Why bounty event every month?

Rileysoph

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a rep faction and I love that it is a monthly thing.

So their reasoning is because it's a rep faction and because you like that it's monthly?

That makes no sense to me. I don't remember asking for peoples opinion about it I just want to know why they're adding it every month.

The reason is to give people a change of pace from the typical dailies. Also, it gives people time to build reputation, purchase rewards, and complete achievements from the event.

So Bioware thought people would take months to get max reputation? I got it on the second time it came up, and I didn't even play that much.

So Bioware thought people would take months to get max reputation? I got it on the second time it came up, and I didn't even play that much.

Congratulations? I'd just like to point out that you are not everybody.

When the event comes up, it doesn't even interfere with anything else. No reason not to keep it around. I don't participate (not since the first time), but I don't even notice when it is active.

So their reasoning is because it's a rep faction and because you like that it's monthly?

That makes no sense to me. I don't remember asking for peoples opinion about it I just want to know why they're adding it every month.

Easy, relax. It's there every month because it is extremely popular and not everyone was playing in the first month, or maxed out by the second.

I imagine they'll do something for the gree shortly.

Congratulations? I'd just like to point out that you are not everybody.

When the event comes up, it doesn't even interfere with anything else. No reason not to keep it around. I don't participate (not since the first time), but I don't even notice when it is active.

Don't like it, don't play it. Simple. Find a game you enjoy there are plenty of other MMOs out there you can play. Just saying. Clearly this game isn't for you.

Edited by Rileysoph

What's Biowares reasoning behind copy and pasting the same event every month? Is it their attempt at making the game more "dynamic"?

Has there been any new changes between the first event and the most recent one?

Outside of tweaks to the event itself over time, they've added some new rewards.

Also it's not copy-pasted just because it's recurring. Do you complain that Section X is copy-pasted every single day and doesn't change? Or that Christmas is copy-pasted every year?

There is nothing wrong with a monthly reoccuring event. It adds a nice change of pace and something consistent to look forward to (that you can't complete all at once).

Talk about ridiculous things to complain about OP...

Yet you're here complaining about me complaining. Don't you have anything better to do?

You obviously do play a lot. Which is why you maxed it out the second time. I only have Hero status with the BBA. I go about doing the bounties casually, not obsessively. You have to realize that the vast majority of players are not content locusts. Contents locusts can never be satisfied. It's pointless for any game company to even try to satisfy them. Their wants are quite properly ignored.

You obviously do play a lot. Which is why you maxed it out the second time. I only have Hero status with the BBA. I go about doing the bounties casually, not obsessively. You have to realize that the vast majority of players are not content locusts. Contents locusts can never be satisfied. It's pointless for any game company to even try to satisfy them. Their wants are quite properly ignored.

I guess you're right, this game is designed for the casual player, the devs are ignoring thje content locusts because they can't keep up and so focus on the casuals, which is why it's the most successful Star Wars MMO out there today.

Edited by Rileysoph

agree, someone who plays 7 days a week 5 hours a day, a week long event doesnt last very long (can probably burn through it in that single week) someone who plays 5 hours on a weekend, may or may not even get a chance to get the event even once. Having it one time, allows those who would otherwise do something else, to balance the load so it isn't having the entire server doing nothing but that for the week, and then complaining there is no new content.

Its something 'different' or was. I think its just a lazy attempt to give players a reason to login.

In Star Wars Galaxies - a live event was just that - LIVE. The devs logged in with main characters like Vader/Luke and lead us into battle with hundreds of Stormtrooper NPCs - or there was the Sand People raid on Bestine - now thats a real event.

Anyone who thinks this 'Bounty Hunter' event is good, needs to google what a Bounty Hunter is and supposed to do. They do not visit some random terminal in the middle of no where after offering 4 drinks to some randoms.

In Star Wars Galaxies - a live event was just that - LIVE. The devs logged in with main characters like Vader/Luke and lead us into battle with hundreds of Stormtrooper NPCs - or there was the Sand People raid on Bestine - now thats a real event.

Well then go play an SWG emu if it was so great. I tried participating in a live event in DDO once. It was 00ber lame. So no thanks.

[Anyone who thinks this 'Bounty Hunter' event is good, needs to google what a Bounty Hunter is and supposed to do. They do not visit some random terminal in the middle of no where after offering 4 drinks to some randoms.

I think it's fun, which is all that matters, since TOR is a game I play for fun

Edited by branmakmuffin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.