Need to do smth with the Capital Ships.

freedoms

What do you mean, if you just turn and go away he shoots you? Never happened to me. If you are chasing em with your fighter, well, tough luck, but on the scout, you will not run out of engine energy on gunship chase unless you do something dumb.

Secondly, you have your barrel roll, nothing easier than to roll behind an obstacle. If you follow him so far away that he can turn and shoot you before you are back in the fray, you did it wrong.

I'm no pro with a NovaDive, usually somewhere in the middle of scoreboard, but gunships don't cause me any more trouble than other scouts or fighters, no matter what tactic they use.

You miss the point the gunshiop is camping the node. A scout chases it off and he retreats to capital ship.

Scout either dies from capital ship turrets or if he pulls out gets shot by the gunship that has turned around laughing as he snips the scout with no engine power left :)

Best fix is to reduce a gunships engine outpost by 50%.

That's ridiculous. First of all, if you can't catch a gunship in a scout ship from a node all the way to the capital ship, then you're doing something wrong. Gunships can't boost the entire way there and they have nowhere the normal speed of a scout ship. A scout ship should be able to easily run them down before they get anywhere near the capital ship. Gunships hiding out at the capital ship are useless. They could just as easily lead from you objective A all the way across the map to Objective C and wait for your engines to burn out and snipe you that way too. The morale of the story is that you shouldn't waste time and effort chasing a gunship across the entire map. If you can't run them down quickly, then let them go and you did your job by chasing them off the objective.

Gunships hiding out at the capital ship are useless. They could just as easily lead from you objective A all the way across the map to Objective C and wait for your engines to burn out and snipe you that way too. The morale of the story is that you shouldn't waste time and effort chasing a gunship across the entire map. If you can't run them down quickly, then let them go and you did your job by chasing them off the objective.

A gunship will only run for as long as he his being chased. If you only chase him 10km then he will only run 10km before coming back. No decent gunship is going to run all the way to the spawn because he took a couple hits.

The second his distance to target meter starts increasing rather than decreasing the gunship will U-turn and you better pray your not within 15km. If you don't kill him he will kill you and since he has you targeted now there will be no sneaking up on him either.

but on the scout, you will not run out of engine energy .

Never took an upgraded ion railgun shot up the arse before, eh? :) Zero shield, empty engine power pool, and even the pitiful base speed is lowered by 40%. Say hello to the plasma rail shot that follows 2 seconds later :p

The second his distance to target meter starts increasing rather than decreasing the gunship will U-turn and you better pray your not within 15km. If you don't kill him he will kill you and since he has you targeted now there will be no sneaking up on him either.

We are fighting in some environments, before that gunship makes his U-turn, I am shooting things in B on Makeb or C in shipyards, or anywhere else, behind structures.... If the gunship camps there just for me, so be it. But he usually does not, so after I blast some stuff somewhere, I can go like "oh, a gunship again" and repeat the whole thing.

Seriously you guys are just talking about ship stats and components, but you should realize that if that gunship wants the perfect view, he will not have slightest chance to run to the mommy. If he has the chance to run to mommy, he sacrifices his view and covers a fraction of what he could cover.

Any of you ever tried to turn a gunsip? You think you can do 180 in 1 second? :D

They have an engine that can auto-rotate to a target as its power. But then they won't have Barrel Roll for breaking missiles and speeding off, or Interdiction for slowing. (Tbh I don't find Interdiction very useful - I value the quicker repositioning potential of Barrel Roll so I'm able to better react to the battlezone).

You could simply play the battle as intended and leave them to run off. Your focus should be on objectives. Not afterburning 35k away to chase 1 player.

but you SHOULD be afterburning 15 ish away to farm the kills by flank killing them, and then getting back to the point asap, unless you enjoy letting your team get sniped off by refusing to haraass gunships and just LETTING them set up on you.

You miss the point the gunshiop is camping the node. A scout chases it off and he retreats to capital ship.

Scout either dies from capital ship turrets or if he pulls out gets shot by the gunship that has turned around laughing as he snips the scout with no engine power left :)

Best fix is to reduce a gunships engine outpost by 50%.

If you can't catch a GS within 20k km while on a scout- you need to put a little practice in buddy.