Working as intended...

Ahebish

Dude shroud stops everything but white damage. Evasion in the only two MMOs I've played has dodged only melee/ranged attacks, same as it does here. In this game, it also cleanses dots, but that's probably only because the other "rogue" class got cloak of shadows, but no evasion.

Evasion for a rogue in wow doesn't dodge magic attacks. Doesn't dodge them here, either. That's what cloak of shadows (force shroud) is for. The only dots in this game that can't be reapplied during Evasion are warrior dots (excluding force crush) as they require a melee attack to hit you for the dot to be applied (Rupture, Shatter, Deadly Sabers, Impale, etc) which will of course miss during evasion.

I know shroud stops everything, but and it's been this way for a long time long before you ever played this game. And that's the arguement that concealments brought to the table from over a year ago... It's an overpowered skill for a stealth class that does more damage than us consistantly. We need a better evasion bare minimum... in addition to an increase in damage is the point I'm trying to make.

Evasion

Instant

2 min cooldown

Requires Rogue

Requires level 8

Increases your dodge chance by 100% for 10 sec.

The exact same description as this game. The difference is evasion in this game DOES NOT work the way it does in wow... 100% dodge chance in wow means NOTHING BUT AOE CAN HIT YOU. and yes it does indeed avoid magical direct attacks. I used to play rated 2v2 arena's in wow, WITH a rogue as my partner, while I was a pure feral kitty, and not a shapeshifting idiot like most fail feral specs. When I fought a rogue that used evasion on my feral my first go to skill was swipe which is a "melee" AOE damage skill that goes through his 100% dodge chance.

You need to look up the definition of 100% Dodge Chance. Because no where in EITHER description from EITHER game, does it limit it's use specifically to melee/ranged in the way you describe.

What makes Shroud overpowered is the fact that ALL glowstickers can use saber ward or their equivalent to it, WHICH STOPS RANGED/MELEE Making them nearly 100% invulnerable to all damage types for 3-5 seconds after which ONLY tech/elemental/force damage can damage them.

Now compare it to our "Shield probe" which is a *********** joke and everyone knows it. How about they change the shield probe from absorb to "reflects" damage types for 15 seconds. Such as Tech/Force damage or whatever. In combination with evasion makes our defensive CD's on equal terms with assassins.

Impale dot can't be removed with evasion the other 2 dots can.

Ask me how I know this? Because one of the best jugs I know of and I used to duel regularly and I could never figure out how or why he kept pulling me out of cloaking screen and evasion.... Note: This jug is playing now on my server and he consistantly pulls 700k-1mil damage per warzone in vengeance spec... he's that good at it. He says if he uses smash spec, nothing can touch him on the damage charts, but he finds smash spec boring and doesn't use it.

I learned a long time ago impale is an unpurgeable dot for vengeance spec. Maybe they changed it since then, but to my knowledge no, it cannot be removed or cleansed and is immune to Evasion purge.

Edited by Ahebish

Man you don't know your damage types AT ALL.

TYPES OF ATTACKS: Melee, Ranged, Force, Tech

Note: Melee and Ranged abilities ALWAYS deal Weapon* damage.

TYPES OF DAMAGE: Kinetic, Energy, Internal, Elemental, Weapon* (ALWAYS either Energy or Kinetic)

Force Shroud grants immunity to Force and Tech attack types, and any types of damage those attacks deals. For instance:

• Force Lightning - a FORCE attack that deals ENERGY damage
  • Crushing Darkness - a FORCE attack that deals KINETIC damage
  • Flamethrower - a TECH attack that deals ELEMENTAL damage
  • Corrosive Dart - a TECH attack that deals INTERNAL damage

Notice those 4 abilities are either Force of Tech TYPES OF ATTACKS, but they each deal a different TYPE OF DAMAGE. Force Shroud will grant you immunity to all 4 of these attacks and all other Force and Tech TYPES OF ATTACKS regardless or the TYPE OF DAMAGE.

As for Evasion.. It grants immunity to Melee and Ranged attack types. For Instance:

• Snipe - a RANGED attack that deals WEAPON damage
  • Ravage - a MELEE attack that deals WEAPON damage

These 2 abilities are Ranged and Melee TYPES OF ATTACKS and therefore deal WEAPON damage (either Kinetic or Energy). Evasion will grant you immunity to these attacks and all other Melee and Ranged TYPES OF ATTACKS.

Recap: Type of Attack ***IS NOT*** Type of Damage. Force Shroud grants immunity to Force and Tech TYPES OF ATTACKS whereas Evasion grants immunity to Melee and Range TYPES OF ATTACKS.

Hope this clears things up.

Now look up the damage type of Acid Blade dot.

Tech & Internal = 0 damage while force shrould is active. So our sister stealth class has a DIRECT counter to our bread and butter damage ability, but we do not have one against theirs? I call that a balance issue.

Melee and Ranged are indeed kinetic and energy weapon damage WITH Tech and internal damage types applied to them = nearly 0 damage to target while force shroud + saber ward is active.

The only skill that goes through force shroud is Rifle shot, and Overload Shot. That of course is assuming they do not have Saber ward up in which case THAT TOO does NOT work. (50% kinetic and energy Deflect Chance)

Recap: Learn what skills other classes have before you make comments without considering ALL OF THE FACTORS INVOLVED when considering skill type availability.

Edited by Ahebish

Stopped reading at rogue partner. Wow evasion does not, did not and will never avoid magic damage and if you didn't powershift on your druid you were terrible at that too. I've had a rogue since 04 and played this game since beta. Get real dude.

