Community Galactic Starfighter Thread

Hellinchaos

Yes I am also hoping the interdiction change will reduce the amount of bombers on the server. I find that the matches that only have 1-2 bombers have a faster pace and are much more enjoyable.

It's particularly frustrating since most of the components that counter Bombers require upgrading a fair amount (gunship ion aoe, EMP rocket isn't all that great but it is much better when you up its radius and damage), whereas a swarm of bombers in the current meta is pretty effective from the start. Power ups make them even more effective. I had to shoot an upgraded hyperspace beacon for 4-5 seconds with an alt's strike fighter the other day... he only had the first couple tiers unlocked and wasn't able to do as much damage as I could have later with heavy lasers upgraded.

I like the dynamic bombers add (1-2, like you said, makes things interesting), but huge bomber balls are just dumb and stifling.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hull bomber swarm fights are only amusing when both sides have it and there's a giant vortex of mines and drones somewhere. Then it can be fun. Otherwise it's annoying.

I am getting pretty damned tired of the you-know-what bomber build that I pretty much have to run every other domination game when the rest of the team can't or won't attack the proper nodes.

Speaking of inexperienced pilots, I'd like to remind people that there are channels you can join to ask questions and find a GSF group.

For pubs, use /cjoin space. Its a ghost town much of the time, but I'd like to see people start using it.

For imps use /cjoin gsf. This channel usually has a few people in it.

I didn't know about /cjoin space on the pub side (or this thread for that matter). There seem to be a fair number of pubs on /cjoin gsf as well.