Node Guard Love

Puja

1. Add an achievement and title for Guard MVP (holding nodes) and perhaps a second for Seige MVP (taking nodes) to compliment the Kill MVP and Assist MVP achievements.

2. Give objective points for holding a node blue. You often win matches this way, but there is no indication at the end of the match that you were doing anything. Perhaps reward a half or third as many points for keeping a contested node blue as you would if it were green.

Edited by Puja

Agreed. The last few days I've foung myself usua;ly being the first to a node and just circling that sucker as close and fast as possible the whole match. At the end of the game Ive got zero kills and zero deaths, and oftem a bunch more zeros in everything but objective points. You do get medals for the time spent holding though.

You are rewarded a medal for guarding a node. Bronze for remaining within a short distance for one minute, silver for two minutes, etc. These are just like earning Defense medals in ground PvP. Edited by Hyde_v

You are rewarded a medal for guarding a node. Bronze for remaining within a short distance for one minute, silver for two minutes, etc. These are just like earning Defense medals in ground PvP.

Medals yea, but there's no MVP achievement like there is to kills or assist.

You are rewarded a medal for guarding a node. Bronze for remaining within a short distance for one minute, silver for two minutes, etc. These are just like earning Defense medals in ground PvP.

That is for green nodes. I'm talking about keeping a node blue.

It's 2 minutes for a bronze, 4 minutes for a silver and 6 minutes for a gold. Heh, I too have been that guy with all 0's and 400-500 objective points. This usually happens in 8 vs 8 's though, I don't think I've seen anyone do this in 12 vs 12's.

As for holding the node neutral, I don't think that's really necessary. Besides you get attacker points if you do hold it long enough for teammates to come in and clear them off you so you can get the node. Adding this kinda feels like double dipping.

I kinda like the achievement idea though. I know what you mean, you get one for kills and assists but nothing for objective points. Seeing how it really has zero bearing on anything other than a cool achievement unlock, I don't see why not...and I'm not even an achievement hunter.

Edited by Ridickilis

I feel it would be appropriate. I often end up circling a node at 2 feet while two small ships try to own me- that's definitely helping the team, because the rest of the map has a net gain of one of my team, and the enemy isn't getting the points that they "deserve". It's very valuable.

Agreed. The last few days I've foung myself usua;ly being the first to a node and just circling that sucker as close and fast as possible the whole match. At the end of the game Ive got zero kills and zero deaths, and oftem a bunch more zeros in everything but objective points. You do get medals for the time spent holding though.

that just means you're bad at starfighter.

huarding a node means you should hold position, but see off anyone <15 000 ish from you, farming kills and always boosting back to the point to avoid it getting stealth capped

If one person is not humping the satalite, most of the time people stray to far away and it gets lost. If you humping, you get chased around and around, but maintain posesion, meanwhile you teamates can blast away the chasers from a distance.

unless you play imp side and the team refues to act as such, deciding an empty node is somehow magically cap proof... or that one guy can hold of 6+ attackers...

(even though i've held such attacks of a few times just to spite them)

1. Add an achievement and title for Guard MVP (holding nodes) and perhaps a second for Seige MVP (taking nodes) to compliment the Kill MVP and Assist MVP achievements.

2. Give objective points for holding a node blue. You often win matches this way, but there is no indication at the end of the match that you were doing anything. Perhaps reward a half or third as many points for keeping a contested node blue as you would if it were green.

Siege medal is already in game for destroying 4 turrets :D

I don't know what the distance is for getting defensive minute credit, but I think it needs to expand.

I like sitting a fair distance off of the node with my Flashfire or Pike and either blasting incoming enemies with a proton missile at 11km (Pike) or swoop in on someone's six and blasting them while they try to kill a turret (Flashfire).

Both techniques are valuable to the team for defending a node, but neither register much in the way of defensive objective points.

I don't know what the distance is for getting defensive minute credit, but I think it needs to expand.

I like sitting a fair distance off of the node with my Flashfire or Pike and either blasting incoming enemies with a proton missile at 11km (Pike) or swoop in on someone's six and blasting them while they try to kill a turret (Flashfire).

Both techniques are valuable to the team for defending a node, but neither register much in the way of defensive objective points.

Yeah, when I'm in my Flashfire, I'm only in range of the defending zone when there's no enemies around or I'm trying to prevent a by myself. Otherwise, I'm usually a couple clicks away, engaging enemies before they start humping the satellite. I'm still defending the satellite; I'm just trying to prevent enemies from reaching the cap zone to begin with.

Just got an advanced defender achievement; earned 100 defensive medals. Looks like it is in there, probably one for offense as well.

See my original post in this thread. I'm talking about MVP achievements with titles.