Edit: Went back and read it. Saber ward and deflection are two different abilities, but neither do what you describe. Not only is the impale dot removable with evasion, we can cleanse it outright baseline as DPS. Do you actually know anything about this game at all? Almost every post I've seen from you is totally filled with misinformation lol

Vengeance has a dot that can be applied while you have evasion active via force scream, but it takes a couple ticks to break you out of stealth as it hits for nothing (like 100 in obroan) and can be cleansed via cleanse as its a physical dot (bleed).

Edited by Racter

Now look up the damage type of Acid Blade dot.

Tech & Internal = 0 damage while force shrould is active. So our sister stealth class has a DIRECT counter to our bread and butter damage ability, but we do not have one against theirs? I call that a balance issue.

Melee and Ranged are indeed kinetic and energy weapon damage WITH Tech and internal damage types applied to them = nearly 0 damage to target while force shroud + saber ward is active.

The only skill that goes through force shroud is Rifle shot, and Overload Shot. That of course is assuming they do not have Saber ward up in which case THAT TOO does NOT work. (50% kinetic and energy Deflect Chance)

Recap: Learn what skills other classes have before you make comments without considering ALL OF THE FACTORS INVOLVED when considering skill type availability.

You should practice what you preach, my friend, and learn the skills of other classes. Saber Ward is a Juggernaut/Marauder ability, not an Assassin ability.

Also, just because Assassins have a skill that negates the damage of our key abilities doesn't mean that we should have one to negate theirs. That's not how balance works. Are you saying they should give us a Force Shroud type of ability AND let us keep Evasion? Because they may as well just give us Undying Rage then.

Another point.. Assuming you mean Deflection when you say Saber Ward, it grants 50% deflection chance for MELEE and RANGED, not Energy and Kinetic. If an Assassin uses Deflection and someone like a Sorcerer uses Crushing Darkness (kinetic damage) and Force Lightning (energy damage), it will still damage the Assassin.

In short.. you don't know the difference between type of attacks and types of damage even after my explanation (which I'm just going to assume you didn't read). Just because a class you've dubbed our "sister class" has an ability that negates our damage does not mean we should have one that negates theirs.

Please, just stop.

Stopped reading at rogue partner. Wow evasion does not, did not and will never avoid magic damage and if you didn't powershift on your druid you were terrible at that too. I've had a rogue since 04 and played this game since beta. Get real dude.

Edit: Went back and read it. Saber ward and deflection are two different abilities, but neither do what you describe. Not only is the impale dot removable with evasion, we can cleanse it outright baseline as DPS. Do you actually know anything about this game at all? Almost every post I've seen from you is totally filled with misinformation lol

Tell that to the 2500 rated players I roflstomped because they shape shifted lol

Like I said, I'm no scrub to PVP as I've been PVP'ing MMO's for over 10 years now... I have the benefit of experience compared to most.

And no I would utterly crush shapeshifters in my own spec, it wasn't even fun for me anymore it was that easy to kill them. And I did it with previous season gear to boot. I was just that good at it. Because I knew the class better than they did.

The question is do you even know anything about the game?

I'm not even going to bother anymore. I don't have the desire to get into a debate with you about it, so I will yield and say you are 100% correct I know nothing.

Satisifed now?

Oddly enough Saber Ward and Deflect do the exact same thing, the only difference is in the fact that ward gives 12 seconds of damage resistance to tech/force damage.

I fail to see the difference, but then again I'm not ignorant enough to think they are 2 different skills doing 2 completely different things.

Saber Ward

Deflect

So to clarify Racter is saying, if it looks like a duck, acts like a duck even quacks like a duck... Then it must be a goat.

Point taken Racter. Carry on.

Edited by Ahebish

Also, I just tested it; And unlike Racter's arrogant stupid ***, I admit when I'm wrong.

Apparently they changed the impale dot it is indeed purgeable... however it did not used to be like this. And if Racter played concealment since beta like I have.. he would have known this, and said they changed it... but he chose to be an arrogant ***** about it instead.

So I will be equally as arrogant, and tell him he's full of **** that he played concealment since beta.

I did notice that as well; So if you cleanse once, the weakened lethality dot should not pull you out of stealth, which is nice.

The problem is those DPS sorcs are hitting for 8-9k crits at the same time... so I can't justify an unpurgeable/uncleanseable damage over time effect while they are allowed to crit for 8-9k.... Next time I see that I'll be sure to screenshot it since people will not believe me otherwise.

The sorc hitting for 8-9k is not the same Sorc with uncleansable DOT's.

The sorc hitting for 8-9k is not the same Sorc with uncleansable DOT's.

They can be. The initial hit of Crushing Darkness with Wrath (35% increased damage) can be very high if it critically hits and you have a decent amount of Surge. Same scenario with Lightning Strike with Wrath.

Also, I just tested it; And unlike Racter's arrogant stupid ***, I admit when I'm wrong.

Apparently they changed the impale dot it is indeed purgeable... however it did not used to be like this. And if Racter played concealment since beta like I have.. he would have known this, and said they changed it... but he chose to be an arrogant ***** about it instead.

So I will be equally as arrogant, and tell him he's full of **** that he played concealment since beta.

Considering I have yet to be wrong I have nothing to admit to. Maybe in early, early beta (like when we had portable cover and maras had no dcds early) it was bugged to not get cleansed or was initially a force dot, only thing I can think of. It has for sure been cleansable since launch.

Regardless, the amount of misinformation or outright lies in your posts are too much to let slide. lol

Edit: I went back and watched the video you posted. Wasn't the one I was originally thinking of, you only click half of your abilities and backpedal, not all and keyboard turn. My mistake :rolleyes:

Edited by Racter