Sabotage probe

Tenacity

Anyone actually put it to decent use? I unlocked it the other night, since I was getting tired of cluster missiles that do jackall for damage and rockets that never seem to hit anymore... and so far my impression of the sabotage probe is pretty low. Lockon time is atrocious, seems to take even longer than concussion missiles for strike fighters, and the effect on the target seems negligible - half the time I cant even tell if the probe hit the target or not because manuverability isnt drastically impacted.

if the targets maneuverability isn't drastically impacted, then your probe did not hit.

If it does hit, the target will stay LOCKED in their current drive for 3 seconds. If they happen to fly forward, they will continue to fly straight ahead for three seconds, which should be enough to finish them (you are flying behind them already anyway).

Worse, if they face any kind of obstacle, they will fly right into it. You will not get a kill for it, but an assist.

If they happen to be in a circular flight, they will still continue just that... but predictable. They just cannot change anything on their flight pattern and flying pretictable means death.

I fell victim to sabotage probes twice last night and I can tell you, that it is not a good feeling to suddenly be a passenger in your own fighter.

Love it, hate it when it's done to me.

Once you get the engine cutout talented it gets even better. But it's a great support ability as is and good for node guarding as well, hit him with it and let the turrets do the rest. Another thing, if you are right behind him when you hit him, you can hit F1 for full weapon power to make finishing him off easier.

At least get the first two unlocks, the lock-on reduction and an extra 1 second duration.

I don't bother using anything else in my scout now, they're good once you get used to them. Did I mention you also get 25 of them? :D You know if you hit them because the small damage it does is treated like a dot. You'll see small double digit number flying, that's your cue that your probe did in fact hit.

Edited by Ridickilis

I got fairly good with it but didn't upgrade it very far, went back to rocket pods for the blackbolt, it works best in my opinion at B in kuat when you can get it locked, if they don't crash they have no room to boost ahead and have to slow down to avoid suicide while you attack. the biggest problem I have with it in every other scenario is everyone knows the 180 turn gets rid of it so even when the long lock lets you get it off most just "clense" it off and gee that did nothing let me wait 14 sec to try again LOL, oh and its travel time is very slow so even if you get it launched there is still a good chance the target will out run it in open space

if it did more damage to shields, like totally disabling them or if scouts had 2 secondary weapons I would love it

Edited by Vis-Tecum

Love it, hate it when it's done to me.

Once you get the engine cutout talented it gets even better. But it's a great support ability as is and good for node guarding as well, hit him with it and let the turrets do the rest. Another thing, if you are right behind him when you hit him, you can hit F1 for full weapon power to make finishing him off easier.

At least get the first two unlocks, the lock-on reduction and an extra 1 second duration.

I don't bother using anything else in my scout now, they're good once you get used to them. Did I mention you also get 25 of them? :D You know if you hit them because the small damage it does is treated like a dot. You'll see small double digit number flying, that's your cue that your probe did in fact hit.

I'm the same way. I only use the Sab Probe. It isn't a missile. Its not designed to kill your opponent (Although, I have finished a few off with it :p), but it helps to keep that slippery bugger in line for you to blast at leisure.