Queue for ground PvP *and* GSF at the same time

EzioMessi

Bioware, I posted this in the GSF forums, but since it just drowned among the list of complaints and praises, I'm posting it here.

Please Bioware, let us queue for both. Why should we not be allowed to queue for both at the same time? I love both the sides of the coin, you can't force me to queue for one at a time.

Don't force players to separate further and fragment the population. Let us queue for both at the same time.

And yes, I will shamelessly bump this thread over and over again, because I (and I bet a majority of the PvP population) want this feature really bad. Sorry if it drowns out any other good suggestions in here. :)

I agree that we should be able to queue both at the same time.

Maybe they should set up the pvp queue like this.

Normal Ground

Ranked Ground

Random Normal Ground or Space

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds you like you said you want a queue where Space and Ground are mixed, but no exclusive space queue (did I misunderstand?)

If that is what you meant, that would screw over people that don't like the ground PvP. Seriously they should implement it like:

Unranked warzones [ ]

Unranked Arena [ ]

Ranked Arena [ ]

GSF [ ]

Check mark what you want, leave what you don't unchecked. Whatever pops first, you take it. Decline a pop, and it should unqueue you from everything like it does now.

Is there really anything difficult about this system Bioware?

This is so obvious that I cant really believe they launched GSF without this feature. Particularly because if memory serves Group Finder was launched without it and due to repeated player requests tandem Qing was introduced.

Even if I am wrong and GF came in with tandem Qing it makes no sense that they can do it for GF/WZ q's and not GSF/WZ Q's.

Sort this out please. I love to PVP, no matter the context.

Edited by MystbladeWA

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but it sounds you like you said you want a queue where Space and Ground are mixed, but no exclusive space queue (did I misunderstand?)

If that is what you meant, that would screw over people that don't like the ground PvP. Seriously they should implement it like:

Unranked warzones [ ]

Unranked Arena [ ]

Ranked Arena [ ]

GSF [ ]

Check mark what you want, leave what you don't unchecked. Whatever pops first, you take it. Decline a pop, and it should unqueue you from everything like it does now.

Is there really anything difficult about this system Bioware?

No that is not what I mean. What I mean is people will have the option to queue ground normal only, ground ranked only, ground normal, ground ranked only, space only ,random space and ground only, random space and ground (normal and ranked) only. I think I have all the option here that are possible.

The other option would be for people to check what they want like they can do with the groupfinder and be able to choose from ground normal, ground ranked and space.

Edited by Mdgshorty

No that is not what I mean. What I mean is people will have the option to queue ground normal only, ground ranked only, ground normal, ground ranked only, space only ,random space and ground only, random space and ground (normal and ranked) only. I think I have all the option here that are possible.

The other option would be for people to check what they want like they can do with the groupfinder and be able to choose from ground normal, ground ranked and space.

Ah. Then we are in complete agreement up there. :)

Oh and btw. Bumpity bump.

Why not just have everything put into a Unified Group Finder? The same way clicking on a 55 HM FP button in Group Finder gives you a popup display of all the 55 HM FPs you can select, a new "GSF" button in Group Finder could open up the Hangar window. There should be fairly simple logistics to funnel the queue'ing through one tool like that.

And there shouldn't be any requirements of being grouped/ungrouped while you're queue'd, other than you can't actually go INTO an FP or an Op while you're queue'd for something else. A simple and very brightly color indicator should show up on your Ops-group-name-plate if you're queue'd for something. Naturally you shouldn't be able to queue for anything if you've already begun the WZ or FP or Op with a group. You'd have to first formally Abort the group mission that you started.

The logistics of it all probably has a fairly simple solution. I see no reason why someone shouldn't be able to queue for everything at once, and see what matches first. And even change what you queue'd for in 55 HM FPs, leaving yourself unchanged in the WZ queue or GSF queue. Maximum flexibility please . . .

Support this 100%

Before they changed the PvP Queue for Arena's you could queue for both Ranked and Regular at the same time. Now we have 3 queues Ground PvP Regular, Ground PvP Ranked and GSF and we have to choose only 1 to queue for, I really can't see the reason why we can't queue for all 3 at same time and just take the first that pops.

