Open the access to the swtor forum to all players for free

JJTEAMA

Please make it so all player can post to swtor forum not just the subers

i meen if you really hear what all players are saying about swtor then isnt it alot better to have swtor forum open to all who play swtor i myself am only about to post here if i sub and im sure other are having the same hard time more activity will happen on here if this swtor forum is free for all to use.

So you get all feeed back you can you never know who has great input and you may be missing out please open full access to all players

thank you for reading this

I would guess what is going on today on the general forum is about the biggest argument against opening the forum for non-subscribers.

Today the forum was attacked by agressive posters on a level that actually made Eric make a post about it.... and they are paying to make such attacks.

Now imagine, what they could do, if they could just return over and over and spew toxic waste all through the forum.

I would agree that allowing preferred players to write in the new player and customer service and allow all players to make bug reports would be a reasonable compromise.

I would guess what is going on today on the general forum is about the biggest argument against opening the forum for non-subscribers.

Today the forum was attacked by agressive posters on a level that actually made Eric make a post about it.... and they are paying to make such attacks.

Now imagine, what they could do, if they could just return over and over and spew toxic waste all through the forum.

I would agree that allowing preferred players to write in the new player and customer service and allow all players to make bug reports would be a reasonable compromise.

This many times. OP in a few short days former players who don't play the game have returned to spew nothing but toxic nature. Now imagine the type of spam that would ensue if the forum were open to everyone.

Have you not figured out how they're doing it? It's pretty simple.

All those people posting all those "friend referral" links that gives any account 6 DAYS OF SUBSCRIBER STATUS.

You could click on someone's referral link a dozen times, making a new account each time, and have a dozen SUBSCRIBED accounts ready for posting at no cost to you.

Apparently, EAware didn't think about that little bit when they made the "invite a friend" deal.

So effectively, until EAware removes the "invite friend" ( which would probably irritate some customers ), these forums ARE OPEN TO EVERYONE.

Edited by Zorvan

Please make it so all player can post to swtor forum not just the subers

i meen if you really hear what all players are saying about swtor then isnt it alot better to have swtor forum open to all who play swtor i myself am only about to post here if i sub and im sure other are having the same hard time more activity will happen on here if this swtor forum is free for all to use.

So you get all feeed back you can you never know who has great input and you may be missing out please open full access to all players

thank you for reading this

Terrible idea. freeples could always pay for the privilege of giving their feedback (as well as many other priviliges). Biggest argument against: observe the General forums this past week. Now multiply that by 100. EA would need to hire entire buildings full of mods, so that they could police folks who ... aren't paying them a dime.

About the only exception I'd make to this is Customer Service, but maybe not even that (why offer CS to people who aren't paying anything for it?). Even New Player Help is a bad idea; freeples can get their questions answered by just reading it, as most questions are asked once every week or two.

Have you not figured out how they're doing it? It's pretty simple.

All those people posting all those "friend referral" links that gives any account 6 DAYS OF SUBSCRIBER STATUS.

You could click on someone's referral link a dozen times, making a new account each time, and have a dozen SUBSCRIBED accounts ready for posting at no cost to you.

Apparently, EAware didn't think about that little bit when they made the "invite a friend" deal.

So effectively, until EAware removes the "invite friend" ( which would probably irritate some customers ), these forums ARE OPEN TO EVERYONE.

Not sure if that's working entirely the way they intended, but even so, they can restrict forum access to temporary subscribers who haven't actually paid. I'm not going to say "oh it's easy to do that", it might be more complicated, but it isn't impossible.

Not sure if that's working entirely the way they intended, but even so, they can restrict forum access to temporary subscribers who haven't actually paid. I'm not going to say "oh it's easy to do that", it might be more complicated, but it isn't impossible.

Of course they can. But they haven't. There's the issue.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.