Male Bounty Hunter Voice...now with lisp?

Qelceda

Umm... no it's not common, I've never heard of "phoned in" lines, you want studio-quality recordings, especially for a triple-A title like SWTOR.

Source: I'm an actor who also does voice work.

I think you're misunderstanding what phoned in means in this context. It's common for some prolific voice actors to have their own equipment and be fully capable of recording and sending in lines on request. Even heading to a studio in the actors area and then recording/sending in lines would be way more common then flying them all in.

Different recording environments and equipment can make the result sound a little different, which is what I suspected could be going on with the discrepancy with the BH voice. The jaw surgery rumour sounds more likely though.

Edited by Marb

• 1 year later...
I assume this is if you trigger the Bounty event via the Carbonite bounty thing? I never did that myself, so I have no frame of reference.
Next event, go talk to the contact on Dromund Kaas.

You'll see that the lisp is just as bad there.

I have no idea if this lisp carried on into content developed post-bounty week because I immediately lost interest in playing my tough-guy male BH after I heard it and shelved him in favor of my female BH.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/may09/articles/deessing.htm

With simple level‑based de‑essing like this, once your chosen processing setup is triggered quickly and cleanly by the sibilants, the only real choice you have to make is how much to pull down the level of the problem regions — and that's pretty much a question of taste, because norms vary with different musical styles. The only thing to watch out for is that if you soften the sibilance too much you'll start to make the singer sound like they're lisping, and they might think you're taking the pith.

It's not a lisp. The problem most likely with your sound settings and sound card, because plenty of people hear the Bounty week dialogue with no lisp:

Edited by Kryand

• 6 months later...