Why are some ships ONLY attainable with Cartel Coins?

JamesDisaster

Because they look like cartel/black market ships.

At least they're ugly and I personally have no incentive to unlock any of them. I suppose like anything else, just a vanity option for those who really want them or to be different. It would really only bother me slightly if they were the coolest looking ships.

Because the expansion is free, and will be available to every player including FTP accounts, so Bioware has to make money somehow.

I personally have no issue with it so long as the ships continue to mirror models accessible without Cartel Coins. If it's purely a matter of cosmetics, then they can put a 100 ships out there and I'd be fine with it. That way the only thing you can buy through the market is a look and slightly speedier progression.

That's it. That's the whole post.

Because they are exact copies of the versions that you can unock for 5000 fleet req. each. Only the appearance is different. It is the same as with speeders, taun tauns , swords and other stuff that is only available on the cartel market.

We should be thankful that they do not sell "blaster power crystals" that increase blaster damage by 2% and last for only one fight (similar to World of Tanks and World of Warplanes).

Because they are exact copies of the versions that you can unock for 5000 fleet req. each. Only the appearance is different. It is the same as with speeders, taun tauns , swords and other stuff that is only available on the cartel market.

We should be thankful that they do not sell "blaster power crystals" that increase blaster damage by 2% and last for only one fight (similar to World of Tanks and World of Warplanes).

If I'm not mistaken, the cartel scout ships can use quads, something the defaults are not able to use.

If I'm not mistaken, the cartel scout ships can use quads, something the defaults are not able to use.

The reason may be because the cartel ships are counted as tier 2 ships and I believe are considered mastered ships for the 10 percent requisition bonus. The tier 2 faction scout ships should be able to use the same loadout.

Edited by Ridickilis

Because the expansion is free, and will be available to every player including FTP accounts, so Bioware has to make money somehow.

I personally have no issue with it so long as the ships continue to mirror models accessible without Cartel Coins. If it's purely a matter of cosmetics, then they can put a 100 ships out there and I'd be fine with it. That way the only thing you can buy through the market is a look and slightly speedier progression.

Pretty much this.

People raged about RotHC costing money so they responded with making GSF free but they've got to make money on the expansion somehow and this is their solution.

they are premium ships that's it it was to be expected

They are premium ship with unique looks, but with not the slightest advantage (not even difference) in actual combat values to their 5000 fleet-req-versions.

A "Sting" is 100% identical in combat to an "Ocula".

I bought one on the GTN for 2.3 million. I made half of that back the same day, so it's not too bad. So, like other cartel items, if you don't want to use real money to buy CC's - you can grind in-game currency to purchase those items via the GTN.

You can buy them off the GTN? Brilliant! Now I can get one without having to pay coins for it. I think the Ocula looks so much better than the Sting. (Ducks to avoid the rotten tomatoes from the Sting lovers...)

You can buy them off the GTN? Brilliant! Now I can get one without having to pay coins for it. I think the Ocula looks so much better than the Sting. (Ducks to avoid the rotten tomatoes from the Sting lovers...)

Really?! I think the Ocula looks like a pedi-egg with two fins whacked on it, but that's just my opinion.

I actually think the Republic 5000 fleet comms scout looks the coolest...like an A-Wing, which was my favorite fighter in X-Wing vs. TIE fighter....

The 5k Fleet Reqs use the same exact loadouts as the CM ships. A player can do dailies/Weeklies and grind out the Fleet Req to obtain the 1800CC Ships, which are exactly the same. Its a matter of "Do I have more time or more money?" Simply put.

Why? Jiggle the change in your pocket. Gaze at a dollar bill. Remind yourself what it is and what it can do.

Then ask yourself again why Cartel Coins are needed for some ships again.

If you still can't figure it out, get back to me.

The Cartel Scout ship is the exact same ship as the Flashfire Scout ship. Which is different from the NovaDive Scout ship. Sorry I do not know the names of the Imp mirrors.

They didn't use any of our sub money to make the expansion?

On another note charging for ships is the type of thing they should be doing, not charging people to convert their xp around.

They are premium ship with unique looks, but with not the slightest advantage (not even difference) in actual combat values to their 5000 fleet-req-versions.

A "Sting" is 100% identical in combat to an "Ocula".

yeah I never meant they had an advantage, its just they are premium LOOKINg ships, thats what I should have said

yeah I never meant they had an advantage, its just they are premium LOOKINg ships, thats what I should have said

edit: this paragraph was bad information

I dropped the 1800 CCs on an Ocula because I wanted to main scout and I dislike the Blackbolt. I've already mastered it and am currently agonizing between saving up 35,500 requisition to get rapid fire lasers and spending the same requisition on my Rycer. It's a deal I'd recommend for anyone who plays GS as much as I do (that 10% requisition bonus is pretty nice, and there's no such thing as a sexy Imperial ship unless you're an enormous Firefly fan). If you're not playing GS all day every day, you probably don't need to burn the CCs.

Alternatively, if you have a million CCs sitting around from quitting with an authenticator attached, there aren't many better ways of spending them imo.

Edited by Armonddd
that wasn't the post I wanted to quote