Main reason against this is the simple fact that there are a huge amount of idiots.

They que for both ground and star pvp...they get ground but really wanna be in star. So star pops in the middle of the ground pvp...and they leave for it immediately. Screwing over their teammates.

Yes, it would happen...a LOT.

Unless you forcibly make them leave all ques upon accepting one, which is a step many games forget. Also, add int he anti-leaver penalty to the pvp side of things. If someone leaves a wz or sf match mid game they get a debuff of "coward" for 1 hour of played time, logging out will not get rid of the debuff and neither will death...as long as you have the coward debuff you cannot que for ANY pvp.

Main reason against this is the simple fact that there are a huge amount of idiots.

They que for both ground and star pvp...they get ground but really wanna be in star. So star pops in the middle of the ground pvp...and they leave for it immediately. Screwing over their teammates.

Yes, it would happen...a LOT.

Unless you forcibly make them leave all ques upon accepting one, which is a step many games forget. Also, add int he anti-leaver penalty to the pvp side of things. If someone leaves a wz or sf match mid game they get a debuff of "coward" for 1 hour of played time, logging out will not get rid of the debuff and neither will death...as long as you have the coward debuff you cannot que for ANY pvp.

Well, o honestly thought it was understood by default that accepting one should remove you from all the queues, just like it works with PvP and PvE queues when used simultaneously.

And the coward debuff can't be so severe. If a guy's doorbell rings for example, he will be gone for about a minute. He could quit because it's less of a screw over to his teammates than AFKing, because it leaves the chance of backfill. Imagine how pissed he will be that the random door-to-door salesman has caused him to lose an hour of PvP?

A better debuff would be (this should only be done *after* they allow people to choose between Arenas and Warzones btw), to allow up to 2 quits within any 3 hours. The third should result in a 5-minute lockout and a loss of 5 valor levels. A fourth leave should cause a 1 hour lockout, and override their title and replace it with Coward.

Unless you forcibly make them leave all ques upon accepting one, which is a step many games forget.

This is all that needs to happen. You que for both and take the pop u want first. If people didnt want the Q for one or the other then they would simply Q for the one that they prefer....

As I said in a previous post. This is so obvious that it boggles the mind that it wasnt introduced at launch. I'm hoping they will have it included by the time the F2Pers get access.

Bioware, I posted this in the GSF forums, but since it just drowned among the list of complaints and praises, I'm posting it here.

Please Bioware, let us queue for both. Why should we not be allowed to queue for both at the same time? I love both the sides of the coin, you can't force me to queue for one at a time.

Don't force players to separate further and fragment the population. Let us queue for both at the same time.

And yes, I will shamelessly bump this thread over and over again, because I (and I bet a majority of the PvP population) want this feature really bad. Sorry if it drowns out any other good suggestions in here. :)

Umm, what happens if you get through the ground PVP and GSF PVP simultaneously, wouldn't selecting one cause the other to have insufficient players, which would annoy those who just said yes for it.

This is probably why they don't do it.

Umm, what happens if you get through the ground PVP and GSF PVP simultaneously, wouldn't selecting one cause the other to have insufficient players, which would annoy those who just said yes for it.

This is probably why they don't do it.

This is hardly a reason. Most warzones and GSF start with less than max players anyway. Should they get rid of the decline option in the queue window?

Besides, they can just put in a priority system. If both the queues can pop simultaneously, and they share at least one player, randomly make one pop and not the other.

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed. I want to queue for GSF, WZs, and FPs. But if I have to choose between GSF and WZs I'll choose GSF. I haven't queued for a WZ since GSF launched.

The idea of a unified Group Finder would be an improvement.

I would rather the queues stayed separate though, having a Group Finder style menu for PvP. Then normal WZs, Huttballs, Arenas, and GSF could all be their separate check boxes.

When queued for PvP I will take any match, GSF, Arena, or WZ that comes up and I will see it through to the end, win or lose. If it's Huttballs I will leave immediately. For me, Huttballs was unfun when it launched, it has remained unfun, and I don't see it changing without serious changing to the engine (like adding avatar collision detection for starters).

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.