Nostalgic post

Alec_Fortescue

Two years ago...

- When 10 million credits made you sickly rich,

- When :sy_bank: meant something,

- When companions would load with their lightsabers drawn,

- When Nightmare Karagga's Palace and Eternity Vault were extremely challenging,

- When majority of players couldn't play PvP due to massive delays,

- When there was not even any anti-aliasing,

- When everyone was super-jealous of your Korrealis mount,

- When your jaw dropped upon seeing someone driving a Desler,

- When purple lightsaber crystal was a rarity,

- The smile on your face upon looting Champion lightsaber from a PvP lockbox,

- Rage of cowardly 'Pubs camping their base on Ilum's Western Ice Shelf,

- The slideshows of Ilum,

- When you could meet and fight players in the Outlaw's Den,

- When every new flashpoint was a great challenge,

- When our characters didn't have high-resolution textures outside of cinematics,

- When companion head pieces wouldn't disappear.

Share your pleasant (or not so pleasant!) memories and things that are lost forever which you remember from December 2011 :]

Happy Anniversary.

Yes, today is when Early Access to the official game began and SWTOR came to life!

Two years ago...

- When Nightmare Karagga's Palace and Eternity Vault were extremely challenging,

- When our characters didn't have high-resolution textures outside of cinematics,

Share your pleasant (or not so pleasant!) memories and things that are lost forever which you remember from December 2011 :]

Happy Anniversary.

Yes, today is when Early Access to the official game began and SWTOR came to life!

I remember those queues. Good times...

The only thing this ever meant was that the poster had been granted special permission by BioWare to complain on the forums about the CE Vendor. I kid, I kid...

Good list, though. I still have my Champion Lightsaber. It popped out of the first bag I ever opened. The RNG was strong with me that day.

Two years ago...

Happy Anniversary.

You forgot the famous Orange Pixel.

Using vent and chat in another game to find out when anyone got in (then realizing I'd accidentally rolled on the wrong server).

Old SS of my vanguard

Yeah... The armor issues at its worst :D

In all honesty, though, it was bad for troopers. Like, really bad x9001

I remember back when I keyboard turned and backpedalled and clicked, GREAT DAYS! not really

When this game wasn't fail2play and being boasted as forever p2p

It's what it should've been. F2P and the CM saved this game though after they made some big mistakes. So sad as it is that F2P was added it was what needed to happen after Bio failed big time last year. It's the players who lost out but at least BW did it in a way that didn't destroy the game as such.

And perhaps it's time to let go of all this whining about what happened then. Just realise this game will never be SWG and that in general the game has improved dramatically since last year. No point to keep crying over spilt milk as they say.

Obviously you are still subbed, so if it's fail2play as you call it, why are you still paying a sub?

My fondest memory from this game is still the first time I got that first ship. Total immersion there. That was back in game test though.

Fond memories from shortly after retail. Back when I was in a raiding guild... and when there were a lot of raiding guilds. :(

Getting up early on the first day of early access to reserve my character names. Got 'em all. Now, after all the server merges and such, I have them all back but one. Good times.

Edited by DarthTHC

I remember how excited I was when I first earned my lightsaber.

I remember how sad I was when I first noticed how many others have earned their first lightsaber.

(Take it as a joke, I just remember SWG and the first time I saw a Jedi there, it was a very special moment)

Gathering on Hoth with my guild to do the world boss and it bugging out on us. Was still fun.

Grinding bags hoping for the purple main hand and bring stoked after 14 straight nothing bags and my last 5 tokens were belts and bracers but getting the saber was a moment of joy.

Early access hoping I got the 6AM invite.

All the activity on the the starting planets and 4 Jugs smashing Black Talon.

Your first Huttball realizing what an awesome concept they created (during beta) and jumping from level to level with force charge.

Good times.

Two years ago...

Happy Anniversary.

When you never dared to spacebar a single conversation because it was all so new :D

When Consulars were running around in those hideous Tionese/Columi/Rakata armors.

I still do truth be told and I love my Rakata Survivor and Stalker armor sets. :cool:

- - - -

Either way, the game came a long way since it was first released to the general public and even though I can hardly agree with the overall direction... I'm still here, so that must mean something I guess. ;)

Overall, I just miss that excitement of NOT knowing what was around the corner, whenever I traveled to any given planet, for the next stage of the storyline... That and my uncertainty about beating the enrage timer on Gharj. Damn, how I hated that one back then.

Remember when:

-You couldn't abandon tons of quests and they would sit and clog up your quest log

-Your healing companion turned you green

-Soa would fly you through the air and then drop you on top of a stack of lightning balls that were waiting for you

-Repair bills from Ops could cost you 250k credits and you made none in the process

-Nobody got Sprint until level 14, nobody got speeder piloting until 25 and it cost you about 40k for the training, at level 40, 100% speeder training costs 210k credits, and at level 50, 110% speeder training costs 330k credits and there were no adaptive speeders or particularly cheap ones.

-You would have to wait 10 minutes to revive if you died too many times or go back to a med center

-You couldn't use your speeder in many large open spaces, such as spaceports, EV, Hoth and Belsavis bases, etc.

ps - I think I still have my banana hands

Edited by chuixupu