honest, I like to compare what people say too) and a great way to keep me from surfing the web and instead playing (or typing on the forum during my 5 minute que time like now).

In the end, it's nice not everything is done for us already - it encourages game play. But to say it's required, well, that's just a request by someone who doesn't have or want to spend the time themselves doing it - and that isn't required, just a nice option that as stated, will be fulfilled very quickly. ;)

SWTOR's talent tree is already parred/dumbed down anyways, much like the WoW talent trees. it really doesn't take a lot of thinking to figure out the optimal build.

I had my BH healer's spec figured out in 2 minutes, there was maybe 3 points that could have varied, depending on the composition of the rest of the group, but basically, all the main points are exactly the same.

in my "keeping up with the joneses", i was referring to the upgrades such as UI scaling, combat log, etc though.

that's like buying a new car, and then the manufacturer telling you that it doesn't have power steering, ABS, air conditioning.. and that it'll come, just give it some time.

Nah, it's more like buying a car then asking the manufacturer to tell you exactly how to drive it i.e. weight on the pedal, specific tuning for driving experience, etc...

The game has what you need in order to play. Min/maxers will be posting before terribly long what they've done to get the most dps/heal/avoidance out of their builds. Then you can just cruise-control rather than figure it out yourself.

Nah, it's more like buying a car then asking the manufacturer to tell you exactly how to drive it i.e. weight on the pedal, specific tuning for driving experience, etc...

The game has what you need in order to play. Min/maxers will be posting before terribly long what they've done to get the most dps/heal/avoidance out of their builds. Then you can just cruise-control rather than figure it out yourself.

again..

in my "keeping up with the joneses", i was referring to the upgrades such as UI scaling, combat log, etc though.

• 1 month later...