Paint Jobs Aren't Legacy?

Pingonaut

/ironfist

I wonder how many more people are going to realize that no PvP mode in this game isn't Legacy.

Ground PvP you are required to gear your characters separately.

I'm wondering where this want of Space PvP being Legacy bound so people don't have to upgrade/customize each individual character is coming from.

/ironfist

I wonder how many more people are going to realize that no PvP mode in this game isn't Legacy.

I'm wondering where this want of Space PvP being Legacy bound so people don't have to upgrade/customize each individual character is coming from.

The pure cost & investment to get the souped up items and ships. The items, I get. The ships? 5000 Fleet comms is insane to get on 5 or more characters, when the weekly and daily missions don't even give you Fleet comms.

The pure cost & investment to get the souped up items and ships. The items, I get. The ships? 5000 Fleet comms is insane to get on 5 or more characters, when the weekly and daily missions don't even give you Fleet comms.

Fair enough. The lack of Fleet Comms on the dailies/weeklies I can understand for the other ships given the similar boatload of Ranked Comms needed to get the second level of PvP gear. That sounds more like a design oversight.

For the rest, it's all Ship Req which is gained by flying that ship and the quests DO give enough Ship Req for rapid early growth which slows down the higher you go. Same with PvP Comms and gear. Not one piece of gear earned in PvP unlocks a collection for your entire legacy. Unlocking components and component trees is the same thing.

Even the collections menu costs CC to use so no point in trying to use that route as a "Get out of CC" Card.

Sounds like an easy fix. Add some Fleet Req rewards to the quests and call it a day.

But the ground game is not Legacy Linked. I see no reason to Legacy Link anything in the Space Game.

Yes, yes and yes. As someone leveling my other 4 toons right now I FEEEEEEL this pain.

BUT I love GS so much that I bear with it.

Sure would be nice to have it be legacy wide, at least partially.

Except it doesn't matter because doing GSF on gunslinger is exactly the same in every single way to doing GSF on my vanguard. The only difference is the toon logged in.

You gain nothing at all playing GSF on multiple toons. Except maybe one gsf toon per faction.

I thought this would be a given. What gives? I bought a $3.20 paint job for my ship to find out later that this isn't legacy, or faction wide?

Posted this on the Cartel forums but it may be more appropriate here.

I agree it should be a legacy wide thing. Or at least do like in the CM with some other things in giving you character or account purchase options.

Likewise I agree that ships (not components though) should unlock legacy wide. Maybe add a low level Legacy level requirement but Legacy wide things. It would be nice reward for grinding it out on your main since you'd be able to start flying the ships you like earlier on your alts (and anything that helps boost GSF population can only be a good thing).

• 3 months later...
Well... why the * would you level more than one pilot on Imp or Pub? It is set up perfectly. Start a character, get to 10 so you can pick up daily/wekly on fleet. By the time you can play you have a decent ship or 2 and whatever else you want. It's lilke the ground game - get the perks, on the character that did the work.

/ironfist

I think the OP is talking about cosmetic items bought with CC for GSF, not fleet/ship req bought components. It's more akin to a scenario where CM Jedi robes were toon specific and had no option to be bought via collections for other toons while every other CM orange shell set was added to your collections.

Which is a fair point, why are GSF items the only CM items that aren't added to collections?

Edited by Gavin_Kelvar