Augments for Shadows After 2.5

blackthunder

I was just wondering, after update 2.5, what are the best augments for PvE Shadow Tanks. I currently have 69/72/78 level armor and stack all advanced fortitude augments. I have the shield amplification relic, the reactive warding,and 44k hp with 36.44% Defense Rating, 19.91% Defense Chance, 29.13% Shield Chance, and 34.61 Shield Absorption. Which augments should I use to better tank?

For me personally all Absorb but you may want the odd Defence one in there for Balance. But for me it's Absorb all the way, definetly no Fortitude.

Shield is something you should really only gain from your Gear itself, once you get geared up a bit with the Set bonus you'll have something between 55-58% Shield with Ward.

Defence you want but again it's possible to get plenty enough without any Augments, your not far off there really with a stim somewhere between 20-22%

As for Absorb, you want a heap of it, Im not sure what the maximum limit of it is currently but atleast I think you could probably get to 50% but more realisticly for some one gearing try n get it past 45% atleast.

Edited by Botho

By your damage reduction, it looks like you don't have the 4 piece set bonus armorings, which are a big help. Having the 4 piece bonus in 69 armorings is better than having 4 78 non-set-bonus armorings in their place, by damage reduction alone. Not only does the set bonus provide more damage reduction to Kinetic and Energy, but it also provides the 2% reduction to Internal and Elemental damage, as well, which is really nice.

As for your augments, though, it's looking like you want something of a mix. You're running a lot of really high endurance stuff, and not as high mitigation, judging by your percents, and assuming you take all of the defensive stat boosting talents. As best I can tell, your stats are around 272 defense, 428 shield, and 422 absorb, for a total of 1122 mitigation stats. Since your augments are all fortitude augments, you'll get another 448 mitigation stat points from switching, putting you at a total of 1570.

For my gear, I go by KBN's values for an average on Dread Fortress and Dread Palace, which conveniently just about averages Scum and Villainy and Terror from Beyond. I take the values he has for each 100 points of stat gearing, and I've linearly interpolated for values between those points (though I suppose quadratic would be more accurate), to try to find my 'optimal' numbers for gear. I did the same for your total of 1570 stat budget, and while you, predictably, can't hit the numbers precisely, you get pretty close. Without changing any of your gear at all, I would use 5 defense augments, 1 shield augment, and 8 absorb augments. This, of course, will all change as you continue to gear up, getting more and more mitigation budget to work with.

For example, I'm at a 2435 budget right now (just a little bit above Best in Slot Underworld), with 43k health, 39.99% Damage Reduction (7872 Armor Rating, 2 72 armorings (boots and legs), and 5 78 armorings), 22.72% Defense Chance (494 rating), 36.40% Shield Chance (56.40% with Kinetic Ward going, 844 rating), and 47.10% Absorb Percent (55.10% with 8 stacks of Kinetic Bulwark, 1097 rating). As my gear stands now, I literally cannot swap any pieces of gear without deviating further from my ideal values of 509, 826, and 1100. Of course, these numbers change every time I get a new piece of gear, but I enjoy doing the math, so I don't see it as a problem.

My biggest piece of advice to you right now: start tanking 16 person story mode versions of the new operations, and hope to get lucky in winning Underworld tokens. Especially try to win the pieces that don't give Alacrity or Accuracy, as they have no place in tanking gear. Also, if you have any of those enhancements, I strongly suggest you get rid of them in favor of literally any other tanking stat. And with that, I end my long walls of text.

I was just wondering, after update 2.5, what are the best augments for PvE Shadow Tanks. I currently have 69/72/78 level armor and stack all advanced fortitude augments. I have the shield amplification relic, the reactive warding,and 44k hp with 36.44% Defense Rating, 19.91% Defense Chance, 29.13% Shield Chance, and 34.61 Shield Absorption. Which augments should I use to better tank?

I use a mix of Shield and Absorb augments myself.

All but one armorings are 78 and I'm hoping to get that sorted this week to finally reach 40% dmg reduction. My defense chance is about 19.7% and I use a stim to push it over 20% when I'm doing operations. Shield chance is 40% and Absorption is 45%. I guess I could tweak those values a bit more but I'm not fussed since most DF/DP HM bosses go down easily.

Edited by slafko

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.