Community Galactic Starfighter Thread

Hellinchaos

Wanted to post this thread for GSF and character names that queue for GSF and your primary role! This thread is for people that want to group up on either side.

Please post your toon name and your usual role if you want to group up with people as well as get to know other players.

I'm going to add players I've seen a lot in games or do well.

List of non worthless GSF players:

Imps:

Malrak: Strike Fighter/Scout

JDsniper: Gunship

Tal'rindar: Strike Fighter

Leeloo: Scout

Romofet: Strike Fighter

Malfieus: Scout

Cvn: Gunship

Cakefahrt: Gunship

Lormaru: All

Vaun: Scout

Xi'ao: Gunship

Ziara: Scout

Caedo: Gunship

Steelus: Strike Fighter

Venerous: Scout

Sevestra: Scout

Frequencyz: Gunship

Sinisstar: Scout

Jehannum: Gunship

Blue/Mota: Scout/Gunship

Saphia: Scout

Gover: Scout

Basticus: Scout

Ikumii: Strike/Scout

Na'kanlee: Scout

Traverse: All

Kingslaya: Gunship

Obscure:

Shazbat: Shazbat

Nikaja

Jayare

Binx

Guile

Malifeus

Underpaid

Nerfaro:

rancor-leader

rancor-eleven

rancor-nine

rancor-six

mournechild

Reps:

Alingan: Scout

Kendoru: All

Youki: Gunship

Thirsha: Strike Fighter

Bam: Scout

Lynx: Scout

Lev-trosky: Gunship

Holyweapon: Gunship

Maloska: Scout/Strike

Theegg: Strikefighter

Cym'baline: Strike Fighter

Hairyareola: Gunship

Agro: Scout

Xorra: Scout

Tragun: Scout

Barnabus: Gunship

Bin: Scout

Tythorne: Gunship

Lazy'Imps: Scout

Giovenii: Scout/Strike

Eldrinath: Scout/Strike

Kantner: Gunship

Edited by Hellinchaos

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a spin on the Imperial side, and I have to say, it's tougher to fly in an Imperial ship.

Imperials, with a few exceptions, don't know how to fly. 50-60k damage on my novadive is fairly simple, I broke 70k once. Do the same feat on the blackbolt, with Shadowland's Imperials for wingmen... it's nigh impossible just from q'ing solo. Managed 30-40k, but only 50k once.

I've seen a lot of the Imp pilots here, and when grouped up they're as deadly as any of the rep pilots. Good freaking matches that test reaction time and skills on both sides.

Pug v. pug matches, the rep pilots generally have more skill in piloting. I don't quite know why, we don't have that much of a disparity in population, do we?

Edited by Redshirtricky

Took a spin on the Imperial side, and I have to say, it's tougher to fly in an Imperial ship.

Imperials, with a few exceptions, don't know how to fly. 50-60k damage on my novadive is fairly simple, I broke 70k once. Do the same feat on the blackbolt, with Shadowland's Imperials for wingmen... it's nigh impossible just from q'ing solo. Managed 30-40k, but only 50k once.

I've seen a lot of the Imp pilots here, and when grouped up they're as deadly as any of the rep pilots. Good freaking matches that test reaction time and skills on both sides.

Pug v. pug matches, the rep pilots generally have more skill in piloting. I don't quite know why, we don't have that much of a disparity in population, do we?

The same is true for imp pvp. There are the same amount of good players on both sides, however, there are more bad imps than reps because of population imbalance. Also, Reps get more pops because there are less of you queueing so faster pops, more requisition, more practice.

The whole point of this thread was because I was sick of playing games with lowborns that when we were two capped and there are 8 people defending our node.

However, I did win 12 straight games today on imp side.

Edited by Hellinchaos

Blùe (Imperial) - Scout

Mota (Imperial) - Gunship

If I'm on a good team, I deal my fair share of damage. Nothing spectacular, but more than most. I love my double volley cluster missles. ;oD

Add me to friends, don't be afraid to hit me up for starfighter queues. I'm capable of joining any voice client.

Good Hunting.

Still like to give good Imp pilots a shout out, they manage to do great even when it's clear their wingmen are straight out of flight school.

It's tough when all the reps seemingly have nothing but gunships and flashfires.

Some people need to learn that flashfires have lasers and not cluster missiles only :rolleyes:

But ye, shoutout for Imp pilots, there are some talents there

Edited by AAntan

Solo q for Imperial side does seem to be an exercise in frustration sometimes....

Agreed. I don't know if it actually worked, and I won't name names, but I started ignoring character names that were performing sub-par in the hopes that it would not queue me with them. Whether by luck or design it "seemed" to work, as I never seen those names in my queues after ignoring them. If anyone else wants to test it, let me know. 5 or 6 queues isn't empirical evidence of any success.

Have your q times gone up after ignoring a bunch of people?

I think some of the frustration comes from not running in a premade myself. And before I get jumped on about assuming there are premades every time I lose, when you see the same four names pop up for 6 matches in a row in the same group, it is a premade. I could mostly live and do some damage, but their coordinating meant I couldn't push them off nodes and the team wasn't coordinated enough to shift objectives when they were sitting on one. I could do damage, but the matches were lost. Except for the last match of the night, where we rolled them and the pub team 1000-100 :).

Have your q times gone up after ignoring a bunch of people?

QUOTE]

I didn't notice any difference in queues. Anywhere from immediately to 5 minutes or so. But as I went I ignored somewhere around 10 names, and I started seeing what looked like possible premades on our side rather than a bunch of solo's. at least, I seen the same names in our groups reoccurring and those names were working together. We were still losing, as I was up against Holyweapon a couple times and Jakson a couple other times. They suck...in that jeebus where is all this damage coming from kind of way.