What would happen if ...

Jorojus

... there was a solo ranked que that would give arenas and 8 vs 8 objective warzones.. ( like the normal que now but without groups (more then 1 player) beeing able to que for.)

EDIT:

Lets take it up a notch, and lets say that we scratch the word "ranked" in the above sentence, make it so that the reward are only normal commendations and add instead a ranked que where you can que for, with up to 8 people (or keep it at queeing with 2, not 3 but max 4 players in order to not mess up the overall of 8 players on each side) that gives arenas and 8 vs 8 objective warzones.

8 man groups could have their own arena at any given time where they are pitted against eachother in an arena or both fight another arena team based on the queeing opposition.

So, we would be left with only 2 ques.

Discuss.

Edited by Jorojus

... there was a solo ranked que that would give arenas and 8 vs 8 objective warzones..

Discuss.

what is actually the point in that?

yolo arena que is bogus because it is just PuG with hardly coordination. ranked should be about coordinated play otherwise it is just a normal wz that give ranked comm rewards and will be treated as such.

what is actually the point in that?

yolo arena que is bogus because it is just PuG with hardly coordination. ranked should be about coordinated play otherwise it is just a normal wz that give ranked comm rewards and will be treated as such.

And the solo ranked que for arena is something different then what you say atm ?

Edited by Jorojus

it is just as pointless... a pug arena you grind for ranked comms, nothing more.

Soooo lets suppose, if all the "pugs" (player that is in the mood to play alone) would go in to this que. Would this give happy "pugs" ?

Edited by Jorojus

Soooo lets suppose, if all the "pugs" (player that is in the mood to play alone) would go in to this que. Would this give happy "pugs" ?

maybe the premade QQers, but then again there would be stomping there as well. then it will fraction imbalance, class imbalance or queue synching :p

i think it is pointless, because it is no "ranked" in a way. If it was there i would do it, because it is quicker way to get comms sure.

What i would like if your 8v8 solo ranked would come with VoIP feature for your ops group, so that you could actually speak with guys you are playing with. It would add some serious element of competition to it :p

It would be a lot more fun than solo ranked arenas. Maybe more people would queue for them also. Some classes can be a lot more productive in warzones.

I look at solo ranked queue as something to get gear in as long as I can endure it. Warzones added to the queue would make it easier to bear, but maybe have a gear requirement or something. Like until full conqueror -> normal queue.

maybe the premade QQers, but then again there would be stomping there as well. then it will fraction imbalance, class imbalance or queue synching :p

i think it is pointless, because it is no "ranked" in a way. If it was there i would do it, because it is quicker way to get comms sure.

What i would like if your 8v8 solo ranked would come with VoIP feature for your ops group, so that you could actually speak with guys you are playing with. It would add some serious element of competition to it :p

I edited the starting post in the meantime.

Edited by Jorojus

1. Separate Arena and 8 vs 8 and make it one queue per gametype

2. Scrap ranked and put hidden/personal ratings on everything instead

3. Add an on-site service record with a bunch of stats (games played, K/D etc). This would be similar to how Halo service records worked. They keep people entertained and allows us to set up personal goals.

I really don't see any cons to this. Premades are already playing normals and ranked Arena is a failure. It's time to condense the population and since the current population won't support an ideal approach, with separation of premades and pugs and a couple of different queues, it's time to give in and make the best out of it. At this point I'm not even sure if ranked Arena would survive with x-server (the time differences and lack of teams per region).

Edited by MidichIorian

1. Seperate Arena and 8 vs 8 and make it one queue per gametype

2. Scrap ranked and put hidden/personal ratings on everything instead

3. Add an on-site service record with a bunch of stats (games played, K/D etc). This would be similar to how Halo service records worked. They keep people entertained and allows us to set up personal goals.

I really don't see any cons to this. Premades are already playing normals and ranked Arena is a failure. It's time to condense the population and since the current population won't support an ideal approach, with seperation of premades and pugs and a couple of different queues, it's time to give in and make the best out of it. At this point I'm not even sure if ranked Arena would survive with x-server (the time differences and lack of teams per region).

Yeah, but the "pugs" (players that are in the mood to play alone) won't like that. In the biggest topic on this forum its all about pre-mades vs pugs. Where mostly the pugs are complaining against the pre-mades, and pre-mades mostly tell em that they can make a pre-made too.

So its about reaching a consensus between the pre-mades and the pugs here I think. Give the pugs that don't want to be in games with pre-mades their que, pugs that do want to play with pre-mades will que for ranked.

Or, f.e. : if a guild queed with 8 players, to beat this 8 man team, people will be forced to play together with other players to try and beat them, while not beeing pitted against them the entire time.

If the 8 man team beats the composition that is tried, the people that really want to beat these guys will search for other players to group up with and try again.

Its just an assumption.

Aaaargh I put people to much in boxes wich might lead to misunderstandings (stop tagging people "a pre-mader" or "pug"), lets wrap it up how it would be imo ;

- People that like playing together with others are pitted against eachother. Or people that don't mind pre-mades atm but still solo que will have no problem queeing for either normals or ranked.

- Players that do have a problem with pre-mades will que for the normal warzone.

- Pre-mades ( able to que 1-8 players) will invite additional players if they lost with only 4 guys in their pre-made.

Edited by Jorojus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.